Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What watch did you wear today?

sawman · 3233 · 275382

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: What watch did you wear today?
Reply #1410 on: June 09, 2014, 12:59:54 AM
So, I'm looking at G-Shock/ Casio watches a little more closely right now for a near future purchase. I am going on a rafting trip this summer and will be needing something a bit more rugged than a Swatch or Echo-Drive. I think I have narrowed my choice to three. I've got my eye on the Casio PRG270-4 Pro Trek, G-Shock 9300-1 Mudman, G-Shock GDF 100-1b. Any suggestions (of other watches even) or help with this would be greatly appreciated as I don't know much about these.
I don't have any of the models you posted but have two gshocks myself and I must say I like them. Both are solar powered, but the one is atomic,  I love it, all I have to do is just wear it, it does the rest. Also nice not having to worry about the batteries! JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline stealth007s

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #1411 on: June 09, 2014, 01:02:04 AM
I don't have any of the models you posted but have two gshocks myself and I must say I like them. Both are solar powered, but the one is atomic,  I love it, all I have to do is just wear it, it does the rest. Also nice not having to worry about the batteries! JR

What models do you have JR? I think the solar is a must for me which all three of those have.
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1412 on: June 09, 2014, 01:14:43 AM

What models do you have JR? I think the solar is a must for me which all three of those have.
I forget what model#'s they are I can look them up, but here's the pics of them. JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1413 on: June 09, 2014, 01:28:04 AM

I forget what model#'s they are I can look them up, but here's the pics of them. JR
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)
Here, on the left a Casio GX56-1ACR G-Shock Tough Solar Mud Resistant, and on the right a
Casio GW6900-1 Tough Solar "G-Shock" Atomic,, JR

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #1414 on: June 09, 2014, 01:43:07 AM
Thanks for that JR :tu:

Terry

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1415 on: June 09, 2014, 03:10:06 AM
Thanks for that JR :tu:
Sure thing, any other question just ask! JR

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #1416 on: June 09, 2014, 03:26:52 AM
The GX-56 is a great watch, but it is HUGE.  Mine rarely gets worn, I just think it's a bit too big.  Other than that I think it's neat, and the damn thing started me on getting some G's.  I've got four now, plus two older style, simpler Casios.  Oh, and two Wengers.  And a Victorinox.  And a Seiko.  And a Bulova.  :facepalm:  That damn GX started it all!
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #1417 on: June 11, 2014, 09:53:08 PM
The Mrs and I went to Austin on Monday to check out a movie (Million Dollar Arm) and we had some time to kill so we went to a department store. I went straight to the watch counter to see what they had to offer. G-Shocks are huge watches!¡! Well, some of them. I'm eyeing the GA1000-4A for a very possible addition to the three I'm considering. I almost walked out with it that night but restrained.

Terry

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #1418 on: June 11, 2014, 09:56:18 PM
The Mrs and I went to Austin on Monday to check out a movie (Million Dollar Arm) and we had some time to kill so we went to a department store. I went straight to the watch counter to see what they had to offer. G-Shocks are huge watches!¡! Well, some of them. I'm eyeing the GA1000-4A for a very possible addition to the three I'm considering. I almost walked out with it that night but restrained.

(Image removed from quote.)
Nice looking G there, orange and all  :drool:
SAW

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #1419 on: June 11, 2014, 09:59:19 PM
Nice looking G there, orange and all  :drool:

The orange is the attractant for me for sure :drool:

Terry

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1420 on: June 12, 2014, 01:44:16 PM
Not all G's are huge,the GX56 is a 5600 on steroids,personally after wearing practically the same type of G since 83 i still think the dw5600e is hard too beat (literary ) lol i wear a old beaten dw5600e for work and cycling etc and a solar G5600E most of the time,it fits nicely on my 8inch wrist and looks a good size,when the dw5000 came out in 1983 the good folks in japan didnt like it as thought it was huge,of course watches was much smaller back then,my first was a dw50001b i brought it with my first paypacket and wore it in italy and diving in france,everytime i look at the time i remember the 80's, heres me aged 14 wearing my old g-shock in the south of france 1984ish
30919_389169520821_6443880_n.jpg
* 30919_389169520821_6443880_n.jpg (Filesize: 31.29 KB)
13769192067781.jpg
* 13769192067781.jpg (Filesize: 95.44 KB)

us Offline sawman

Reply #1421 on: June 12, 2014, 02:23:59 PM
Not all G's are huge,the GX56 is a 5600 on steroids,personally after wearing practically the same type of G since 83 i still think the dw5600e is hard too beat (literary ) lol i wear a old beaten dw5600e for work and cycling etc and a solar G5600E most of the time,it fits nicely on my 8inch wrist and looks a good size,when the dw5000 came out in 1983 the good folks in japan didnt like it as thought it was huge,of course watches was much smaller back then,my first was a dw50001b i brought it with my first paypacket and wore it in italy and diving in france,everytime i look at the time i remember the 80's, heres me aged 14 wearing my old g-shock in the south of france 1984ish
I had one of the dw5000 models back in the 80's and completely trashed it. I used to swim with it on resulting in the front piece peeling away. So I decided to see how much the G could take and I finally killed it. I liked that watch and wish that I'd just replaced the front piece and kept it...  ::)
SAW

