Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's your latest Leatherman?

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Re: What's your latest Leatherman?
Reply #5580 on: June 16, 2019, 05:15:13 AM
Thank you, Chief!
Mind you, now its a bit more special knowing that the production year matches your freshman years!!!
  :hatsoff::cheers:

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #5581 on: June 16, 2019, 05:41:16 AM
 :cheers:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #5582 on: June 16, 2019, 12:34:11 PM
Nice selection of tools Juan :like: :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #5583 on: June 16, 2019, 12:57:43 PM
Got the Leatherman P4, most of the YouTube reviews are not good but I like the P4.
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5584 on: June 16, 2019, 01:05:37 PM
Congrats, duckman75!  :tu:

I'm a fan of the P4 as well. Lots of fun to fiddle with and use.  :cheers:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
Reply #5585 on: June 16, 2019, 01:18:03 PM
Congrats, duckman75!  :tu:

I'm a fan of the P4 as well. Lots of fun to fiddle with and use.  :cheers:
Thanks :) Been using it as my fidget tool, opening and closing the pliers :) hope it won’t break.
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #5586 on: June 16, 2019, 01:45:43 PM
Nice one duckman :like: :tu:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5587 on: June 16, 2019, 02:01:12 PM
Thanks :) Been using it as my fidget tool, opening and closing the pliers :) hope it won’t break.

I've beaten up on my P4 a bit and it feels like it did when I got it. I don't think there have been any trends of tooks breaking either? :think:

It is a well made multitool. Top-tier fit & finish as well. I like the ingenuity of the complete ground-up design too. :)

Not going to dethrone the Wave/Charge, but I still enjoy the P4's fun factor. :)

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
Reply #5588 on: June 16, 2019, 04:44:48 PM

I've beaten up on my P4 a bit and it feels like it did when I got it. I don't think there have been any trends of tooks breaking either? :think:

It is a well made multitool. Top-tier fit & finish as well. I like the ingenuity of the complete ground-up design too. :)

Not going to dethrone the Wave/Charge, but I still enjoy the P4's fun factor. :)
I can't seem to loosen up my pliers, when I use it to clamp down on something it seems to get tighter, do your have the same problem?

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5589 on: June 16, 2019, 11:00:21 PM
I can't seem to loosen up my pliers, when I use it to clamp down on something it seems to get tighter, do your have the same problem?
The second P4, I bought to use, does the same. Then using the crimper in the back of the pliers head, it loosens again.
It has gotten better with use though and hopefully will continue to get better. I am not a fan of stiff pliers, but LM seems to think selling tools with stiff pliers is O.K and we either have to send the tool back or break it in. Not a good statement for an expensive tool for sure.

I hypothesize that the pivot pin is slightly misshapen, and moves ever so slightly when switching from pliers to crimpers. Hypothetically, the pin should grind down over time/use to an ideal shape.
I weighed the prospects of paying $10 to ship it to LM, waiting several weeks for a replacement, and risk getting another one with tight pliers; against possibly working the issue out during a break in period. I did email LM about it, as it is the second LM I bought with overly stiff pliers. The other one was my Surge I carry sometimes. It has loosened up enough to be quite usable, but I am hoping it loosens up another 10% at some point. :ahhh

LM replied to send it to them for repair, so that option is still on the table if the pliers stop getting better.

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
Reply #5590 on: June 17, 2019, 02:47:30 AM
The second P4, I bought to use, does the same. Then using the crimper in the back of the pliers head, it loosens again.
It has gotten better with use though and hopefully will continue to get better. I am not a fan of stiff pliers, but LM seems to think selling tools with stiff pliers is O.K and we either have to send the tool back or break it in. Not a good statement for an expensive tool for sure.

I hypothesize that the pivot pin is slightly misshapen, and moves ever so slightly when switching from pliers to crimpers. Hypothetically, the pin should grind down over time/use to an ideal shape.
I weighed the prospects of paying $10 to ship it to LM, waiting several weeks for a replacement, and risk getting another one with tight pliers; against possibly working the issue out during a break in period. I did email LM about it, as it is the second LM I bought with overly stiff pliers. The other one was my Surge I carry sometimes. It has loosened up enough to be quite usable, but I am hoping it loosens up another 10% at some point. :ahhh

LM replied to send it to them for repair, so that option is still on the table if the pliers stop getting better.
Thanks for the tip, will just try to wear the pivot down with use. Will just time of it as a fine wine, one that gets better in time :)

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5591 on: June 17, 2019, 02:55:11 AM
Here is to hoping the pivot gets right sooner than later. :cheers:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5592 on: June 21, 2019, 05:04:13 PM
Got the following in the mail this morning  :mail:
A brand new Limited Edition LM Piranha 2 (Wrangler collaboration from 2015). I've payed 20€ which is the usual price for the regular one over here.

This thing is a solid piece and seems to fit  perfectly into the additional compartments of usual LM sheaths.
Bits are held in place very well.
I love the smell of copper in the morning  :D

Here's some info about it on MTO...
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,59137.msg1080741.html#msg108074
resize-471.jpg
* resize-471.jpg (Filesize: 157.73 KB)
resize-470.jpg
* resize-470.jpg (Filesize: 150.27 KB)
resize-469.jpg
* resize-469.jpg (Filesize: 278.29 KB)

za Offline Max Stone

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5593 on: June 21, 2019, 06:11:32 PM
Nice addition to you collection Matt. I see a badge coming soon...  :cheers:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5594 on: June 21, 2019, 06:19:48 PM
Cheers Max  :cheers:

... mind you though, it took me 1.5 years to collect those pieces, and the Kershaw was a genouros gift from Fuzzy  :D

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #5595 on: June 21, 2019, 06:27:08 PM
Cheers Max  :cheers:

... mind you though, it took me 1.5 years to collect those pieces, and the Kershaw was a genouros gift from Fuzzy  :D

I bought one of these single piece tools a while back, not knowing it was for adjusting a weapon. Sits in my draw (no M16 in my house). If I was in the US I’d be happy to fwd to you.  :cheers:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5596 on: June 21, 2019, 06:32:08 PM
Thank you very much for the offer Max  :hatsoff:

I'm in Ireland though... they took all our M16 a while ago  :facepalm:

PS: I'd prefer a Heckler & Koch G3 over the M16 I guess.

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #5597 on: June 21, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
Oops my bad,sorry Matt.  :salute:

H&K sure make some good product.

Here’s the tool...”Rail”, dug our the draw. Never used it 😐 but has a couple long LM bits on the holder that I’ve used once or twice. Guess it looked cool when I bought it, can’t remember when...long time now.

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5598 on: June 21, 2019, 10:04:20 PM
That looks like a solid and thoughtfully designed tool... for its intended use  :tu:

Should be very popular with soldiers I guess.

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #5599 on: June 21, 2019, 10:14:32 PM
Good question. I guess they get issued maintenance tools? Maybe as a backup field tool.

us Offline cody6268

Reply #5600 on: June 22, 2019, 12:03:49 AM
Oops my bad,sorry Matt.  :salute:

H&K sure make some good product.

Here’s the tool...”Rail”, dug our the draw. Never used it 😐 but has a couple long LM bits on the holder that I’ve used once or twice. Guess it looked cool when I bought it, can’t remember when...long time now.

Been thinking about getting a Pump, but my current shotgun doesn't need chokes, and is not a take-down gun (meaning it can't be disassembled for storage/transport) But, the JC Higgins I'm looking at does have the ability to use choke tubes and to break both down for maintenance/cleaning I might need a pin punch.  All are of quite some age (the JC Higgins at least 60, the Ithaca 50); and use flat-headed screws pretty much entirely throughout; except the Ithaca's plastic recoil pad is held on with Phillips screws). And the gut-hook will work great if I do decide to go hunting this year (Granddad hasn't hunted in nearly 20 years, but some of my friends are avid hunters to this date).

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #5601 on: June 22, 2019, 07:45:22 AM
Would be great to go hunting. Both my granddads passed when I was very young but I enjoyed fishing with my dad. Time with family is always the best.  :iagree:

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #5602 on: June 25, 2019, 06:18:55 PM
Decided to check eBay for multitool related stuff and found another Leatherman display case....hopefully it should arrive sometime next week.
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 68.92 KB)
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 108.27 KB)
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #5603 on: June 25, 2019, 06:29:20 PM
Cool LM display  :like: :tu:

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #5604 on: June 25, 2019, 06:35:04 PM
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5605 on: June 25, 2019, 06:36:06 PM
Decided to check eBay for multitool related stuff and found another Leatherman display case....hopefully it should arrive sometime next week.
That is a sharp looking display! Nice find! :like:

be Offline Ivo

• No Life Club
Reply #5606 on: June 25, 2019, 07:59:07 PM
Arrived last week: - LEAP - RAPTOR - OHT Coyote  :hatsoff:

190625-leap-OHTcoyote-raptor.jpg
* 190625-leap-OHTcoyote-raptor.jpg (Filesize: 344.06 KB)
The Vikings say "when your battle axe is to short do one step forward"

cs Offline marko14

• No Life Club
Reply #5607 on: June 25, 2019, 08:11:53 PM

Woooow,congrats

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #5608 on: June 25, 2019, 08:12:28 PM

Nice tosh. What’s the strange tool inside?  :dunno:

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #5609 on: June 25, 2019, 08:14:09 PM

I leapt over the coyote to catch the raptor. Nice lot also Ivo.  :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%