Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Black Fox Tactical Rescue

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Black Fox Tactical Rescue
on: December 31, 2011, 03:36:56 PM
I pulled the trigger and bought not one but two of these!I figured at the price I could strip and customise them if I liked

The blade feels stong enough,no sign of flexing under light strain,although the zytel handel isnt that stiff.Def had said he thought that enough torque might be enough to disengage the liner lock

and as you can see he may well be right!I wasnt able to to get enough of a twist into it to make the lock disengage,but under enough strain,it will.

The blade as the usual seat belt cutter,a serrated section,flat screwdriver tip,a bottle opener(?!),and a wire stripper.The thumb notch allows easy OHOing.The carabineer clip seems well sprung and secure.

In short,you get what you pay for!For £11,it will do the job,and may well have a place in your car,or bag,but a normal SAK might just do as good a job!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Black Fox Tactical Rescue
Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 10:39:33 PM
Thanks for the closer look!  I like rescue type tools, but there is a very significant difference between what's designed for a one time personal type use and what could be carried and used on a daily basis by first responders. 

When it comes to the life and death situations these tools are supposed to be designed for I can't help but think that they should all be designed and built for the heaviest of abuse.  Anything less in my mind is potentially a recipe for disaster.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Re: Black Fox Tactical Rescue
Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 09:49:16 AM
£11 is a nice price but that liner lock is a concern . For me personally I'd like to see a little longer cutting edge too .

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%