Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do you Drive?

mvyrmnd · 1479 · 88017

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: What do you Drive?
Reply #1200 on: June 26, 2017, 12:37:07 PM
Here's mine. 5 speed and 275,000, but still goin! Love Saturns! :cheers:

Love to see a car that's been kept going for so many miles. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #1201 on: June 26, 2017, 02:28:37 PM

Absolutely!  That's certainly something to be proud of!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #1202 on: June 26, 2017, 02:41:25 PM
Plymouth -> Saturn -> Ford -> VW -> Jeep

What's should I get next?

I like my Jeep Patriot b/c it gets pretty good gas mileage, has decent storage space, low ticket price and  6 yrs/70000 have had no issues.

Loses points on interior quality, and the side view mirrors are crap.

I want a Preep or a Jeius

I'd suggest that you don't downgrade.  If you go to a smaller car, for whatever reason, you'll miss the extra space.  My parents had three Toyota Sienna minivans in a row, then went to a Ford Edge, which is a much nicer vehicle in every which way you measure it, except for the space. 

I'm on the fence about Jeep though- on the one hand, I have seen the Fiat offerings first hand and I am not impressed.  I used to work at the dock yard where the European cars were brought into Canada and I have seen every Fiat to come into the country up until a year ago when I stopped doing that.  The quality wasn't there, and the looks of most of them were not designed for my type of taste, which, as a two time Jeep owner isn't a good move for them.  The Renegade is just an even uglier version of the Fiat 500X for example.

So the quality and looks are not there for Jeep, and with the next generation Wrangler due next year I am looking at other brands.

That having been said, they are talking about bringing the diesel engine back to NA with the new generation, and there has been talk of a hybrid Wrangler with the next generation too.  I am surprised there hasn't been more talk about a hybrid Wrangler before now, as it really fits with what Jeep is all about.  The low end torque of an electric motor and increased fuel efficiency would really help when playing in the woods.

Even so, I doubt I would buy into the first of the next generation- maybe after they sort out the teething problems I'll look again, but it isn't a brand I think I would go back to any time soon.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #1203 on: June 26, 2017, 05:20:27 PM
Plymouth -> Saturn -> Ford -> VW -> Jeep

What's should I get next?

I like my Jeep Patriot b/c it gets pretty good gas mileage, has decent storage space, low ticket price and  6 yrs/70000 have had no issues.

Loses points on interior quality, and the side view mirrors are crap.

I want a Preep or a Jeius

I'd suggest that you don't downgrade.  If you go to a smaller car, for whatever reason, you'll miss the extra space.  My parents had three Toyota Sienna minivans in a row, then went to a Ford Edge, which is a much nicer vehicle in every which way you measure it, except for the space. 

I'm on the fence about Jeep though- on the one hand, I have seen the Fiat offerings first hand and I am not impressed.  I used to work at the dock yard where the European cars were brought into Canada and I have seen every Fiat to come into the country up until a year ago when I stopped doing that.  The quality wasn't there, and the looks of most of them were not designed for my type of taste, which, as a two time Jeep owner isn't a good move for them.  The Renegade is just an even uglier version of the Fiat 500X for example.

So the quality and looks are not there for Jeep, and with the next generation Wrangler due next year I am looking at other brands.

That having been said, they are talking about bringing the diesel engine back to NA with the new generation, and there has been talk of a hybrid Wrangler with the next generation too.  I am surprised there hasn't been more talk about a hybrid Wrangler before now, as it really fits with what Jeep is all about.  The low end torque of an electric motor and increased fuel efficiency would really help when playing in the woods.

Even so, I doubt I would buy into the first of the next generation- maybe after they sort out the teething problems I'll look again, but it isn't a brand I think I would go back to any time soon.

Def
\

Thanks for the advice.  :cheers:
Maybe the Pat can make it til there is a more eco-friendly Wrangler with the kinks worked out.  That would be pretty sweet.
.. But... If we're talkin' Wrangler, I've always wanted one w/ manual transmission so maybe I'll just try it with a normal as to have no regerts  :P.  Unfortunate that hybrids don't come with a stick (as far as I know  :think:).  I searched for months for a Patriot w/MT but could only find it in the decked-out version.
 :salute:

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 05:21:34 PM by El Corkscrew »
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #1204 on: June 26, 2017, 06:22:20 PM
I was all about the manual transmission in a Wrangler and no fancy options.... until I got my new one.  I got all of the options and an automatic transmission in this one because it was my mobile office and I felt the comfort was warranted, as some weeks I spent more time sitting in my Jeep than I did at home.  It's all well and good to stick with tradition, but there's also a reason why we have advanced some.  For example, I drove my TJ from Halifax to Portland, Maine in 2008- it was a ten hour drive each way and I'll tell you, I was pretty beat up after it.

I put over twenty hours in my Jeep last week alone, driving from Ottawa to Bathurst, New Brunswick (slightly longer) and I'll tell you, it is a lot more manageable in the new one with the long wheel base, the automatic transmission, the air conditioning etc.

Def

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #1205 on: June 26, 2017, 06:34:42 PM
I was all about the manual transmission in a Wrangler and no fancy options.... until I got my new one.  I got all of the options and an automatic transmission in this one because it was my mobile office and I felt the comfort was warranted, as some weeks I spent more time sitting in my Jeep than I did at home.  It's all well and good to stick with tradition, but there's also a reason why we have advanced some.  For example, I drove my TJ from Halifax to Portland, Maine in 2008- it was a ten hour drive each way and I'll tell you, I was pretty beat up after it.

I put over twenty hours in my Jeep last week alone, driving from Ottawa to Bathurst, New Brunswick (slightly longer) and I'll tell you, it is a lot more manageable in the new one with the long wheel base, the automatic transmission, the air conditioning etc.

Def

I believe it I definitely appreciate my automatic in Phoenix rush hour

Sounds like you drive a good deal more than I do, so I understand your point.  Still, better gas mileage, lifetime, and just plain fun have me still wanting one. I'm no spring chicken but still haven't entered the aches and pains portion of life so I still want to get a manual Jeep, Scout, or Landcruiser....  I better shut up now before I end up car shopping today.  :facepalm:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #1206 on: June 26, 2017, 08:55:22 PM
So, in 20 years time a company will produce the "LAND ROVER" , a new vehicle looking like the original Land Rover series 1..... mark my words   :)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #1207 on: June 26, 2017, 11:27:28 PM

Def

I believe it I definitely appreciate my automatic in Phoenix rush hour

Sounds like you drive a good deal more than I do, so I understand your point.  Still, better gas mileage, lifetime, and just plain fun have me still wanting one. I'm no spring chicken but still haven't entered the aches and pains portion of life so I still want to get a manual Jeep, Scout, or Landcruiser....  I better shut up now before I end up car shopping today.  :facepalm:

Well, I am 42 and riddled with post traumatic arthritis from numerous past injuries and I'll tell you this much- my TJ is a thousand times more fun to drive than my JKU.  But, my JKU is a thousand times more comfortable than my TJ.  With the TJ you were a part of the process of driving, while the JKU you just put it in Drive and hang on for the ride.

As for the amount of driving, it's a 2013 and I have 120,000+ kms (75,000 miles) on it.  And for three months after I broke my ankle it barely moved because I wasn't allowed to drive.

Def

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #1208 on: June 27, 2017, 03:28:11 AM

Absolutely!  That's certainly something to be proud of!

Thanks guys! She's had a long, hard life, but she keeps on keeping on! I love her. :cheers:

Def
Send In the spartans

england Offline Kev D

Reply #1209 on: June 27, 2017, 12:25:07 PM
Today I am driving IT up the wall  :rofl:

I keep ringing them to get them to update links for macro's for month end spreadsheets

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #1210 on: June 27, 2017, 12:40:41 PM
Did you get the memo?  They are busy putting cover sheets on all the TPS reports from now on.

I'll make sure you get another copy of the memo, but in the meantime, if you could go ahead and put cover sheets on all of the TPS reports going forward, that'd be great.

Def

england Offline Kev D

Reply #1211 on: June 27, 2017, 12:58:43 PM
I feel I may regret this, but what is a TPS report?

I would leave IT alone if they hadn't locked everything down so tight you need admin password to update a simple macro  :facepalm:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #1212 on: June 27, 2017, 03:16:42 PM
Watch the movie Office Space.  You'll laugh your ass off.  :D

Def

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #1213 on: June 27, 2017, 05:30:35 PM
I feel I may regret this, but what is a TPS report?

I would leave IT alone if they hadn't locked everything down so tight you need admin password to update a simple macro  :facepalm:

Yes, watch it.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1214 on: June 27, 2017, 06:14:54 PM
I was so tempted to go have a look at a 94 Ford Explorer XLT Eddie Bauer with 70K original miles on it.  SIGH>  I cannot justify another low MPG vehicle.  My Tundras MPG sucks enough.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #1215 on: June 27, 2017, 06:45:21 PM
I was so tempted to go have a look at a 94 Ford Explorer XLT Eddie Bauer with 70K original miles on it.  SIGH>  I cannot justify another low MPG vehicle.  My Tundras MPG sucks enough.

That's what I used to have but a 97  :D

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1216 on: June 28, 2017, 03:52:10 PM

How long you keep it?  Any good?  I'm not tempted anymore just curious. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #1217 on: June 28, 2017, 05:02:20 PM

How long you keep it?  Any good?  I'm not tempted anymore just curious.

Actually, it did pretty good.  I took care of it, put around 200k on it, traded it in.    Comfortable ride for sure.  :tu:

us Offline tjfarrington2000

What do you Drive?
Reply #1218 on: November 01, 2017, 10:55:25 PM

That’s one toy

Grandpa has me beat pretty badly

My baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 10:57:20 PM by tjfarrington2000 »

us Offline Zhenchok

What do you Drive?
Reply #1219 on: November 02, 2017, 01:22:44 AM
A ‘17 GMC Terrain traded in my ‘03 Honda CR-V to get the terrain.  I do like the new car but I miss my Honda, got it when I was still in college

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 01:30:59 AM by Zhenchok »
“All human beings have three lives: public, private, and secret.” ― Gabriel García Márquez

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1220 on: November 02, 2017, 09:23:30 AM
A ‘17 GMC Terrain traded in my ‘03 Honda CR-V to get the terrain.  I do like the new car but I miss my Honda, got it when I was still in college

It's always sad to see an old friend go, even if it is time.  :-\

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #1221 on: November 02, 2017, 10:29:30 AM
(Image removed from quote.)
That’s one toy
Grandpa has me beat pretty badly
My baby

Love the top one!
Nate

SEND IT!

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #1222 on: November 02, 2017, 11:09:46 AM
My wife got the new Suzuki Ignis III recently. Much-much better than the II in every respect.
IMG_0205 MTO.jpg
* IMG_0205 MTO.jpg (Filesize: 166.48 KB)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 11:14:31 AM by kkokkolis »

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1223 on: November 02, 2017, 08:23:44 PM
My wife got the new Suzuki Ignis III recently. Much-much better than the II in every respect.

Hey!  I liked my old Ignis. :twak:

Show content
Seriously though; I'm sure this one is better.  :D

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #1224 on: November 06, 2017, 03:51:36 PM
Pic of my old Ford F250 Powerstroke.
20170827_125633_1024x1024.jpg
* 20170827_125633_1024x1024.jpg (Filesize: 188.15 KB)
Nate

SEND IT!

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #1225 on: November 06, 2017, 05:29:01 PM
Recently added a VW Golf R wagon to the fleet - I'm quite liking it so far :)
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #1226 on: November 06, 2017, 07:04:24 PM
:drool:

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #1227 on: November 07, 2017, 03:33:20 AM

Hubba hubba! Certainly wouldn't mind having one of those.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #1228 on: December 19, 2017, 06:09:18 PM
A couple of months ago I drove a Ferrari simulator @ Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi.

It was a hell of an experience.
Ferrari.jpg
* Ferrari.jpg (Filesize: 104.78 KB)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1229 on: December 19, 2017, 06:53:20 PM
cool. 8)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%