Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

You just never know who's behind you....

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
You just never know who's behind you....
on: October 23, 2011, 07:48:41 PM
I just got home from walking my dogs at a park that's not too far from the bar I used to work at and witnessed a car accident.  As I was driving up the road a small black car pulled out in front of me from the bar parking lot and I absentmindedly wondered if it was someone from the bar I should know, but I didn't recognize the car.  A few hundred yards up the road a large blue F-150 backed out onto the road and into the little black car, all only about 50-60 feet ahead of me.  I pulled over to see if everyone was ok, and guess who gets out of the black car?  One of the owners of the bar!  :D

I didn't recognize his car because it's brand new... or at least it was!  :P  Now the rear door on the passenger side, quarter panel and rear bumper are destroyed, so it's always nice to get that first blindside out of the way!  :D

The funny thing is that someone had just hit his car in the same spot in a parking lot a few days ago and he has an appointment with the body shop for an estimate tomorrow!

As I was talking to him I think he was just kind of in shock and reacting- you know, going through the motions, but I imagine when he's able to think properly again he'll be happy that I was behind him and able to do the thinking for him- getting pictures and helping the insurance exchange info, giving him the non-emergency number for the police so he could be sure he had everything and so on.

It just goes to show you that you should try to always do what's right by people, because you never know when someone may be there to back you up.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: You just never know who's behind you....
Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 08:48:58 PM
wow! you see all the fun :pok: I'm glad everyone was ok.

when I was a limo driver, I had these people/clients moving and I had all these suitcases in the car, over-packed! and I was leaving the airport, at the parking garage ticket shack and reaching for the glove box with suitcases loaded on the seat in the way,

and I let the brake off slightly and the car moved slowly forward (unbeknown to me cause I was digging in the glove) and scrapped the side of the car on the concrete gate! doh

I was so upset, and the next day my boss called me in and was laughing at me! he said that car had just had an accident with a bus on the same side and was scratched and it was going be fixed/repaired later that week! and how lucky I was lol

your story reminded me of that  :P :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD