Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Things That Make You Happy!

us Offline bladechick777

• No Life Club
  • I'm An SAK Nut, You're An SAK Nut, Let's Hug! =]
Re: Things That Make You Happy!
Reply #30 on: January 05, 2012, 11:21:25 PM
You'll Find Time Eventually Mercury. Being Busy All The Time Beats Always Trying To Find A New Thing To Do With Your Hands Because You're Free All The Time. And Time With Your Son Just Out Beats Anything In The World. And Congratulations On Your Expected Child!! That's Always A Wonderful Thing.
~Jessie~

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Reply #31 on: January 05, 2012, 11:46:57 PM
Gotta say my mates  :tu:
I

us Offline bladechick777

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: January 05, 2012, 11:50:54 PM
Friends Are Always A Wonderful Thing Ryan.  :tu:
~Jessie~

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
Reply #33 on: January 06, 2012, 12:06:05 AM
Working on this poor little thing is pretty fun too

I

gb Offline badwolf

• No Life Club
  • my best friends a dog
Reply #34 on: January 06, 2012, 12:20:54 AM
Threads like this :salute: MTO, multitools and these two :tu:

Oh and my partner, she makes great cheesy scones :D
"I like me, my wife likes me"

JC PT&A

gb Offline badwolf

• No Life Club
  • my best friends a dog
Reply #35 on: January 06, 2012, 12:25:25 AM
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 12:27:47 AM by badwolf »
"I like me, my wife likes me"

JC PT&A

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #36 on: January 06, 2012, 12:26:14 AM
You'll Find Time Eventually Mercury. Being Busy All The Time Beats Always Trying To Find A New Thing To Do With Your Hands Because You're Free All The Time. And Time With Your Son Just Out Beats Anything In The World. And Congratulations On Your Expected Child!! That's Always A Wonderful Thing.

Yea he's pretty cool.  I can honestly say he's the best thing that ever happened to me.  My wife is a close second, and I'm sure she feels the same.

us Offline bladechick777

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: January 06, 2012, 12:58:19 AM
Ryan, That's A Cool Little Train.  :tu:

Well Wolf, I'm Glad I Made You Happy With My Thread.  :tu:
And Yeah MtO And Tools In General Are Great. And Dogs Are Always Wonderful.
My Lilly Makes Me Super Happy.
And I'm Glad Your Partner Can Please You With Food Haha.

And Sean, Kids Are A Wonderful Blessing In Our Lives, And Parents Normally Do Feel That Their Kids Are The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Them.
I Know My Mother Feels That Way About Me And My Brother.
And I'm Sure I'll Feel That Way When I Have Children Of My Own Someday.  :tu:  :D
~Jessie~

us Offline OddFuture

Reply #38 on: January 06, 2012, 01:03:59 AM
Maine,

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #39 on: January 06, 2012, 01:17:23 AM
Love that last pic! 

us Offline OddFuture

Reply #40 on: January 06, 2012, 01:26:33 AM
Love that last pic!
Here's another one.

This is the same river, but now upstream.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #41 on: January 06, 2012, 01:53:29 AM
Really pretty.  I love the outdoors.

us Offline bladechick777

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: January 06, 2012, 02:08:42 AM
Beautiful Pics!!
We Have A Few Nice Places In Ohio But They're Kind Of Far And Few Between.
~Jessie~

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
Reply #43 on: January 07, 2012, 09:12:29 PM
Ryan, That's A Cool Little Train.  :tu:

It's a pile of rust at the moment in ten years it might look like the picture!
I

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #44 on: January 08, 2012, 12:13:29 AM
Lying around in the mud,shooting at knock down targets with an air rifle...yes its Southern Hunters time again in the morning :tu:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #45 on: January 10, 2012, 11:55:58 PM
I'm pretty much the same as the rest of you guys...  My wife and kids first and foremost... my son is 11 and I've been privileged to do things with him I never had when I was a kid because my parents were divorced when I was only a year old, and I never knew my father.  I was an adult leader in his cub scout pack for 3 years, and my wife and I home-schooled him for a year and a half while I was working part time.  My daughter is 3 and has become the apple of my eye; we've got a very strong bond, and I treat her with the utmost respect, affection, and kindness, since I know the relationship I build with her is setting the template she'll have for all her future relationships with men.

After them is camping and being outdoors.  I love going camping and backpacking, biking, hiking, and am getting very interested in caving.  I particularly love going places where it's okay to collect firewood; there's a simple pleasure to cutting and splitting logs, doing basic work like that, that I find incredibly gratifying.  It also makes for great times around the fire at night with my family.  :)

And my work too...  I love teaching.  Nothing better than when you see that light bulb go on for a student when they get something and really understand it, and can relate it to their life and experience...  Not to mention that except for the fixed times I have class, I get to make my own schedule, and work my own hours.  As long as my classes are meeting catalog requirements and the students are happy and learning, I'm good. 
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline bladechick777

• No Life Club
Reply #46 on: January 12, 2012, 12:31:09 AM
That's Wonderful Guys. And Heinz I Didn't Know You Were A Teacher.  :tu:
I Love The Idea Of Teaching But Have Decided That I'm Going To Follow My Dreams, And I'm Going To Major In Psychology, Minor In English And Fine Arts, Become A Psychologist Helping People, And Write Books To Help People That Are Gay, Mentally Ill, Or Just Need A Good Book To Get Lost In. And I'm Going To Design My Own Book Covers.

It's A Huge Dream, But I Know That I Can Do It And I've Got My Mind Set On It.
~Jessie~

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #47 on: January 12, 2012, 04:39:17 AM
I Love The Idea Of Teaching But Have Decided That I'm Going To Follow My Dreams, And I'm Going To Major In Psychology, Minor In English And Fine Arts, Become A Psychologist Helping People, And Write Books To Help People That Are Gay, Mentally Ill, Or Just Need A Good Book To Get Lost In. And I'm Going To Design My Own Book Covers.

That is an ambitious and noble dream Jessie.  I say go for it.  I love books!

As for me I plan on pursuing my degree in history, hoping someday to reach my masters and even a doctorate in my twilight years(hopefully sooner but two kids take a ton of money and free time, and they are worth it all).  My dream is to know all that I can before I pass on.  I don't care if my degrees ever make me any money, I just want to know.  I will write books when I can, but the goal there is to help others learn.

us Offline bladechick777

• No Life Club
Reply #48 on: January 12, 2012, 05:06:19 AM
Thanks Sean, And I Agree With Learning, I Love Learning New Things. And I Love Meeting Intelligent People Although They Seem To Be Far And Few Between Anymore.
But I Happened To Meet A Very Intelligent Person And I Couldn't Be Happier. I Mean, I Guess I Could, I Assume People Could Always Be Happier, But As Far As My Happiometer Goes, It's Pretty Far Up There.
I Love Having Someone To Talk To, And Share Intelligent Conversations With, And Being Able To Just Discuss For Hours. It's Something I Haven't Found Often In Life, And It Happens To Be Something I Love.
~Jessie~

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #49 on: January 12, 2012, 05:36:24 AM
Yea, I agree.  My wife and I have very similar views and beliefs so discussing things is really fun.  She is not as interested in History as I am, but I have an obsession with a certain area of Ancient history that is a bit rare in the academic world so I can understand why she doesn't care to discuss it much.  I am still in the beginning stages of forming my opinions and understanding of the subject in question anyway.  She bought me a book,(rare, expensive, waaay out of print) for christmas that is the basis for my obsession, and I have since bought 4 additional books to supplement it.  Kind of a tangent here but the point is I love having someone who understands me and sees things the way I do.

