Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tools for Horror Movies

Offline yellowhammer

Re: Tools for Horror Movies
Reply #60 on: January 24, 2008, 03:05:24 PM
Bowhunting was banned in Britain in the late 60s although, if I remember correctly, it's still legal to an extent in Scotland. The MP who was supposed to stand up for the archery community when the vote was passed was in the toilet when he was supposed to be opposing the bill, so it was passed without a murmur... ::)

I used to shoot compound a lot, back when I cared about my score :D These days I prefer recurve, without any sights or stabilisers. I reckon that's what archery is really about, for me at least. My excuse is, I;ve been practising for 20 years, I don't need training wheels anymore :D

Having said that, if I was going to hunt with a bow I'd still consider using a compound. If you have to hold at full draw for more than a few seconds I'd rather do it with 80% let-off, and the greater accuracy & arrow speed should mean a cleaner kill. You've still got to shoot the thing straight of course ;)

If I had to use a bow on zombies I'd choose a recurve - the greater length would make it easier to smack 'em upside the head when I run out of arrows! :D
C

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: January 24, 2008, 03:13:22 PM
Has to be a Scotsman though and from what I can remember not on a Sunday. ::) :D  But that's ok for you Mike anyway, cos you have the boy weekends.  :D
Does that apply to Scotswomen as well if so can I book the monster in law in for a visit

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #62 on: January 24, 2008, 07:36:57 PM
Has to be a Scotsman though and from what I can remember not on a Sunday. ::) :D  But that's ok for you Mike anyway, cos you have the boy weekends.  :D
Does that apply to Scotswomen as well if so can I book the monster in law in for a visit
Nothing like a big jucy target to aim for is there mate :D

Cheers Yellowhammer :cheers:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #63 on: November 22, 2016, 08:25:08 PM
The list on top of the thread is pretty good. Maybe add to that a cellphone and a modded Maglite (have the large ones for each room-modded with a glassbreaker and brighter bulb).

But since this is a horror movie. I would have a Estwing Rigger's Axe (call me crazy but I actually do have one, I figured nothing worse than being caught unprepared when burglarized) and a bug out bag. But nothing beats a firearm.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #64 on: November 28, 2016, 11:07:07 PM
Sorry, the title was misleading and I immediately thought of the osteotome... that tool gives me the creeps even without a creep. I mean a bone saw with a hand crank :ahhh, how do you hold this thing still :ahhh

It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%