Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My Wife Got Me...

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
My Wife Got Me...
on: November 26, 2011, 08:01:31 PM
We have some friends who own an Ace Hardware store, which also has a "gift shop" (everything feminine) and the other day my wife came home from there with a Vera Bradley purse that she had just paid $60.00 for :ahhh

Being the good husband that I am, :angel: I starting having a heart attack over it, and questioning why she would need such an expensive purse. :rant:

You know what she did? She walked right into my study, and started picking up my Maxpedition's and other tactical nylon bags, saying: "How much did you spend on this one? And this one? And why do you need this one that looks just like the other one" and on, and on.

"Yea, but..." :-[ :-[ :-[
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 08:15:43 PM by turnsouth »
Never underestimate the power of the fleece

us Offline rioredgt

Re: My Wife Got Me...
Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 08:10:55 PM
$60.00? You got off easy. Ny wife has a $400 purse just sitting in her closet.  :think:

Robert

gb Offline Farmman

My Wife Got Me...
Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 08:59:47 PM
I have to agree with the above. £100 seems to be the cheapest bag swmbo owns. Still I do get to use turnsouths argument in reverse when ever a new multitool turns up.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 11:35:06 PM
my wife an I have an understanding, I don't bug her about how much she spends on handbags and jewellery and she doesn't bug me about my gear. :D  We simple trust that neither of us spend money we don't have.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 01:07:45 AM
LOL.. men and women will never understand each others purchasing decisions.  My wife spends hundreds on fabric and sewing related stuff.   She does follow my gear interests though, she just asked me tonight if I found a local place to do my black oxide coating... :D
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 01:18:57 AM
My wife's thing is books- she will spend hours (and mucho dollars) in Chapters whenever she gets the chance.  It was one of the defining factors in why she finally relented and allowed herself to get a smartphone last month.  As I speak now she's in the other room downloading book torrents like crazy.  She'll have the spare 100gb or so on that hard drive destroyed in no time!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD
44%