Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bad weather here in the UK ,hope you all are ok,

Zed · 46 · 4010

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Bad weather here in the UK ,hope you all are ok,
on: January 03, 2012, 11:20:17 AM
80-90MPH gails down here in the coast, while i sit here 3 fence panels have blown down, i think ill lose the lot by the end of the day, im off out there to try and secure the rest, its my neighbours fence but she lives alone and had learning problems, also better secure the trampoline as the tarp is blowing off, Hoe you guys are all ok, could be a interesting cycle ride to work later tonight  :ahhh   :ahhh  :salute:

Paul

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: Bad weather here in the UK ,hope you all are ok,
Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 11:26:19 AM
Take care and make sure you use the right Multitools!  :tu:

20C here, nice and sunny.....though it did rain a lot a few days ago.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 11:29:24 AM
Take care and make sure you use the right Multitools!  :tu:

20C here, nice and sunny.....though it did rain a lot a few days ago.

sun  :drool:  :D

just came in and going back out as another panel flew off  :ahhh right better get some rope and my toollogic sl3  :ahhh  :ahhh  :tu:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 11:44:48 AM
 :ahhh got no rope , so string  :ahhh  :ahhh  :rofl:  dont think it will last very long, pouring down as well now .

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 11:55:45 AM
Better than Sellotape!

What knife is the one in the bottom right?
Looks nice

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 11:58:39 AM
Better than Sellotape!

What knife is the one in the bottom right?
Looks nice

Toollogic sl3 fire  :tu:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 12:04:28 PM
 :salute:
nice.

in the 1st picture it looked even better; I thought it had a metal casing.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 12:08:07 PM
:salute:
nice.

in the 1st picture it looked even better; I thought it had a metal casing.

Nope zytel  ;) i keep losing the net and the lights keep going out  :-\  its like being haunted indoors and destruction outdoors , string still holding up JUST  :D

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 12:21:07 PM
Right time for a cuppa  :tu:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 12:23:58 PM
I do not like tea, but I will eat the digestives!

:cheers:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 12:28:54 PM

Yuk its not tea  :D its coffee  :tu:biscuits are wheat free shortbread  :tu: not as nice as the real thing  :-\

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 12:33:34 PM
I like shortbread; the real one.

and hob nobs.....  :drool:

And large, fresh, chocolate chip Cookies....

It is getting close to my Lunch time.... :D

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 12:37:36 PM
I like shortbread; the real one.

and hob nobs.....  :drool:

And large, fresh, chocolate chip Cookies....

It is getting close to my Lunch time.... :D

:drool: love all of those but sadly they dont love me  :-\ this getting old buisness is hard work  :D ,

wind update, there is trucks blown over  :o and rain very heavy now down here on the coast, wind still bad but still got 2 fence panels left, hope i havnt jinxed it  :D

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 12:41:06 PM

Yuk its not tea  :D its coffee  :tu:biscuits are wheat free shortbread  :tu: not as nice as the real thing  :-\

Heathen  :pok: :P :D :D

Sounds like you're having fun down there feller  :o It's a bit blustery up here, but not as bad as you by a long way. As far as I'm aware everything is pretty much holding together. Thankfully the biggest challenge so far here is cigarette lighting  ;)

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 12:46:53 PM

Heathen  :pok: :P :D :D

Sounds like you're having fun down there feller  :o It's a bit blustery up here, but not as bad as you by a long way. As far as I'm aware everything is pretty much holding together. Thankfully the biggest challenge so far here is cigarette lighting  ;)

Do you know Al i could really do with a cigar but as not alowed in the house im not going outside as fear of losing something  :ahhh

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 12:55:43 PM

Do you know Al i could really do with a cigar but as not alowed in the house im not going outside as fear of losing something  :ahhh

We wont tell....  ;)

Yes cigar smoking in the winter is a problem. Even if you can smoke in a separate room the smell lingers for a long time and you get blinded by the smoke, so you need to open some windows..

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 12:59:48 PM

We wont tell....  ;)

Yes cigar smoking in the winter is a problem. Even if you can smoke in a separate room the smell lingers for a long time and you get blinded by the smoke, so you need to open some windows..

No but my 4 and 5 year old will  :rofl: most people i know love the smell of cigars, i was given a few boxes for christmas so got a few left including a large romeo julieta , i keep thinking what i can use the tin its in for  :rofl:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 02:19:07 PM
 :think: so now the sun is out and the wind has gone  :think: this weather we have these days is freaky, but my garden is a disaster area , off out to clear it up and have a cigar  ;)

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 03:22:46 PM
Similar here mate.... sun is shining but things keep blowing around like mad!

