Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Cybertool?

us Offline Chain Gang

Cybertool?
on: October 20, 2011, 05:48:13 AM
I'm thinking my next SAK may be a Cybertool 34 or 41.I'm watching a few on Ebay but before I pull the trigger I would like to get some opinions.My main concern is the screw driver attachment.I know you can't do any heavy duty task with it but it looks rather delicate to me.Anyone have any experience with it?

bn Offline jojotlc

Re: Cybertool?
Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 07:29:55 AM
cybertool are the new age swisschamps, with bit extension, and bit holder.
for purchases, i would suggest to refer edcsource felinevet shop, as prices are better for NIB item.
I got a used CT34 from mto sale, but a very mint one with price still below ebay used listings (never like to bid) in wee hrs).CT41 NIB i got from edcsource listing is also way below ebay lists price.

attched are pics of ct34, ct41 with swisschamps..difference for ct41 is mag glass & philip screwdriver replaced by bit driver&holder.
screw bit extension are robust enough for opening desktop pc, or the odd bits with r/c kits assembly (also got a complte EDS kit).Integraated extension driver is thicker at base compared to swisschamp philip driver.
Knowingmy swisschamp (s) for over 13 odd years, i would say, CTs would also be robust for everyday need, minus heavy duty stuffs (involving lots of torque), call up the regular plain 'handy manny' screwdrivers..imho. ;)
pics shows.. ct34, ct41 and trusty old friend swisschamp...
another pic will show side view (byte exceeded)..
SAK CT3441SC.jpg
* SAK CT3441SC.jpg (Filesize: 112.26 KB)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 08:21:11 AM by jojotlc »
Inner Peace  8-)

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 07:41:14 AM
I had some issues about bit's and bit holder on CT, but I've been lucky to get 41... It's awesom, and just enough strenght for EDC and light to medium tasks.

I've used it to unscrew/screw some electronics, wooden drawers, furniture, tighten upholistery screws in truck.... It's awesom, and I'll be getting 34 and 29...  :salute: :salute:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

bn Offline jojotlc

Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 08:07:39 AM
all main tools uncovered..

as in MTO tradition :D, need to complete it with CT29...and fund permitting a 125th cybertool from Dr Tim..
SAKCT3441scb.jpg
* SAKCT3441scb.jpg (Filesize: 82.31 KB)
Inner Peace  8-)

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 08:18:59 AM
I believe it was targeted at Geeks/Computer folk, I have the CT34Lite and is it a beauty! it's not small  :ahhh

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 08:23:09 AM
Never had any problems with CT bits and the bit driver. I use mine all the time.

I really don't like the 29 by the way, the bit driver blocks access to the main blade's nail nick.
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 08:42:54 AM
I really don't like the 29 by the way, the bit driver blocks access to the main blade's nail nick.
I really love my CT's. I have both a CT29 and CT34. I actually prefer the CT29 because it fits your palm better when using the bit driver. The nail nick issue really might only affect those with short nails.

The tool itself seems strong enough for all my needs. It has a pretty strong positive lock at 90 degrees too so you could add more torque in that situation.

The bits are special in that they have spring loaded ball bearings that hold them into the tip. So if you lose your bits you will need to buy replacements from Victorinox. The other plain bits that are commonly found around in magnetic screwdrivers are too big and will not work. That being said, you really can only use 1 bit at a time so the other 3 should always be held in the special bit holder solving the lost problem.

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 08:59:14 AM
Maybe our mods can custom build bits?!?  :think: :think:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

us Offline Chain Gang

Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 04:44:29 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies and advice.I did see a 34 for a good price at Edcsource but I'm thinking the 41 may be the one I really want.The search continues.

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 04:49:59 PM
I have EDC'd a CT41 (with mod'ed scales) for over a year.  It is pocket carry.  The tool is fantastic the driver can take a fair bit of torque.  I have not lost any bits, but agree that replacements are problematic.

For me, the CT41 is the modern version of the SwissChamp (ie I don't need a fish scaler at work).

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 10:18:16 PM
Best I can offer is that I bought a CT34 from Neil.I havnt stopped edcing it to work yet!So far the bit driver has been spot on!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline badwolf

• No Life Club
  • my best friends a dog
Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 10:45:03 PM
Nice to see the side by side pics, like those cyber tools, thinking about getting a swiss champ but really don't like that (sorry) silly fish pokey thingy :-\...so a cyder tool might be just right :tu:
Oh and those cyber tool bits are they special non standard 1/4"/6mm?
"I like me, my wife likes me"

JC PT&A

us Offline Chain Gang

Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 08:26:54 PM
The search is over for now.I just won an Ebay auction for a NIB CT34 for a great price.Well....the search may not be completely over because I still don't have a 41.OMG....WILL IT EVER END?Is there a 12 step program for SAK collecting? :ahhh

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 08:46:08 PM
The search is over for now.I just won an Ebay auction for a NIB CT34 for a great price.Well....the search may not be completely over because I still don't have a 41.OMG....WILL IT EVER END?Is there a 12 step program for SAK collecting? :ahhh

There is. But all 12 steps are identical: buy more SAKs...
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline Chain Gang

Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 09:00:28 PM

There is. But all 12 steps are identical: buy more SAKs...
Ok...I will...see how easily I can be persuaded.

gb Offline badwolf

• No Life Club
  • my best friends a dog
Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 02:46:48 AM
The bits are special in that they have spring loaded ball bearings that hold them into the tip. So if you lose your bits you will need to buy replacements from Victorinox. The other plain bits that are commonly found around in magnetic screwdrivers are too big and will not work.

Sorry, don't know how I missed this bit :think:...shame there not standard bits, would give you bit (pun intended) more choice :D :tu:
"I like me, my wife likes me"

JC PT&A

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 06:01:18 AM
The other plain bits that are commonly found around in magnetic screwdrivers are too big and will not work.

They fit in terms of shank size, but they are overlong and need a magnet. So... if you have a grinder, some jb weld and some 2mm rare earth magnets from the People's Republic, you're back in business. :)

I know Wiha makes 4mm shanked precision bit drivers that are non-magnetic. I just can't remember at the moment if the ball is on the bit or the holder.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

nz Offline KiwiMark

Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 11:26:30 AM
WILL IT EVER END?Is there a 12 step program for SAK collecting? :ahhh

You've come to the right place - welcome to SAKaholic enablers, enjoy the many new SAKs you will be buying.

BTW
I've been carrying my Cybertool 34 every day for 11 years and it is holding up nicely.  The bit driver has been used to build & repair plenty of computers, all bits are still in good condition and working well.
"Mr. Carl Elsener and his Victorinox brand of knives is the undisputed king of knives in the world today."

- Sal Glesser (Bladeforums - 8 Jan 2011)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $98.12
PayPal Fees: $5.09
Net Balance: $93.03
Below Goal: $206.97
Site Currency: USD
31%