Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Toy (Pics inside)

us Offline Flying Dutchman

New Toy (Pics inside)
on: November 13, 2011, 03:58:08 AM
I bought one of these a few years ago, hoping it wasn't one of those gas station/mini mart gimmicks. I can honestly say, its a pretty impressive little light/lighter. Dual LED for an estimated 2 lumen output, compared to Maratac AAA low mode, 1.5 lumens, as there is no claimed output on package. The butane torch lighter works well time after time also. My older one has taken numerous refills with no issue, but the light is starting to dim. With a price tag of $4.99, I figured it was worth picking up a brand new unit rather than trying to dissect and search for the right battery. Found them again at Sears, take a look below.

The LED switch is a momentary button only, no fixed output. Good enough to find the key hole, or other light duty task close up. The lighter as said above is a butane torch, with refill and flame adjustment capability. Body is made of aluminum I assume, again no label on the package regarding materials used. Feels good in the hand though. Only downside (not for me personally, but maybe for others) is the inability of adding a key ring or lanyard. No holes in the body to accommodate such use.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%