Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Silly idea....

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Silly idea....
on: November 05, 2006, 05:03:13 AM
I'm kind of thinking of snagging something like this-

http://cgi.ebay.com/SOG-Powerlock-tool-EOD-plier-head-black-spare-parts-new_W0QQitemZ300044121673QQihZ020QQcategoryZ66824QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and building a tool from the ground up.  I think it might be kinda fun...  or at least an excuse to make a big mess and play with power tools!  Any suggestions?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Re: Silly idea....
Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 08:38:49 AM
I think it's a great idea. I really like the fact that you can customize and take apat SOGS.
"

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 10:49:48 PM
Having the plier head would certainly take care of the toughest part of building a multi tool from scratch. But what to do about the handles and the blades?

......I'm guessing you probably have an extra SAK or two lying around........ ;)

* SOGVIC.jpg (Filesize: 40.33 KB)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 11:46:17 PM
I was planning on using mostly SAK parts since they are pretty easy to get.  Rotokid on SOSAKOnline sells all kinds of cool things including SAK parts, and better yet, carbon fiber, which is what I was thinking about making the handles out of.

The difficulty comes in the lock or backspring design mostly I think.  Either way, it should prove interesting, and Tom (Rotokid) and I have already discussed it a little.  If it goes reasonably well, and isn't too involved, he may even offer a kit version later on.

But that's all up in the air right now.  First we want to see what we are up against.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 12:03:59 AM
Let me know if you need any custom machine work done.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 12:09:52 AM
I am quite certain I will be taking you up on that!  Also, if you come across any spare fingers, please feel free to put them on ice for me as I am sure I'll need them...

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%