Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Received Swisstool Today

Offline TWBryan

Received Swisstool Today
on: January 14, 2008, 08:38:14 PM
          Just got it,haven't tested it on anything. General impression is that of a heavy-duty tool. Every part of it appears bigger and thicker than the Spirit. Impressive.

:mail:
T

Offline Biru

Re: Received Swisstool Today
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 10:24:19 PM
I think the Swisstool is a marvel of good engineering. The way the ends butt neatly to enable accurate use of the ruler. The spring retention system which gives the tools such fluid opening and then close with that satisfying snap. The tools accessibility from the outside. I hate to even use mine lest I mar it.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 10:29:59 PM
Biru's bang on the money, the more you use the Swisstool the more you start to appreciate the level of engineering thats gone into it :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 11:01:01 PM
Biru's bang on the money, the more you use the Swisstool the more you start to appreciate the level of engineering thats gone into it :)

Very true but I don't worry about marring mine--that thing is tough as nails.
- Terry

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 08:17:48 PM

Very true but I don't worry about marring mine--that thing is tough as nails.

Thats very true , I sat down today and thought just what my RS has been through and it should really look like an old car used for stock car racing  :D But all its got is a couple of scratches on the red paint and a little marring on the plier jaws .

Dunc

Offline TWBryan

Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 09:16:34 PM
            Used mine today to replace a lamp cord switch and fix an outside meter box. So far no visible dents or scratches. I still think they need to revise the wire cutters,but otherwise it's a great tool.
T

Offline Biru

Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 12:00:49 AM
I swear, if I scratched that elegant red banner on my Swisstool, I'd have to take nerve pills for a month to get over it. I'd propose marriage to mine if I weren't scared it'd ruin our relationship.

Regards to all, Bill.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 10:05:27 AM
I swear, if I scratched that elegant red banner on my Swisstool, I'd have to take nerve pills for a month to get over it. I'd propose marriage to mine if I weren't scared it'd ruin our relationship.

Regards to all, Bill.

And I thought I was bad  ;)  Thats why I have more then one  ;)  Nice minty one in box and then the one I EDC which gets all hell thrown at it . Then you realise just how good they are . Three's a good number to own  :D

Dunc
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 10:39:08 AM by dunc5 »

Offline Biru

Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 07:42:24 PM
I'm actually considering getting a second Swisstool for just that purpose.

Regards, Bill.

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 09:55:10 PM
I bought a Swiss Tool years ago for thirty dollars and a knife, (this was back when they were $85.00 and up) it had a few minor flaws on that precious red banner. I just used finger nail polish remover and took it off with a little steel wool.  :ahhh

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 07:13:16 AM
Wow, you guys are nuts!

No one will care if that red logo gets scratched or if the plier teeth get marred...use the damn thing, but don't abuse it and you'll be fine!   :ahhh
[

Offline Biru

Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 03:25:56 AM
NO NO NO! :ahhh

Can't you see? If I use it, its life will be finite.

If I don't, its life will be less than infinite, but more than finite. :D

See, it's simple logic.

And if I get another, I'll have TWO to look at, open, clean, oil, put back in the box, open, clean, ....

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 04:20:52 AM
NO NO NO! :ahhh

Can't you see? If I use it, its life will be finite.

If I don't, its life will be less than infinite, but more than finite. :D

See, it's simple logic.

And if I get another, I'll have TWO to look at, open, clean, oil, put back in the box, open, clean, ....

Your life in finite! 

What will your grandkids/great grandkids want to find in their recently departed grandfathers box of goodies...a brand new  50 year old Swisstool, still in the box...or a scuffed, scarred, gunk filled tool in a worn sheath and wonder "what the hell did grandpa do to this thing!"  :o
[

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 03:10:13 PM
Probably make a buttload on eBay selling that stuff to Multitool.org and SOSAK members! :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Biru

Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 12:43:29 AM
Actually, Corrugated, I anticipated your response. I don't have any plans for direct descendants. I do have an 11 year-old niece to whom I plan to leave my pristine multitool collection.

I can just imagine her taking my unblemished Swisstool from its box and promptly breaking  the knife blade as she tries to pry open the lid of a paint can while re-doing her apartment. Her boyfriend, no doubt, will appreciate the SOG Powerlock's heft as he uses it to pound small nails for hanging pictures on the wall.

I then plan on haunting her and said apartment for the next 100 years. She'll have plenty to think about before marring my beautiful Wave...

Spookily yours, Bill.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 03:07:28 AM
Actually, Corrugated, I anticipated your response. I don't have any plans for direct descendants. I do have an 11 year-old niece to whom I plan to leave my pristine multitool collection.

I can just imagine her taking my unblemished Swisstool from its box and promptly breaking  the knife blade as she tries to pry open the lid of a paint can while re-doing her apartment. Her boyfriend, no doubt, will appreciate the SOG Powerlock's heft as he uses it to pound small nails for hanging pictures on the wall.

I then plan on haunting her and said apartment for the next 100 years. She'll have plenty to think about before marring my beautiful Wave...

Spookily yours, Bill.

Good plan Bill, but mine is better; I'm taking my tools with me. :angel: Be prepared at all times, that's my motto.

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 05:23:08 AM
Her boyfriend, no doubt, will appreciate the SOG Powerlock's heft as he uses it to pound small nails for hanging pictures on the wall.
I've done this, with my own tools of course but a good sized multi-tool is a fine hammer.  :multi:
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline Biru

Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 07:33:07 PM
DTH:

I have to admit that on wiring jobs, I have been guilty of hammering staples and one or two nails with my linesman's pliers. I would never do it with a multitool or a Klein tool, just my junker pliers. ::)

J:

I thought about taking my tools with me. Then I began thinking, imagine how awkward it would be in the afterlife (and ETERNALLY so, you know) when God asks me to borrow my Swisstool to mend St. Peter's gates and I then have to explain how I don't USE the Swisstool, I just LOOK at it! :D I get the feeling he'd be the kind to hold a grudge. :twak:

Regards to all, Bill.

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 07:51:31 PM
imagine how awkward it would be in the afterlife (and ETERNALLY so, you know) when God asks me to borrow my Swisstool to mend St. Peter's gates
It's Heaven, I imagine we'll ALL have Swisstool's and/or Spirit's. Probably the Spirit as it's more appropriate,  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 07:58:50 PM
I'm sure there are groups somewhere that would be offended by the idea that the Almighty is nothing without a multi by his side.

:angel: :multi:

Offline Biru

Reply #20 on: January 25, 2008, 12:43:42 AM
Not to mention my implication that He'd be the kind of guy who BORROWS your multitool!

For all those out there, I truly meant no offense. He probably has one of every type except for the Schradetool. I can just see the caretakers of Pandaemonium trying to turn a gate screw with that strange Phillips screwdriver my Schradetool has. :D

Again, I truly mean no offense to any religious group or Schradetool fans.

My warmest regards, Bill.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD