Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hey bruddah, can yuh spare a Dime?

us Offline makeshift

Re: Hey bruddah, can yuh spare a Dime?
Reply #60 on: February 04, 2012, 02:47:07 AM
Not to get too off topic - I've had good dealings with knifecenter in the past. As recent as this past holiday season. That being said I agree(d) with your speculation "My guess is it's either sold out or wasn't available in the first place.".

Thank you for the good word about Mr. & Mrs. Autry :)

And to be totally on topic. I LOVE the fact that the bottle opener is fixed on the Dime. Could the Dime replace my Pioneer? If I can mount a clip that makes sense that may be that case. We shall see.

Jeffrey

ca Online Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #61 on: February 04, 2012, 03:00:05 AM
Interesting idea- remember that the Dime is pretty small and the sides are contoured so it might be hard to put a standard type clip on it like the eClipse.

You could probably get a dangler type clip like the Venture Klip though:

I meant nothing bad about Knifecenter- I just don't know anyone there, although I know they have a decent rep.  If you have faith in them then by all means go for it.  My point was to only deal with folks you feel you can trust, but even then there can still be hold ups beyond their control.  I suggested Travis because I've known and worked with him since '03 and I can tell you without a doubt he's on the level.  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline makeshift

Reply #62 on: February 04, 2012, 03:36:56 AM
After looking at the pictures in your OP I figured I would have to go with the suspension clip or make my own clipdraw style clip. Thanks for the all of the shot show pics BTW.

While knifecenter certainly hasn't done wrong by me I figure dealing with another forum member is a great way to expand my (future) options and to participate a little more on this wonderful forum. I even plan to use the donation button before Feb 29th.

Now if I could only decide on a color  :think:
I'm tempted to buy a green one and black on black then switching the scales.
Black scales with polished tools - green, gray scales with black tools. Could look slick.

Jeffrey

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #63 on: February 04, 2012, 03:40:03 AM
There's an easy way to decide....

One of each!  :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline makeshift

Reply #64 on: February 04, 2012, 03:45:13 AM
There's an easy way to decide....

One of each!  :P

Def

This is very true!

Jeffrey

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #65 on: February 04, 2012, 03:51:36 AM
It's the MTO way!   >:D

You should see my collection of Gen II SOG MicroToolclips.... :P

Def

us Offline makeshift

Reply #66 on: February 04, 2012, 04:17:02 AM
I fully understand. I've been playing paintball for almost 25 years now.
On the paintball forum I most frequent we have an affectionate term called "Gun Whore".
At one point I owned 20 some CCI Phantom paintball guns (aside from another 40 guns). All the colors and variations.

I've since slimmed down said collection and only keep what I use in both my knife/tool collection and paintball gun collection.

I still fight the urge though

Jeffrey 

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #67 on: February 04, 2012, 04:23:42 AM
This site actually sponsors a local paintball team, mostly with gear since we have no budget for anything!  :P

I am still building up my Tipmann 98 Platinum.  I know it's not one of the great guns out there (several members of the team have Egos and similar markers) but I like it.  With my arthritis I make a better target/decoy than a shooter anyway. 

Of course I'm well known on the field because my Tipmann actually has a real bayonet on it!  :P

Def

us Offline makeshift

Reply #68 on: February 04, 2012, 04:44:25 AM
Very cool! In my mind most paintball guns are on equal ground if they can shoot paint without breaks and at a consistent velocity. Balls per second hold very little weight in my mind or game. My team and I play mostly stock class, use vintage guns or build our own  :D Then again we play a lot of scenario games, have a working turret gun tank and love to lay some paint down on occasion.

Our team site is paintballsfinest.com - The photo galleries alone are worth a look.
The paintball site I spoke of earlier is mcarterbrown.com

If you ever play paintball stateside please let me know and maybe we can make the game. We play from the East coast to the West coast and beyond. We even play at SGT. Splatters on occasion in Ontario.

Our team - Damage Inc. - plays with knives as well. Hand made with felt edges painted with lipstick. There is nothing more satisfying than a knife "kill".  :D

Sorry to have been so off topic/derail the thread

Jeffrey

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #69 on: February 04, 2012, 04:51:30 AM
Derailing topics is the name of the game on this forum!  The owner of this site is a pretty strange guy who thinks discussions are like living things and should be allowed to grow in whichever direction they like, so it's all good!  :D

This is "our" team:

http://www.tacsatpaintball.com/

I don't play often as I'm not terribly mobile and I tend to slow a team down.  I like to get out from time to time though, and it's amazing how fast paint disappears!  I need a new barrel for my 98- I'm using a stock barrel at the moment and it's so random when it fires I think I would have an 8-10 foot grouping at 25 feet.  Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the marker as is.  I added a two finger trigger and a stock, but the marker itself is pretty solid.  A new barrel, maybe a rifled one to increase accuracy and I think I may be good as is.  I have no desire to sink thousands of dollars into a gun I only use a handful of times a year.

