Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fake CRKT knife

00 Offline Ombudsman

• Rite of )+( Passage
Fake CRKT knife
on: November 13, 2011, 09:54:27 PM
I was ebay surfing and found this Fake CRKT knife.. Interesting that it actually looks more like a Buck X-Tract ::)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CRKT-9075-Multi-Function-Pliers-Multi-Tools-Rescue-Tools-Rescue-Knife-/350502462134?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item519b9322b6#ht_1810wt_1187

More pics:

« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 09:56:01 PM by Ombudsman »

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Fake CRKT knife
Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 10:22:06 PM
I was ebay surfing and found this Fake CRKT knife.. Interesting that it actually looks more like a Buck X-Tract ::)

(Image removed from quote.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CRKT-9075-Multi-Function-Pliers-Multi-Tools-Rescue-Tools-Rescue-Knife-/350502462134?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item519b9322b6#ht_1810wt_1187

More pics:

CRKT gets hit a lot- so much so that they have a permanent page on their website about frauds:

http://www.crkt.com/knifecounterfeits

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline badwolf

• No Life Club
  • my best friends a dog
Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 12:41:32 AM
I found a similar Cold Steel knife quite a while ago on ebay, emailed CS and they were quite concerned, within a few hours the auction was removed :tu: I really hate this knock off stuff, I mean its so  :ahhh really PMO :rant: Its bad enough makers oozing out lots of junk lookalikes but when someone buys you a clone thinking its the real deal, particularly this time off year, gives it as a gift and you know or find out :oops: man that must super suck :(
"I like me, my wife likes me"

JC PT&A

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 05:25:30 AM
I own a couple of those but neither was sold as a knock off
They are as nice as the cheaper crkt knives I have owned. I have not purchased any of their nice stuff

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 04:10:56 AM
I was discussing fake knives with a person at Buck Knives. He said they are starting to see fake Buck Knives coming in to the Buck Knives for warranty work. Of course all they can do is send it back to the customer and let them know it is a fake. On the auction site when I do my Buck knives search 1 out of every 10 knives is a fake. I think it gets over whelming for these US knife factories to keep up with the fakes on auction sites. I try to do research on knives or multitools before I buy to make sure it is not a fake. That is why forums like this are so helpful. OK all you guys can pat your selves on your back!  ;)

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
  • When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.
Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 10:52:55 PM
OK all you guys can pat your selves on your back!  ;)
Now my shoulder hurts...
Thanks a lot!  >:(

:P
Chuck Norris' preferred iron supplement is rebar.

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 06:50:06 PM
Well, what do you think about this one? I could not find an identical knife on the whole web, let alone CRKT's web site. The price is quite low, so it could be a knock-off?..

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 11:40:06 PM
I can't say as the above knife, but I do like the advice on the CRKT page, which is similar to what I was going to say about one of the easiest ways to know what you are buying is to physically be there when you buy it.

The point they make about "street price" I think is fair - as has been explained at length at other times on this site, the process for developing a "MSRP" can be a bit silly and can make it hard to "track" the "real price" of something. If MSRPs were set realistically (and not so department stores can offer "60% Off!") people doing their research and looking to purchase will be less tempted by the "risk" of great deals on certain sites. (this is also why I only buy knives, or various other products, at two or three points in the year when local retailers are stocked for volume sales and their prices drop accordingly)

Buy from a reputable dealer. If you buy a CRKT® product from a reputable retailer, whether cutlery, sporting goods, hardware or department store, or a known internet retailer, you can be sure that you are receiving a genuine product and that the retailer and CRKT® will stand behind the product. Your purchase of the new CRKT® products will be covered by our appropriate warranties, including our excellent Limited Lifetime Warranty on new knives.
    Consider the price. If a price for a new “CRKT® product” seems to be too good to be true, it probably is. Unlike some manufacturers, we set our Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) recommendations at very competitive levels. So we don’t anticipate that a quality CRKT® product will require a much lower “street price” to be a great value. If you see a new “CRKT® product” on the web reduced from $79.99 to $19.99, an alarm should go off. This is very likely a knockoff, and not a genuine CRKT® product.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%