Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Fan Club.

Gareth · 202 · 36973

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Gerber Fan Club.
Reply #120 on: May 09, 2012, 08:00:43 PM
Those pliers..  :o :o Looks like a real workhorse Gareth..  8)  :tu:
They are quite  :o  aren't they? :D  They'll get to do some work tomorrow I hope. 8)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #121 on: May 10, 2012, 05:24:28 AM
Nice pics Gareth! :tu: Yeah, those are quite the set of chompers you've got there. :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #122 on: May 10, 2012, 06:20:56 AM
Gerber is the only major manufacturer with a blunt nose tool, I love it and wish the others would join

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #123 on: May 10, 2012, 06:32:30 AM
Gareth that is a great good looking Pro Scout buddy.   :tu:    Really like those replaceable cutters.    :)

Gerber is the only major manufacturer with a blunt nose tool, I love it and wish the others would join

I agree Scrappy!
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #124 on: May 11, 2012, 01:55:54 AM
I'd love to see more blunt nosed tools...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #125 on: May 12, 2012, 07:31:14 PM
Here`s a blunt nose Pro Scout I found not to long ago. Never had seen one with blunt nose before.
Well I see your MP600 Pro Scout Blunt Nose and raise you a MP600 Pro Scout Blunt Nose with replaceable cutters. (Image removed from quote.)

;)

(Image removed from quote.)

Seriously though, I still love it that Gerber will do so many little changes/options on one tool. :tu:  Now, if only they still did the "build your own" service. :dd:
Well I have to say I'm impressed. 8)  The tool selection on the Pro Scout is excellent and covers everything I could want in my MT.  The cutters are super sharp and those aggressive pliers are fantastic. :tu:  This is definitely a MT that'll see a lot of use I think.

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #126 on: May 15, 2012, 07:31:16 AM
Here`s a blunt nose Pro Scout I found not to long ago. Never had seen one with blunt nose before.
Well I see your MP600 Pro Scout Blunt Nose and raise you a MP600 Pro Scout Blunt Nose with replaceable cutters. (Image removed from quote.)

;)

Gareth, did you add the plier head with the replaceable cutters or did it come with your pro scout?

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #127 on: May 15, 2012, 10:06:38 AM
Came with it straight from the store like that.  It does seem to be an unusal set up though.  There is a link to where I got it in the Deals and Auctions forum. :)

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #128 on: May 16, 2012, 05:38:11 AM
Thanks Gareth, looks like they do not ship to the USA or I would get one. I will see if I can sort things out from here.

that is a bit of an opposite where the guys over the pond have access to a model we dont here in the USA

us Offline David

Reply #129 on: May 17, 2012, 06:57:51 AM
This MP400 Fisherman was delivered today. I`ve been on the hunt for one of these for a while.      :)
MP400Fisherman 011.JPG
* MP400Fisherman 011.JPG (Filesize: 48.54 KB)
Hold Fast

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #130 on: May 17, 2012, 07:43:24 AM
I know I've said it before, but if Gerber put that tool selection on with a standard head, it'd be very close to being my ideal Gerber. :tu:

Offline b.macavoy

Reply #131 on: May 19, 2012, 01:03:13 AM
Seriously though, I still love it that Gerber will do so many little changes/options on one tool.   Now, if only they still did the "build your own" service.
« Last Edit: 09 May 2012, 13:58:10 by Gareth »

Build your own Gerber?  Sounds cool to me.
 >:D  add a flamethrower?  just a small one of course.
 :rofl:

Beth

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #132 on: May 23, 2012, 03:05:47 AM
I emailed Gerber and asked if they could assist me in finding this model. They said it is not produced and at one time they custom built tools but no longer do. So I went ahead and tool the carbide cutters off another tool and added them to my proscout, now that is the most useful gerber I know of! although the diesel is a great tool also. I like gerbers but I really like their blunt tools.

us Offline wildcatmo

Reply #133 on: May 23, 2012, 03:32:57 AM
Just started to get into Gerber's. MP400 and D.E.T. Are the two new additons.

Offline BobG

Reply #134 on: May 23, 2012, 06:19:30 AM
Love those pics of the Pro Scout with the blunt nose carbide pliers head. I put a needle nose with carbide cutters on mine and love it. After fitting some sabre saw blades to it, it's incredibly handy. I may have to get a skinth xl for it in the near future.
Bob

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #135 on: June 02, 2012, 04:17:50 PM
These pics have already appeared in the mod squad section but I thought they'd fit nicely here as well.  My modified MP400 (now known as the MP475  ;)). 

Dropped the knife blade to make room for the file and dropped the can opener in favour of the awl.  Now the awl is a tool Gerber should really offer on more MT's, it's a very handy tool. :)

Also did a little blade swap on my MP450 as I never really warmed to the Wharncliffe blade shape.

My Gerber's have really pushed a lot of my other MT's to the back of the drawer, the sliding pliers and tool selection just work very well for me ATM. :)

us Offline David

Reply #136 on: June 02, 2012, 05:08:15 PM
I like that mod Gareth.   :tu:     8)      :)
Hold Fast

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #137 on: June 02, 2012, 10:21:18 PM
Looks really good Gareth  :tu:

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #138 on: June 02, 2012, 11:37:54 PM
I like that tool loadout, Gareth.  :tu:  The blade swap is nice too.  The 450 is probably my favorite multi, but I'm not crazy about that blade.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #139 on: June 27, 2012, 12:13:38 AM
My latest Gerber showed up today, courtesy of nelly1974.  It could very well be my oldest too, not sure if it's older than my Mr. Pinchy or not.  :think:  Anyway, the MPT :

Very neat tool.  Non-locking and the drivers are a bit stubby, but very cool nonetheless.  And the awl kicks ass!

I especially like the rounded edges to the hollow part of the handles, makes it much more comfortable to use than a PST.  This sucker is in great shape, and a very neat bit of kit.  :tu:
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #140 on: June 27, 2012, 12:44:55 AM
I like the MPT- it is an important piece of multitool evolution and scored a lot of points for the folks at Gerber.  It's very similar in design to the PST but solves a couple of the PST problems- notably the uncomfortable handles, and it does it in a simple, elegant method.

While the overall tool is a bit gangly and awkward I think it's actually pretty cool in it's own way. 

And yes, that is the King of Awls!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #141 on: June 27, 2012, 12:50:11 AM
Also, for those interested, the MP600ST has been out for a month now; SMKW and eBay both have them available; I've handled one and it's a nice feeling piece of kit, as is the Balance - good run for the Juice S2, IMO.

And yes, the Balance does feel like a bar of soap.  ::)

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #142 on: June 27, 2012, 04:20:08 AM

While the overall tool is a bit gangly and awkward I think it's actually pretty cool in it's own way. 

Gangly - THAT'S the word I was looking for!  Thanks Def!  :salute:  :)  I was doing a bit of searching on the web, looks like the one I have is an earlier one - brushed finish, cutouts only on one side of the handle, no edge on the file, no bumps to slow down the opening of the pliers, the "shoulders" on the handles at the pliers pivot.  That makes it a bit cooler IMO.  I've been playing with it since I got it, and I do have to say I think it's neat in a slightly odd sort of way.  :tu:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #143 on: June 27, 2012, 12:38:16 PM
Searched the web for multitool info?   :twak:

We've got more MPT info than I think anyone else has right here on the Multitool.org Encyclopedia!

Just in case you happened to find any info we were missing, feel free to add it so the Encyclopedia is up to date for the next person that is looking for info!

Def

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #144 on: June 27, 2012, 01:29:47 PM
 :facepalm:  Mia Culpa.  Where's the Hara Kiri smiley?  In my defense, the encyclopedia was the first link to pop up on Google, and that's where my info came from.  That and a bizarre thread involving Mike and Benner from '08.......Seems to be a lot of those floating around here..... :)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #145 on: June 27, 2012, 01:45:10 PM
Yes, there used to be a LOT of odd Benner/Mike threads.... I find I actually miss the two of them carrying on, but don't tell them that or they'll both get swollen heads!

As for the Encyclopedia, a friend of mine was asking me about a fly fishing tool last week.  I was telling him about this discontinued model from Xikar and he sent me a link asking "Is this the one?"  It was a link to the Encyclopedia!  He sent me a link to my own site!  :P

Def

us Offline DIYMultiTool

Reply #146 on: June 29, 2012, 06:53:31 AM
11 of my Multi-Tools are Gerber (85%).  I guess that makes me a fan :cheers:
Buck Collectors Club Inc., (BCCI) Life Member

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #147 on: June 29, 2012, 07:13:01 PM

good man. :tu:  I have to admit that though I am indeed a fan of all my Gerbers, I still own many more Leatherman's. :-[

us Offline David

Reply #148 on: June 29, 2012, 07:19:09 PM

Which models do you have?
Hold Fast

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #149 on: June 29, 2012, 09:05:29 PM
Gerbers outnumber my LM's 9 to 4, with the two Swiss staying neutral.  :P  The Leatherman side is getting reinforced next week though......

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD
26%