Def

us Offline makeshift

Reply #70 on: February 04, 2012, 04:58:36 AM
 :rofl: I too subscribe to the derailing of threads and the conversations that follow.

Have you considered a flatline barrel or what may help the most and can be found used on the cheap, a Freak barrel system. Paint to bore size is most important.

Jeffrey

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Reply #71 on: February 04, 2012, 05:11:17 AM
I would love to give paintball a go BUT I have seen the bruises  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh. I would hate to think what a paint ball to the crackers would do  :cry: :cry: , most of my friends that have had a go , buck shows & the like did not wear any special protection  ??? ???. The plums the plums  :ahhh :ahhh :D :D

:b2t: :P :D :D.
The black Dime looks mighty cool but I have a crazy attraction to green  :think: :think:.
I wonder how the black one looks with a bit of wear  :think: :think:

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #72 on: February 04, 2012, 03:53:47 PM
I see guys get shot in the goodies all the time which is why I tend to wear a cup.  The only problem is the inner thigh is also quite painful!

One of the options I've been considering is a flatline.  I just haven't really been into paintball much lately so it's not been a huge priority.

Oh, and I'm also looking for a Kingsman Arms Tracer or Eraser, but that's not so much for paintball playing as it's for teaching neighbors not to let their dogs defecate in my yard if they have no plans to pick it up.   >:D

Def

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #73 on: February 04, 2012, 05:49:05 PM
I see guys get shot in the goodies all the time which is why I tend to wear a cup.  The only problem is the inner thigh is also quite painful!

One of the options I've been considering is a flatline.  I just haven't really been into paintball much lately so it's not been a huge priority.

Oh, and I'm also looking for a Kingsman Arms Tracer or Eraser, but that's not so much for paintball playing as it's for teaching neighbors not to let their dogs defecate in my yard if they have no plans to pick it up.   >:D

Def

Paintballing never really struck me as appealing, but then one day I had to go - duty as best man for a guy who wanted to go as part of a stag do/day. It was actually great fun till I took one on the inner thigh from about two foot away.  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

I haven't been back since  :surrender:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #74 on: February 04, 2012, 05:57:49 PM
I'll bet that left a hell of a mark!

Def

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #75 on: February 04, 2012, 06:42:45 PM
and a rather silly walk  :-\

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #76 on: February 04, 2012, 07:17:26 PM
Did you take it to the Ministry of Silly Walks?

Ministry of Silly Walks

Def

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #77 on: February 04, 2012, 09:51:45 PM
There was a lot more facial contusion and colourful language, but Cleese would have been proud of me  :D

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #78 on: February 04, 2012, 11:40:07 PM
I once took a paintball to the bare side of my neck from 5 or 6 feet away.  It split me open and the lump swelled to the size of a baseball.  I still have a scar from the wound it left.  I haven't played since either.  I used to be an avid player though, I played rec-ball guerrilla style in full camo, some guys in ghillie suits.  We made shields and shoulder mounted paintball cannons that could fire up to 200 rounds at once, accurate to about 50 yards.  The minimum safe distance was about 30 yards so they weren't used much. 

My favorite gun that I had was a Spyder Esprit with an electronic 6 way dual finger trigger assembly, a flatline barrel that was home made by my Engineer uncle, and a standard hopper.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #79 on: February 05, 2012, 12:40:59 AM
Yup, the side of the neck hurts pretty good too.  But pain and scars is no excuse to stop doing it!  :P

Def

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #80 on: February 05, 2012, 12:59:57 AM
Yup, the side of the neck hurts pretty good too.  But pain and scars is no excuse to stop doing it!  :P

Def

I didn't stop because of the pain, I stopped because I moved and all my team mates are gone now.  Two are in the military, one was honorably discharged after stepping on a landmine and losing his foot, another is having a rough go of life right now and can't come up with rent money, the rest of the guys moved away and I haven't heard from them.  I just don't have time anymore either.  I may pick it back up when my wife and I finally land where we want to be.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $10.00
PayPal Fees: $0.67
Net Balance: $9.33
Below Goal: $290.67
Site Currency: USD
 3%