Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Got Paracord?

Splat · 2375 · 316939

us Offline TonySal

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • join The American Legion Family - since 1919
Re: Got Paracord?
Reply #2100 on: December 22, 2018, 12:54:50 AM
After stretching and sitting overnight, I took the weight off, still a little damp but that’s because of it being trapped under the weight, so now it’s gotta sit free, I guess I should cut the zip ties so it can be fully free, but at least now it’s flat..
JR
Gettin there   :tu:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #2101 on: December 22, 2018, 03:15:13 AM
After stretching and sitting overnight, I took the weight off, still a little damp but that’s because of it being trapped under the weight, so now it’s gotta sit free, I guess I should cut the zip ties so it can be fully free, but at least now it’s flat..
JR
Gettin there   :tu:
Thanks!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #2102 on: April 20, 2019, 06:38:41 PM
Got a few lengths of different cord today and some toggles. Can now find my camo Huntsman, and some green lanyards for my green SAKs. First effort at a ball knot. Not as easy as it looks on YouTube.  :facepalm:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #2103 on: April 20, 2019, 06:41:15 PM
Good job Max  :like: :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #2104 on: April 20, 2019, 07:10:24 PM
 :hatsoff:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #2105 on: April 21, 2019, 10:32:34 AM
Got a few lengths of different cord today and some toggles. Can now find my camo Huntsman, and some green lanyards for my green SAKs. First effort at a ball knot. Not as easy as it looks on YouTube.  :facepalm:

They never are as easy, but extremely satisfying when you get it right  :D
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #2106 on: April 21, 2019, 11:23:22 AM
Once you get the hang of them (and other knots) they are a great way to pass the time with your hands - Keep a bit of cord in your pocket and you can tie during boring meetings (probably better for you than smoking or drinking coffee)

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #2107 on: April 21, 2019, 01:21:29 PM
Thanks SM. Wife used to do a lot of beading and has given be a book on Chinese knotting, so I can try some of the techniques.  :hatsoff:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2108 on: May 14, 2019, 04:21:57 PM
What to use when you adopt a dog and don’t have a leash? The lovely world of paracord, lol :D
Just no use for duct tape or wd40 on this one..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #2109 on: May 14, 2019, 04:25:11 PM
Nice one JR  :like: :tu:

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #2110 on: May 14, 2019, 04:31:18 PM
Good usage MadPlumbarian  :like: and that your new best friend has a home.  :salute:

Could make several loops of duct tape about 6in diameter and attach to the cord to make a more comfortable handle for your wrist? Or body harness for the dog if you were looking to be creative. Two loops one under each front leg and clipped over the shoulders to the leash?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2111 on: May 14, 2019, 05:11:47 PM
Yeah ha, I like that idea! But what about the wd40? Spray it all over the dog and hope it lubes him? Better yet my knees, lol,
No, no no, I got it, the wheels on the kids skateboard and have the dog pull me since he’s in a comfy and it will be like a dog sled!!
JR

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #2112 on: May 26, 2019, 03:51:59 PM
Picked up this neat little compass yesterday, so wove it into a bracelet with some 3/32 4-strand paracord. Used about 12ft of cord all continuous. First time I’ve worked with this thinner paracord and quite enjoyed it as it’s a little stiff so holds shape we’ll when weaving. Worked out OK.  :tu:

Got the paracord pattern here. https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/diyprojects.com/make-paracord-bracelet-blaze/amp/

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #2113 on: May 26, 2019, 03:53:40 PM
Nice work Max  :like: :tu:

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #2114 on: May 26, 2019, 04:17:20 PM
Thanks WS.   :hatsoff:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2115 on: May 26, 2019, 08:55:00 PM
That looks great.  Nice use of paracord and that compass  :tu:

I really enjoy paracord.  I have now gone back to carrying a hank ( 4ft I think ) with me.  I just enjoy the tying and untying of knots.  I am still not good but its very enjoyable.
Esse Quam Videri

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #2116 on: May 26, 2019, 10:52:06 PM
Thanks Aloha.  :hatsoff:  have done a little research and the weave I used is called a blaze bar. Seems quite adaptable to different applications and can be woven into thicker bars using more cores. I think I’m going to try developing some muscle memory for this pattern with some practice as I enjoyed doing it.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2117 on: May 26, 2019, 10:56:47 PM
Awarded.   :tu:

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #2118 on: May 26, 2019, 10:58:49 PM
Thank you zoidberg!  :woohoo:

Just the motivation I need to do some more!  :hatsoff:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #2119 on: May 26, 2019, 11:05:03 PM
Congratulations on your badge Max  :cheers: :like:

us Offline Sos24

Got Paracord?
Reply #2120 on: May 27, 2019, 03:33:57 AM
Dog Harness and matching leash

Here is a bracelet for the baseball fans

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #2121 on: May 27, 2019, 03:37:37 AM
Congrats Max! Nice harness SOS! Made a Y-leash not too long ago. Like to work with paracord  :tu:

us Offline Sos24

Reply #2122 on: May 27, 2019, 05:32:27 AM
Congrats Max! Nice harness SOS! Made a Y-leash not too long ago. Like to work with paracord  :tu:

Only have one dog so I don’t need a Y-leash, but wanted a multi-function leash (9ft hand-held, 5ft hands free, 3ft hands free).

It is fun to try and make something exactly how you want it.

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #2123 on: May 27, 2019, 06:27:03 AM
Thanks WS and SOS and nice work too!  :like:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #2124 on: May 27, 2019, 01:12:36 PM
Nice work Sos  :like: :tu:

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #2125 on: May 27, 2019, 05:49:34 PM
Only have one dog so I don’t need a Y-leash, but wanted a multi-function leash (9ft hand-held, 5ft hands free, 3ft hands free).

It is fun to try and make something exactly how you want it.

:iagree: :like:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2126 on: May 30, 2019, 11:27:40 PM
I thought I posted this little trick on here before,
Anyway, we just got back from a interesting little walk and well, my shoes got soaked!
So take a 2-3’ piece of paracord, loop them through that loop on the back of the shoe, see there’s other uses for that beside helping you put them on! Then tie a quick knot, so that the shoes hang just about right, the knot prevents the cord from pulling through the door and the shoes just hang there, so they don’t tumble and drive you nuts! lol..
JR

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #2127 on: May 31, 2019, 12:05:12 AM
I hope that someone has posted the dangers of Paracord.

It's extremely addictive and leads to more addictions, like pracord beads.

* knight bead.jpg (Filesize: 35.92 KB)
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

us Offline TonySal

• join The American Legion Family - since 1919
Reply #2128 on: May 31, 2019, 06:50:49 PM
LOL
yup,  nice one, na take off for this one, uh, use this cool bead, na no bead...  wait, better color :ahhh
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2129 on: June 05, 2019, 09:22:29 PM
The Mrs has been carrying a ziplock bag full of little treats for the dog for when we go on a walk for when he goes, only thing is that bag has seen the end! So I looked around for something a little bit more heavy duty and found a newer Snapple  bottle, now made of plastic rather then the old school glass ones, made a few loops and tied a few knots, then to overkill it ran three mini zip ties so that bad boy ain’t coming off! Put a cheap carabiner on so it can clip to a belt loop and there you go, about 18” of paracord turned into a dog treat carrier!

We went on a little walk down to the school to meet the kid when he got out, must say it did it’s job, didn’t come undone, bounced around a little but it’s still attached!
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%