Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Stores to Buy MTs?

Kabnit · 14 · 2206

Offline Kabnit

Stores to Buy MTs?
on: December 06, 2011, 05:43:05 AM
Does anybody know of any common retailers that usually has MTs in stock? I'm not talking about the cheap ones from Lowes, name-brand.

I was thinking most military surplus stores and maybe Bass Pro Shops might, but is that it?

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: Stores to Buy MTs?
Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 06:15:33 AM
Walmart, home depot, osh,
I'm the milk man!

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
Stores to Buy MTs?
Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 06:36:13 AM
Target,lowes, some local hardware stores carry them also.
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 02:24:48 PM
Dick's Sporting Goods, Gander Mtn., pawn stores (sometimes; it's hard to find good condition ones around here, but I ran across a new Pulse in one a couple miles from my house for $10 before XD), Costco (some, not all), Kmart, Sears, et cetera.

Hardware stores are fun - if they're out of the way, you can find nice old stock... only problem is that they want MSRP, hence why they still have them.  :ahhh

us Offline Pacu

Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 05:47:41 PM
army navy store that been around a while sometimes have some good old stock multis. I know one up in my hometown had some psts and pre locking gerbers. Some nice usa gerber LSTs too

full price though :o ::)
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline Accujohn

• No Life Club
Stores to Buy MTs?
Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 05:55:27 PM
Sometimes malls will have a cutlery or smoke shop. One of the stranger places is discount clothing stores like TJMax, Ross etc. also BiMart, although i'm not sure if that's a regional chain. Pawn shops are great if you are patient and take time to look. Sears. Then you have upscale sporting goods like REI, Bass, and Cabelas. Have fun!

Offline Kabnit

Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 11:05:25 PM
Okay. :D What about 'retired' MTs like the Charge Ti?

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 11:06:14 PM
On here, or the rare pawn or hardware store.  Baring that, gun and knife shows have been extremely kind to me. ;)

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 03:47:28 AM
You will find your best deals online 9 times outta 10.

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 03:48:58 AM
I have seen multitools sold at local gun stores and firing ranges.
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

us Offline Mike 208

Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 03:49:43 AM
Fry's Electronics is a fairly decent place for MTs.

us Offline EZ822

Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 03:50:54 AM
If you live in the Southern U.S. Academy Sport+Outdoors has a good selection of MT's as well as knives.
Erick

us Offline Adam Clark

• Strictly LEATHERMAN 99% of the time!
Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 11:24:45 PM
Try Navy, Marine, Army, or Coast Guard exchanges...... I know the Marine Corp Exchange where I live (VA, USA) has EVERY SINGLE Leatherman tool that's currently in production (including all currently available black oxide LM's!!!!!! All LM Knives too!!!!! They also have those BLACK Juice C2's that everyone seems to think are imaginary)  :D

On a more "civilian" level, I'd try SEARS, Home Dept., military surplus stores, K-Mart, Walmart, Sams Club, LOWES (the one in my area has about 5 LM products), Target, Cabelas, Dicks Sporting Goods, Sports Authority, etc..

IzzyJG99

Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 06:33:08 PM
I'll throw in my .02 cents. Keep in mind I am not affiliated with any of these companies or getting any kick backs. I just want to share the knowledge.

For new products I go online. Sales tax free and often free shipping. Amazon usually is where I go and KnifeWorks.com second.

Discontinued I go eBay.

Rare/Vintage/Antique? Usually you can find NIB stuff that a seller has no idea what it's worth (and sells for less) on eBay. Prime example is a late 80's Imperial Schrade Kamp King in the package, unused and being sold for $4.99. Only worth 30-35 bucks, but it had sentimental value as it was the first model my Mother bought me. But I find it far, far, far more fun to go to Antique Stores. We have one here in downtown that is 3 stories tall. Nothing is organized and it's like a wonderful treasure hunt.

Another place that I think tends to be forgotten is....and they're going to be extinct soon....are the privately owned Ace Hardware Stores. There are two in my town. Each owned by the same guy who must be 90 years old. He has an old Victorinox display case with a lot of vintage Victorinox knives in them. So check Mom & Pop hardware stores and the privately owned Ace Hardware stores.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%