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1422 on: June 12, 2014, 03:01:13 PM
I had one of the dw5000 models back in the 80's and completely trashed it. I used to swim with it on resulting in the front piece peeling away. So I decided to see how much the G could take and I finally killed it. I liked that watch and wish that I'd just replaced the front piece and kept it...  ::)

I did the same steve other than with me it was bmx and swimming and carpetfitting,i remember in the end it was covered in screed and bashed to hell,but then thats what they are designed for  :salute:

us Offline sawman

Reply #1423 on: June 12, 2014, 03:09:48 PM

I did the same steve other than with me it was bmx and swimming and carpetfitting,i remember in the end it was covered in screed and bashed to hell,but then thats what they are designed for  :salute:
:cheers:

I've been wearing my DW5600 the past several weeks. It's comfortable enough that I even sleep wearing it so I can tell the time any time of night :tu:
SAW

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1424 on: June 12, 2014, 03:24:18 PM

:cheers:

I've been wearing my DW5600 the past several weeks. It's comfortable enough that I even sleep wearing it so I can tell the time any time of night :tu:

:tu:
These days steve i only remove mine to put the other one on :D due to my job i wear mine in the shower as well  :D other than a going out type watch i really dont need all my other watches  :tu:

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #1425 on: June 18, 2014, 03:36:06 AM
Here's my new beasty G-Shock, the GA1000-4B

Sent from Terry's Texting Tool

Terry

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1426 on: June 18, 2014, 05:16:10 AM
Here's my new beasty G-Shock, the GA1000-4B

Sent from Terry's Texting Tool
:tu: nice one! JR

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #1427 on: June 18, 2014, 07:30:26 AM
Dual core Android 4.0 smartphone/watch

no,not really on my wrist...
But it is a pretty cool looking geek toy. If my eyes were better I'd be tempted.  But I have trouble reading stuff on the 4.5" screen on my Galaxy S III

us Offline sawman

Reply #1428 on: June 18, 2014, 03:44:14 PM
Dual core Android 4.0 smartphone/watch

no,not really on my wrist...
But it is a pretty cool looking geek toy. If my eyes were better I'd be tempted.  But I have trouble reading stuff on the 4.5" screen on my Galaxy S III
Amazing... the technology. I am far too rough on a watch though. I'd give that fancy gadget about a week before it was destroyed.
SAW

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1429 on: June 19, 2014, 02:54:58 PM
I had a little coin flipping competition between my G's last night for a work watch.  The winner/loser?  My DW9052.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline sawman

Reply #1430 on: June 19, 2014, 03:02:32 PM
I had a little coin flipping competition between my G's last night for a work watch.  The winner/loser?  My DW9052.

That's another classic Tom, and IMO a very comfortably fitting watch.
SAW

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1431 on: June 23, 2014, 06:02:16 PM
Another classic G for today, the DW-5600E. :tu:

us Offline sawman

Reply #1432 on: June 23, 2014, 06:27:57 PM
Another classic G for today, the DW-5600E. :tu:

I'm wearing the same :salute:
SAW

us Offline JAfromMn

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #1433 on: June 25, 2014, 12:56:12 AM
my trusty solar

Defend the Hive!!!

00 Offline minibear453

Reply #1434 on: June 25, 2014, 01:27:36 AM

Seiko Monster!

us Offline sawman

Reply #1435 on: June 25, 2014, 01:37:42 AM
SAW

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #1436 on: June 25, 2014, 01:37:57 AM

Seiko Monster!

Excellent choice, and welcome aboard!   :cheers:

us Offline New_World

• No Life Club
  • I EDC a cell phone
Reply #1437 on: June 25, 2014, 08:46:35 PM
my trusty solar

my favorite casio digital thats not a G-Shock!
and it looks like its though like almost all casio watches.
lots of value for that price point IMO.
Quality Control
Materials
Design

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #1438 on: June 26, 2014, 07:04:40 AM
My G-Shock has only left my arm when I sleep since I got it :D

Terry

us Offline sawman

Reply #1439 on: June 26, 2014, 05:38:56 PM
My G-Shock has only left my arm when I sleep since I got it :D
I haven't had mine off in weeks as I sleep and shower with it on.
SAW

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $91.95
PayPal Fees: $4.93
Net Balance: $87.02
Below Goal: $212.98
Site Currency: USD