us Offline bladechick777

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: January 12, 2012, 06:17:53 AM
Having Someone Whom Can At Least Semi-Understand What's In Your Head Is Great. And If They Don't Understand It They Try. I Question Everything. I'm Very Inquisitive And Question The World, Pick Things Apart And Analyze Them, Someone Can Tell Me It's Scientific Fact And I'll Find The Gap, However Slight, And Pick The Hell Out Of It Lol.
~Jessie~

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #51 on: January 12, 2012, 04:46:35 PM
Having Someone Whom Can At Least Semi-Understand What's In Your Head Is Great. And If They Don't Understand It They Try. I Question Everything. I'm Very Inquisitive And Question The World, Pick Things Apart And Analyze Them, Someone Can Tell Me It's Scientific Fact And I'll Find The Gap, However Slight, And Pick The Hell Out Of It Lol.

That's how we learn LOL!  I'm the same way. 

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: January 12, 2012, 07:51:27 PM

Hey B-chickie... :)

Yeah, I don't really advertise it in my forum participations, here or elsewhere.  I have a Ph.D. in cognitive and perceptual psychology from the University of California, Santa Cruz, and I teach at the college level now.  People tend to think I'm being an arrogant smurf when I tell them about my education and job...  So, I prefer not mentioning it; but I really do love my job...  I've published some research, but I like teaching a lot better, so I've basically given up research for teaching at this point in my career.
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline bladechick777

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: January 13, 2012, 02:01:33 AM
Wow Heinz That Is Wonderful!!!
I Don't Feel You're Being Arrogant At All! I Think Your Education Is Amazing And People Could Learn A Lot From You. I Don't Know, Maybe It's Because I'm Young, Only Being 20 I'm Pretty Impressed By People With Vast Educations And Those Whom Have Followed Their Dreams In Life. Teaching Is An Amazing Thing And I Believe I'd Love To Teach, I'm Just A Writer And Want To Do Something With That And I Want To Be A Therapist As Therapy Has Helped Me In Life And I Want To Help Others. Literature Has Also Done A LOT For Me In Life And I Believe By Writing I Can Help Others As An Author Just As Many Authors Have Helped Me. And By Being A Therapist I Can Pick Apart The Human Mind Professionally And Actually Know More About It Than I Already Do. I Love Picking Things Apart So That's A Great Job For Me Lol.
~Jessie~

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #54 on: January 13, 2012, 12:30:31 PM
Those are noble goals bladechick777. I say follow your dreams.

Heinz, I hear you on that. On a local forum I used to moderate, I made the mistake of posting my credentials, and that went south right fast. This forum is vastly different from that cluck fest.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #55 on: January 13, 2012, 12:43:46 PM
Fact: Multitool users tend to be more inteligent and better educated than average!
Fact: The more multitools you have the more inteligent you become, so start collecting.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline bladechick777

• No Life Club
Reply #56 on: January 13, 2012, 01:37:54 PM
Chako: Thanks, It's Nice To Be A Part Of A Place That Supports Me No Matter What Even Though You Guys Don't Really Know Me All That Well. It's Wonderful. Maybe One Day When I Write Books You Guys Can All Have A Copy Of My Life Story Haha.

DKS: Lol. I Only Have Two At This Point But It Makes Me Feel Like A Genius. And I Think Tools In General Are Just Smart To Have Around. Such As Multis, SAK's, Knives, Flashlights, And Other Things.
~Jessie~

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #57 on: January 13, 2012, 11:07:40 PM
We are a very supportive bunch here. Especially when it comes to those should I buy it or not questions.  :D
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #58 on: January 13, 2012, 11:12:52 PM
I've found this place to be somewhat of a Family type environment.  When you're down everyone here holds you up, or at least offers a hand.  We have held donation pools for members in times of horrible need and I can personally attest to being on both ends of free gifts many many times.  It's a pretty special place indeed.

us Offline bladechick777

• No Life Club
Reply #59 on: January 14, 2012, 04:16:44 AM
I'm A Pretty Supportive And Caring And Giving Person Myself.
And I Love Being Surrounded By Others That Are The Same Way.
~Jessie~

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD