Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Username, where did it come from?

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Re: Username, where did it come from?
Reply #30 on: December 31, 2007, 02:05:35 AM
When I first started joining forums, I went with LukeC. (First name Last initial) But after a while a "Luke C" showed up on a couple of the forums I was on, and that just got very confusing... :D So I decided to try to find another...

NeitherExtreme seemed good to me, since it kinda sums up one of my life goals/themes- to live a life that avoids harmful extremes. Examples: pure agnostic or pure dogma, workaholic or lazy bum, cynic or fanatic, over "righteous" or over "foolish", and the list goes on... I feel like I am naturally drawn to all sorts of worthless extremes, while the best path lies somewhere between. So the name is more descriptive of the journey I'm on, rather than the state I'm in now.

Good thread by the way... :)

Offline kreskin13

Reply #31 on: December 31, 2007, 02:16:20 AM
I have a certain fondness for the best multi-tool on the face of the Earth. The sticky gray kind that comes on a roll. And as for the whole "Is it duck or duct tape?" debate I will post this link.

http://www.ducttapeguys.com/duckvsduct.html

Thanks for that link.  I've always wondered that.

I want to know the story about Tom Munch's username.  :D

Maybe it's because he likes to munch on candy or could it be.........pie?

Calvin
[

Offline kreskin13

Reply #32 on: December 31, 2007, 02:32:56 AM
I have a certain fondness for the best multi-tool on the face of the Earth. The sticky gray kind that comes on a roll. And as for the whole "Is it duck or duct tape?" debate I will post this link.

http://www.ducttapeguys.com/duckvsduct.html

I always called it duct tape because I used to hang duct work. Funny thing was we never used it. We used that aluminum tape for taping seams.

I EDC, on my keychain, about 15" of 1" duct tape wrapped around a paper clip (another great multitool).

Great link though. Very interesting.

Calvin
[

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #33 on: December 31, 2007, 02:33:31 AM
I think that's his name!
[

Offline kreskin13

Reply #34 on: December 31, 2007, 02:43:58 AM
I think that's his name!

If it is, it's very tricky. Brilliant even.

Calvin
[

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #35 on: December 31, 2007, 05:26:12 AM
I'm not much of a football fan these days but I always like to see the Vikings and the Chiefs do well.
I'm not a Vikings fan but I am a Chiefs fan. It has taught me to endure disappointment.  :-\ :-\
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: December 31, 2007, 07:35:06 AM
My user name shows just how much of a nerd that I am. It's after my favorite cartoon character from when I was a kid and the year I was born.

OPTIMUS PRIME
"

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #37 on: December 31, 2007, 09:09:32 AM
Mine's a contraction of my two christian names, (michael david) it was also the nickname of my favorite motorcycle racer Mick Doohan = MickyD

Funny thing is I don't like the name Mick ::)

I thought you named yourself after King Diamonds old drummer  :D
Never heard of em :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #38 on: December 31, 2007, 04:07:51 PM
Mine's a contraction of my two christian names, (michael david) it was also the nickname of my favorite motorcycle racer Mick Doohan = MickyD

Funny thing is I don't like the name Mick ::)

I thought you named yourself after King Diamonds old drummer  :D
Never heard of em :D

[off topic]

King Diamonds album "Them" is still one of my all time favorites :D

[/off topic]
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Offline Biru

Reply #39 on: December 31, 2007, 05:39:55 PM
Japanese for "Bill."

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #40 on: December 31, 2007, 06:12:56 PM
My user name shows just how much of a nerd that I am. It's after my favorite cartoon character from when I was a kid and the year I was born.
(Image removed from quote.)
OPTIMUS PRIME

TILL ALL ARE ONE!  Autobots, transform and ROLLOUT!

Yeah I'm a nerd too, but I like to hide it with things that explode! :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Splat

Reply #41 on: December 31, 2007, 07:20:25 PM
I always thought the name "Optimus Prime" was one of the coolest names ever. I didn't really like that cartoon, but "Battle of The Planets"/ G-Force was one of my all-time favs as a kid. Traaaansmute!   ::)  :P

My nickname came about thanks to a black Ford Explorer, a bicycle, and a very large hill.
We have a beautiful area here in NJ called Round Valley Recreation Area in Hunterdon County http://tinyurl.com/2tq39o . It's a beautiful area to ride thru, whether pedal or motor powered. One part of the route I often go there's a very steep hill. My and a few riding buddies were riding the route one beautiful summer day. We were heading down this hill, myself in the lead position, and I remember my bike-computer showing 59mph. Holding on for dear life I come flying down this hill, positioned almost center of my car lane, when I see a black Ford Explorer pull up from a side street about 75-80 feet downhill from me. I start applying brakes hoping the driver sees me and lets me go since it would be a close-call if he tried turning onto my street without me plowing into him. Well, you know what happens...  The idiot either didn't see me or thought he could make it. He didn't. I plowed right into the Explorer's driver's side back quarter panel. Luckily I had been braking so I wasn't going 59mph but I pro'lly hit him doing about 25mph. I turned my head and kinda pushed back right at the impact so I luckily didn't go head first but kinda body-slammed him. The SOB never stopped.  >:( Two of my buddies tried going after the guy but he turned up another side street up a hill and they couldn't catch up to get the plate even. My best friend stopped to help me. I don't know how but nothing was broken, except my bike  :( I had a slight headache but nothing major. Oh yeah, my nickname....  All I remember hearing just before crashing into the Explorer was my buddy right behind me, "Oh, splat!!!" Since then I'm now Splat. Stupid maybe, but true. I kinda like it. It's a good tale to tell at parties.  :cheers:
Splat

Offline yellowhammer

Reply #42 on: December 31, 2007, 07:54:22 PM
Battle of the Planets rules! :D
C

Offline kreskin13

Reply #43 on: December 31, 2007, 08:13:44 PM
I always thought the name "Optimus Prime" was one of the coolest names ever. I didn't really like that cartoon, but "Battle of The Planets"/ G-Force was one of my all-time favs as a kid. Traaaansmute!   ::)  :P

My nickname came about thanks to a black Ford Explorer, a bicycle, and a very large hill.
We have a beautiful area here in NJ called Round Valley Recreation Area in Hunterdon County http://tinyurl.com/2tq39o . It's a beautiful area to ride thru, whether pedal or motor powered. One part of the route I often go there's a very steep hill. My and a few riding buddies were riding the route one beautiful summer day. We were heading down this hill, myself in the lead position, and I remember my bike-computer showing 59mph. Holding on for dear life I come flying down this hill, positioned almost center of my car lane, when I see a black Ford Explorer pull up from a side street about 75-80 feet downhill from me. I start applying brakes hoping the driver sees me and lets me go since it would be a close-call if he tried turning onto my street without me plowing into him. Well, you know what happens...  The idiot either didn't see me or thought he could make it. He didn't. I plowed right into the Explorer's driver's side back quarter panel. Luckily I had been braking so I wasn't going 59mph but I pro'lly hit him doing about 25mph. I turned my head and kinda pushed back right at the impact so I luckily didn't go head first but kinda body-slammed him. The SOB never stopped.  >:( Two of my buddies tried going after the guy but he turned up another side street up a hill and they couldn't catch up to get the plate even. My best friend stopped to help me. I don't know how but nothing was broken, except my bike  :( I had a slight headache but nothing major. Oh yeah, my nickname....  All I remember hearing just before crashing into the Explorer was my buddy right behind me, "Oh, splat!!!" Since then I'm now Splat. Stupid maybe, but true. I kinda like it. It's a good tale to tell at parties.  :cheers:

Maybe we should call you LuckySplat! Hit and run drivers should have to run and get hit! I had one hit one of my collies, cost me $2500 to get his leg fixed. :twak:

Calvin
[

us Offline Splat

Reply #44 on: December 31, 2007, 09:49:45 PM
Maybe we should call you LuckySplat! Hit and run drivers should have to run and get hit! I had one hit one of my collies, cost me $2500 to get his leg fixed. :twak:

Wow! That must'a sucked. Glad he's OK though. I love dogs and despise people who hurt them. Hit and run drivers are among the lowest of cowards. Hey, got a pic of the collie?
Splat

Offline kreskin13

Reply #45 on: January 01, 2008, 02:37:00 PM

Wow! That must'a sucked. Glad he's OK though. I love dogs and despise people who hurt them. Hit and run drivers are among the lowest of cowards. Hey, got a pic of the collie?

I'll try and find some but Kaiser died about 3 years ago (he made it to 14 though). I have 2 other collies now, Seven (male sable, like Kaiser) and Binger (female blue merle). Here they are.

Calvin

* IMGP0023_2.jpg (Filesize: 64.36 KB)
IMGP0243_2.jpg
* IMGP0243_2.jpg (Filesize: 66.07 KB)
[

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #46 on: January 01, 2008, 11:26:51 PM
I think Collies are beautiful dogs.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #47 on: January 01, 2008, 11:31:23 PM
And amazingly intelligent,not to mention extremely  gentle and protective of children,at least the ones I've known.
I

Offline kreskin13

Reply #48 on: January 01, 2008, 11:45:27 PM
And amazingly intelligent,not to mention extremely  gentle and protective of children,at least the ones I've known.

As much as I love all dogs, I just can't imagine being without a collie. It's the only kind of dog I've had since I was a kid and although there are a lot of beautiful dogs, I think collies are the best looking dogs out there. I would like to meet one of these intelligent ones, mine have only been smart enough to control me!

Calvin
[

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #49 on: January 01, 2008, 11:50:55 PM
I have to agree with you there. When I was a teenager I worked on a horse farm that had a Collie and Golden Retriever there that was smarter than most of the other workers.
"

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #50 on: January 02, 2008, 04:17:52 AM
my original user name is "Dantor" which I am in several forums. When I joined another forum last year I wanted to try something different
and the forum was called the dog pound or yard and I wanted an appropriate name. I'm a lord of the rings fan and have read many books

and always liked the name "WitchKing" but I didn't want to use WitchDawg because witch is usually more a feminine thing
so I used Which as in "which one?" or "WhichDawg/Dog?" and kept it here because changing your name confuses your
online friends in different forums! so 2's enough :)

Offline crls1

• I do Exist!!!!
Reply #51 on: January 02, 2008, 05:55:11 AM
Mine is very simple: is my name without the vocals, and is the one i use in all the forums i post.

Carlos
(

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: January 02, 2008, 06:11:13 AM
Is there a Carlos two or three? or is it "One and Only"?

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #53 on: January 02, 2008, 02:12:21 PM
We had a member called 1standonly once.  He made his first and only post to publicly thank the members here for helping him to choose the right tool.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #54 on: January 02, 2008, 02:41:08 PM
We had a member called 1standonly once

It would bear some investigating if you managed to have a username occur twice  :think:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #55 on: January 02, 2008, 03:44:39 PM
Well we offered to change his username if he ever decided to come back!

Def

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #56 on: January 02, 2008, 04:22:06 PM
We had a member called 1standonly once.  He made his first and only post to publicly thank the members here for helping him to choose the right tool.

Def

What did he choose?
- Terry

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #57 on: January 02, 2008, 04:29:16 PM

Offline crls1

• I do Exist!!!!
Reply #58 on: January 02, 2008, 06:46:29 PM
Is there a Carlos two or three? or is it "One and Only"?

Well, not exactly a Carlos 2 or 3, but there is a crls123 or crls1973. The reason for the numbres are becausemost part of forums and emails do not allow user names with less tha five characters, so, the numbrer one was the "first" thing that came to my mind...

Regards
Carlos
(

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31