Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

THE HOCKEY THREAD!!!! (spoilers) 62755

Full Member Posts: 164
Re: THE HOCKEY THREAD!!!!
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2011, 06:35:20 AM »
Devils won the other night with a good clean win.

Usually then have been taking it to overtime/shoot out. Which turns into a nail bitter. Hopefully they'll stay strong after the All Star Game.

Well even though i deeply hate both Rangers and Philly, I cant wait to watch the Winter Classic.
Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 10,526 Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2011, 12:02:38 PM »
An ally!  :cheers: The Devils looked pretty good the other night against Buffalo. As for the Winter Classic, when the Flyers and Rangers pay each other, I usually root for the arena to collapse  >:D, so I'm kinda at a loss for an outdoor game. Should be a good one though.

There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D
Keeper Of The PowerCut Admin Team Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 16,868 - Allan

AHB dk

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2011, 01:44:35 PM »
Canada 10, Denmark 2.  No wonder Allan isn't here!   :ahhh

Def
What's hockey..??  :think:  :P

"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius."
Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 12,140 North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2011, 02:38:52 PM »

Def

Nicklas Backstrom--Washington Capitals (aka Big Swede)
Marcus Johansson--Washington Capitals (aka Baby Swede)

Ok, yea, it's Sweden, but it's close.  >:(

Keeper Of The PowerCut Admin Team Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 16,868 - Allan

AHB dk

« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2011, 02:58:09 PM »

Def

I know Jannik Hansen - Vancouver Canucks is Danish..  ;)

"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius."
Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 12,140 North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2011, 04:50:18 PM »

Def
Here in the East, we prefer to hold up for examples, players and teams where the fans don't go out and riot just because they lost a game or two... ;)

:D

Head Turd Polisher Administrator He who has the most nuts, wins! Posts: 56,885 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2011, 05:39:41 PM »
An ally!  :cheers: The Devils looked pretty good the other night against Buffalo. As for the Winter Classic, when the Flyers and Rangers pay each other, I usually root for the arena to collapse  >:D, so I'm kinda at a loss for an outdoor game. Should be a good one though.

My brother is a huge Rangers fan, so I have similar feelings!  I like to send him texts every time the Rangers lose!

Def

It's the sport we sold to the Americans so Canadians could work in the US!  And apparently so Swedes and Russians could get jobs here...  :D

Def

NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!

NEW PRODUCTS ADDED DAILY!
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2011, 07:16:27 PM »

My brother is a huge Rangers fan, so I have similar feelings!  I like to send him texts every time the Rangers lose!

Majority of my friends are Rangers Fans so when ever they loose I always send them tons of text's but then its the other way around when the Devils loose. But when they play each other, don't even get me started.
No Life Club Posts: 2,549
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2011, 07:46:51 PM »

Def

Jannik Hansen, Lars Eller, Frans Nielsen, Niklas Jensen, Mikkel Bødker
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2011, 11:37:42 PM »
Devils win again, this time beating the Penguins 1-3

Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 10,526 Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2012, 12:50:14 AM »

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

Make that 3-1  :). Nice move by Kovalchuk on the penalty shot. The Devils ended the year winning 9 of 12, very nice. :tu:

There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2012, 12:56:40 AM »

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

Make that 3-1  :). Nice move by Kovalchuk on the penalty shot. The Devils ended the year winning 9 of 12, very nice. :tu:
Didn't get to watch the game, I did just watch the highlights and that was a very nice move by Kovy in the penalty shot. The Devils have been doing really good at killing PP and SO or 1 on 1 goals.
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2012, 01:29:34 AM »
Well, I got to watch the Winter Classic today. The good news-the Flyers lost! :tu:  The bad news-the Rangers won  :(. Either way I wasn't going to be happy with the outcome  :P. Devils are in Ottawa tonight, so more hockey!

« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2012, 04:39:05 AM »
Well, I got to watch the Winter Classic today. The good news-the Flyers lost! :tu:  The bad news-the Rangers won  :(. Either way I wasn't going to be happy with the outcome  :P. Devils are in Ottawa tonight, so more hockey!
Well the Devils game wasn't much to watch either. Blowing a 2-0 lead, and then loose in OT  :ahhh :ahhh

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 19,687 What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2012, 05:13:39 AM »
My Sharks beat the Canucks in a shootout.  :tu:

I'm the milk man!
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2012, 01:19:47 AM »
The Devils are playing those smurftards, the Rangers, tonight. You just knew something was going to happen when both coaches put their fourth lines out for the opening faceoff  >:D . Exactly TWO SECONDS into the game and there were two fights going at center ice! This is going to be a fun one.......

« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2012, 01:27:00 AM »
Matty P scores the first Caps goal at 13 SECONDS into the first period :D

2-0 now.  Yup.  I good hockey night so far!

« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2012, 01:29:07 AM »
Yes it is, David Clarkson got his 21st of the season, 1-0 New Jersey. :tu:

No Life Club Posts: 1,331
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2012, 01:10:23 AM »
GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I want Domi,Tucker,Corson,Belfour,Sundin,McCabe back!! Wouldnt even mind having CUJO
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2012, 11:42:31 PM »
Went to the Devils-Ducks game last night, a bit of a late Valentine's present.  It sure was a fun game, just end-to-end from the second half of the 1st on. Went to shootout after a Ducks goal was disallowed in OT.  Three of the sweetest words in English when not directed at your team- "Distinct kicking motion". :) Devils won 3-2.

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 19,687 What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2012, 11:08:07 PM »
The Sharks need to step there game up. With only 20 games left in the season and we are second to last in the Western and I believe dead last in the Pacific its looking bad. I still believe we will make it as we have made playoffs 10+ years in a row, but you never know until it's official.

I'm the milk man!
« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2012, 02:21:47 AM »
The Sharks need to step there game up. With only 20 games left in the season and we are second to last in the Western and I believe dead last in the Pacific its looking bad. I still believe we will make it as we have made playoffs 10+ years in a row, but you never know until it's official.

It doesn't look as bad as you think at the moment, looks like they're in 8th place, last playoff berth for now.  The fact that your head coach has a concussion and isn't cleared to be behind the bench, on the other hand....

Formerly known as 665ae No Life Club Posts: 3,374 blah blah blah
« Reply #82 on: February 29, 2012, 02:54:42 AM »
I'm not exactly sure how I missed this thread...

I've got tickets to see the Wings vs Blackhawks this Sunday :D

If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.
« Reply #83 on: February 29, 2012, 03:49:00 AM »

It doesn't look as bad as you think at the moment, looks like they're in 8th place, last playoff berth for now.  The fact that your head coach has a concussion and isn't cleared to be behind the bench, on the other hand....

I just looked at the standing's. I don't know why I thought we were doing so bad.  :think: Either way we need a win tonight. Every point counts when the playoffs get in sight.

I'm the milk man!
No Life Club Posts: 2,549
« Reply #84 on: February 29, 2012, 10:20:23 PM »
The Hodgson for Kassian trade better work out or there are going to be a lot of Canucks fans wanting Gillis' head.

Also, back in first place in the league.
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2012, 02:06:01 AM »
Sorry, Mr. Whippy, but.......Someone want to tell the Caps that they're supposed to be playing hockey? ::)  Zach Parise has a hat trick already, 3 minutes into the second period, 4-0 Devils  :tu: .

Make that 5-0  :o
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 02:28:02 AM by jerseydevil »

« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2012, 03:27:21 AM »
Ugh.  Had to stop watching.  My blood pressure couldn't take it.  I don't see the Stanley cup playoffs in their future... :(

No Life Club Posts: 1,571
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2012, 03:38:37 AM »
After 10 straight losses, Leafs finally fired Ron Wilson today.  New coach is Randy Carlyle.

This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2012, 03:46:18 AM »
Hehehe...I LOVE watching the Rangers lose, especially against my boys! :tu:  4-1 New Jersey.  For my birthday, my mom got tickets to the Devils-Islanders game Thursday, should be a blast.  Devils are playing the Isles three times this week for some odd scheduling reason.... :think:

« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2012, 04:41:59 AM »
Hehehe...I LOVE watching the Rangers lose, especially against my boys! :tu:  4-1 New Jersey.  For my birthday, my mom got tickets to the Devils-Islanders game Thursday, should be a blast.  Devils are playing the Isles three times this week for some odd scheduling reason.... :think:
:ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

So happy when they won.

Have fun at the Isles game, i'll be watching.

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $559.65
PayPal Fees: $32.97
Net Balance: $526.68
Above Goal: $251.68
Site Currency: USD
192% 
June Donations

Community Links