Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's your latest flashlight?

edap617 · 3061 · 245322

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Re: What's your latest flashlight?
Reply #2130 on: February 06, 2018, 10:39:47 PM
The Utorch UT01 I ordered two months ago from Gear Best arrived DOA. I contacted GB and they refunded me $9.99 (even though I paid $12.87 for it, with shipping) for it without requiring me to return the defective unit. A guy offered me $9.50 for this and I accepted it. I went back to GB and ordered a Ganzo Firebird F761 as I think I'm done ordering FLs direct from China.

:-\
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 10:41:06 PM by an0nemus »

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #2131 on: February 07, 2018, 11:08:05 PM
After selling several oldies (1990's) D & C cell Mag-Lite I found in the attic, I treated myself  to the new and cool 2018 Fenix PD35TAC - Camo Edition.. :woohoo:
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #2132 on: February 09, 2018, 11:38:10 AM
 :drool:

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
What's your latest flashlight?
Reply #2133 on: February 11, 2018, 11:59:17 PM
I recently grabbed an Emisar D4-219C before they sold out again and Holy Crap what an amazing light!
So of course I lost it within a week and somehow immediately snagged a replacement which of course means that I now have 2!
Yeah nothing helps to find the lost one like replacement orders?

Anyway this thing really is so crazy bright it makes some other bright lights look burned out. The interface is amazing as well and I can get to any level pretty quickly and then it remembers it by ramping up or down and just stopping where I want to.

I have been stuck at night in here without enough light before until this one came along!
Highly recommended!

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 12:01:56 AM by ezdog »

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #2134 on: February 12, 2018, 12:23:50 AM
Recently added a copper lumintop AAA to my small collection. Love these lights. Case Peanut for size.

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #2135 on: February 12, 2018, 12:56:10 AM
:drool:
I recently grabbed an Emisar D4-219C before they sold out again and Holy Crap what an amazing light!
So of course I lost it within a week and somehow immediately snagged a replacement which of course means that I now have 2!

Anyway this thing really is so crazy bright it makes some other bright lights look burned out. The interface is amazing as well and I can get to any level pretty quickly and then it remembers it by ramping up or down and just stopping where I want to.

I have been stuck at night in here without enough light before until this one came along!
Highly recommended!

Amazing light ezdog! :tu: Insanely overdriven, 4 Nichia 219C = 3000+ lumens on a single 18650 :o...Now, that's what I call bright!  :like:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 01:02:47 AM by JustinCase »
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #2136 on: February 12, 2018, 02:00:23 AM
I keep wanting to get one but all those options confuse me and I give up

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #2137 on: February 12, 2018, 02:06:39 AM
After selling several oldies (1990's) D & C cell Mag-Lite I found in the attic, I treated myself  to the new and cool 2018 Fenix PD35TAC - Camo Edition.. :woohoo:
(Image removed from quote.)

Love the look of that. What does it run on?
I'm the milk man!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2138 on: February 12, 2018, 04:50:27 AM

+1   That looks mint.   :drool:   For capt, 1 x 18650 or 2 x 123.

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #2139 on: February 12, 2018, 05:07:38 AM

Thanks Capt! :hatsoff:...Like zoidberg said, it runs on a one18650 or two non-rechargeable CR123A batteries.

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #2140 on: February 12, 2018, 05:09:41 AM

+1   That looks mint.   :drool:   For capt, 1 x 18650 or 2 x 123.

Thanks zoidberg!  :cheers:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #2141 on: February 12, 2018, 05:59:49 AM
Justin did u get the emisar from MTN? I'm not sure what is what on that site there are so many options.

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #2142 on: February 12, 2018, 07:52:03 AM
Justin did u get the emisar from MTN? I'm not sure what is what on that site there are so many options.

This little light is hard to find, I got mine in a trade in one of the knives forum, the guy was looking for a Kershaw folder and I happened to have the one he wanted :tu: ....By the way, all the options on MTN are for the different body colors, different LED tints and different lumens output, but most of them are out of stock. Mine has a green color body with the cool white LED tint.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #2143 on: February 12, 2018, 10:47:13 AM

Highly recommended!

That looks very similar to a Zebralight (but I haven't ever seen a Zebralight with multiple emitters).  I wonder if it's made by the same factory ?
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #2144 on: February 12, 2018, 09:42:32 PM

This little light is hard to find, I got mine in a trade in one of the knives forum, the guy was looking for a Kershaw folder and I happened to have the one he wanted :tu: ....By the way, all the options on MTN are for the different body colors, different LED tints and different lumens output, but most of them are out of stock. Mine has a green color body with the cool white LED tint.

ok, that makes more sense, thought I was missing a step when trying to add to cart, hopefully more are on the way

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #2145 on: February 12, 2018, 11:57:14 PM
honestly I still care figure it out, when I click on ones that arent out of stock, not sure if I'm just looking at the numbers for the shorter body tube or an actual light as the descriptions dont change, site makes me feel like a dope  :rofl:

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #2146 on: February 13, 2018, 01:16:01 AM
You should call or send them a message, I'm sure they will answer all your questions ;)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2147 on: February 13, 2018, 11:16:26 AM

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Highly recommended!

I'd not heard of the D4 before, but you get me curious.  It does indeed look to be an excellent and versatile little light.   :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #2148 on: February 13, 2018, 02:14:47 PM
Sorry?

I was in a local knife store several weeks ago and they stock a lot of lights as well but not the Emisar.
I always talk lights with one employee there who like me is more than a little crazy with his EDC and he pulled out his D4 to show me and after a few minutes with it I went directly back home and ordered one too.

I have noticed that the more time I spend on BLF Forum the more often this can happen too?

Luckily they had them in stock which can be tough to catch and in a 219C emitter and I have been carrying one ever since among my other EDC lights of course!

The interface is a little different than I am used to for sure but mostly in good ways too and you can spend a lot more for a light and not get close to what these Emisar seem to deliver for me.

Just make sure to lock the light out in your pocket! :oops:

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Highly recommended!

I'd not heard of the D4 before, but you get me curious.  It does indeed look to be an excellent and versatile little light.   :tu:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 02:16:33 PM by ezdog »

gb Offline BePrepared

Reply #2149 on: February 16, 2018, 09:58:47 PM
Just got a Lumintop AAA Tool from [internet] (took 2 weeks to arrive).  Click on-off / 1/2 click changes modes (middle, low, high).  The head part of my  Thrunite Ti3 fits on the Lumintop body, and the Ti3 head has different order of modes (low, middle, high, and strobe), so I can have a Ti3 with clicky control.  Unfortunately the Lumintop head does not work on the Ti3 body --- it fits, but no light comes on.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 10:00:34 PM by BePrepared »

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #2150 on: February 21, 2018, 03:05:39 PM
It finally arrived!

I love the velvet-y finish and it's smaller than I expected,which is awesome  :drool: :drool: :drool:
IMG_20180221_152532~2.jpg
* IMG_20180221_152532~2.jpg (Filesize: 56.49 KB)
IMG_20180221_152610~2.jpg
* IMG_20180221_152610~2.jpg (Filesize: 96.79 KB)
IMG_20180221_152839~2.jpg
* IMG_20180221_152839~2.jpg (Filesize: 180.17 KB)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #2151 on: February 21, 2018, 04:35:25 PM
you can now become a doctor
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #2152 on: February 21, 2018, 05:15:08 PM
It finally arrived!

I love the velvet-y finish and it's smaller than I expected,which is awesome  :drool: :drool: :drool:

Very nice Lumintop. What's model?

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #2153 on: February 21, 2018, 06:14:19 PM
It finally arrived!

Told you it was dope.  :D :like:

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #2154 on: February 21, 2018, 06:16:05 PM
The model is IYP365 :D

No way I'm becoming a doc!  :D It's.... sometimes dirty work  :rofl:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #2155 on: February 21, 2018, 07:21:14 PM
Looks at the Lumintop logo :pok:

Eh, what’s up doc?
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

gb Offline BePrepared

Reply #2156 on: February 21, 2018, 09:18:16 PM
Ha, I just realised that the Lumintop logo might be based on the rabbit-shape you can see in the moon.  (Some see a crab shape.)

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #2157 on: February 21, 2018, 09:27:34 PM
Ha, I just realised that the Lumintop logo might be based on the rabbit-shape you can see in the moon.  (Some see a crab shape.)

Hang on, I've known the moon all my life, I've never noticed a bunny?!  :ahhh

I've looked it up... oh yeah, I see it now!

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Reply #2158 on: February 21, 2018, 09:49:53 PM
Lumintop GT (Giga Thrower) or “Giggles” as it’s become known, arrived this week.

It’s massive.

It’s the longest throw production LED torch/flashlight available.

Should be good to illuminate something over a mile away.

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #2159 on: February 21, 2018, 11:10:34 PM
DAVID and GOLIATH - Goliath just arrived two days ago while David has been around for a while.
The 1100 lumens and 800 meters throw of the Intimidator is enough for me, not planing on going on any SAR mission  ;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 11:42:02 PM by JustinCase »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%