I'm sitting in watching Casablanca and eating xmas chocolate - First world problems eh?! :)
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 03:24:46 PM
Its not too bad on the Eastern side of England , its been pouring with rain all morning and winds are gusting 35-40mph which is about Gale force 8 , met office says in some parts of Scotland its hitting 100mph which is Hurricane force 12  :ahhh  a friend of mine lives in Shetland and said a few weeks ago it was hitting 165mph  :o Luckily for us its West South West so its coming off the land , plus we are on Neap tides this week so nothing much to worry about here .

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 03:26:31 PM
Similar here mate.... sun is shining but things keep blowing around like mad!

I'm sitting in watching Casablanca and eating xmas chocolate - First world problems eh?! :)

temp just dropped and wind picking up again , sitting down chrissy, i cant wait for the kids to go back too school wed  :ahhh   :ahhh  i need me time  :ahhh   :ahhh

Its not too bad on the Eastern side of England , its been pouring with rain all morning and winds are gusting 35-40mph which is about Gale force 8 , met office says in some parts of Scotland its hitting 100mph which is Hurricane force 12  :ahhh  a friend of mine lives in Shetland and said a few weeks ago it was hitting 165mph  :o Luckily for us its West South West so its coming off the land , plus we are on Neap tides this week so nothing much to worry about here .

165mph  :ahhh sorry love this little running man  :ahhh  :rofl: thats mental wind, i would probably lose the house, be like the wizard of oz  :D

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #22 on: January 03, 2012, 03:50:03 PM
No kites would be safe in that!  :o
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #23 on: January 03, 2012, 03:51:46 PM
 :o would hate to be a bird in that wind  :ahhh

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 09:11:59 PM
Its not too bad on the Eastern side of England , its been pouring with rain all morning and winds are gusting 35-40mph which is about Gale force 8 ,

Famous last words  ::) pager went off at 15.50 , as I drove to meet the team it was driving rain and high winds , I remember thinking " why me , this is going to be just great  ::) " and had visions of searching along a beach or something . All that went out the window and was forgotten when we were briefed that we were looking for a person in the water  :o 5 of us made the shout , four met at the truck and one went direct to scene , our flanking station was already on scene ( it was their patch ) and talking to the first informant and the nearest inshore lifeboat was launched .My heart went out to those guys as they were launching in to a big sea with a small boat  :salute: First informant said they had seen what they believe COULD have been a windsurfer in trouble but they weren't sure .I drove the truck on Blues and two's which was good but challenging in the conditions and we searched all the local slipways and carparks looking for a vehicle with trailer or roof rack that the windsurfer would have launched from . Initially we found a ford transit Van but soon found it belonged to a dogwalker . We widened our search north due to the wind and tide the casualty would have drifted south  but still no vehicle was found , it was dark by this time and the lifeboat had also drawn a blank and to stay out any longer in those conditions was putting the crew and boat at risk. As no vehicle was found and no person was reported missing we were stood down . I just pray that no one was out there as there would be no hope now . The wind strength and tide would have sent them so far out and what with the rough conditions it would be needle in a haystack and thats to say if there ever was someone there in the first place .

All back in the warm now . Sorry to ramble but thought I'd share .

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #25 on: January 04, 2012, 04:30:07 AM
Hopefully it was all a false alarm Dunc. Kudos to you and your mates for checking to be sure though :salute:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #26 on: January 04, 2012, 05:04:36 AM
This is terrible and heartless of me to say, and I apologize if anyone is offended by this, but I have to say that if the weather was that bad, and someone was stupid enough to go out in it, I'm not certain the rest of you should put your lives on the line for them.

I realize that's the job and all, but I think there should be a "stupid line" where you guys are off the hook.  I'd hate for a heroic and brave person to be killed trying to rescue someone too dumb to come in out of the rain.

That having been said, I am glad you are ok, and I sympathize with you hoping that no one has gone missing.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 07:53:25 AM
Trouble is that's the nature of the beast , you can't pick and choose who you rescue , risk assessments were done and apart from driving in wet and windy conditions we were pretty safe on the land . The lifeboat would have done its own risk assessment and it was there call , because the wind was off the land they had some protection from the lee of the cliffs , it wasn't until they were getting half a mile out the waves were increasing to 2 meters plus . Had it of been a deffinet sighting then a large all weather boat would have been launched and a heli .

Our previous shout was early in December when we also had high winds , 3am and called to assist the police search for a disspondant male who had taken an over dose and armed with a kitchen knife  ::) luckily for us he had decided to walk inland .

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 08:12:19 AM
I wonder what the damage report will be , it's was awfull that a guy was killed by a falling tree , let's hope there's no one else.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%