Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

PowerPint Overview Mighty Little MT

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Re: PowerPint Overview Mighty Little MT
Reply #180 on: May 26, 2020, 05:31:45 PM
Is it just me, or does the PowerLitre come with a lock to hold it closed?

Charles.

• No Life Club
Reply #181 on: July 14, 2020, 12:08:25 AM
Why the hate on the PowerAccess files? They work GREAT on metal. Not stainless (it will damage the file), but mild steel and aluminum are cut quickly and easily. The PowerPlay file, now *that* is a bad file. It's not even useful for fingernails.

Also... would it be possible to grind the bottle opener into a screwdriver blade? Might make it harder to open, but with clumping that's not really that big an issue.

Charles.

• No Life Club
Reply #182 on: July 14, 2020, 12:12:29 AM
I've put together a mini bit kit to extend the capability of our nimble Pint.

If you use the Victorinox bitdriver extension, it has a smooth flat shank without the cutout for quick-release holders. Meaning, there is more flat surface area inside the area that grips the bits, and it doesn't wobble as much.

Charles.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #183 on: January 05, 2021, 02:29:26 PM
Just discovered the SOG PowerPint at the local outdoorshop, and I thought it was strange that I'd never heard of it before...

When I got home I found this topic, that for some reason, I had missed completely 🙄.

Anyway, inspecting it at the outdoorshop I thought it looked like quite a decent tool in a small package.

So I thought, why not make the first tool I buy in 2021 a SOG (which is definitely a first for me, since I only own 3 other SOG products after 26 years of hoarding collecting multitools).

So here it is:

And I must say, I'm surprised by the quality of this one.  I expected tools rubbing against the plier head, locks that needed a bit of adjusting, a PE blade that needed sharpening...

But turns out SOG has it all covered on this one, only thing I might mod is the spring on the scissors, just like GLBM did on his PowerPint.

I actually like this little tool 😁.

us Offline masterjuggler

• Funtionality-70% Looks-30%
Reply #184 on: January 05, 2021, 05:00:30 PM
And I must say, I'm surprised by the quality of this one.  I expected tools rubbing against the plier head, locks that needed a bit of adjusting, a PE blade that needed sharpening...

But turns out SOG has it all covered on this one, only thing I might mod is the spring on the scissors, just like GLBM did on his PowerPint.

I actually like this little tool 😁.
How are the scissors on it?

I got the powerpint a year or two ago and really was not impressed. All the tools had some burrs on the edges that made it hard to get a tool out, and the scissors had some burr that made them catch while cutting, but I never could find out where to file it down. I ended up losing it when camping and didn't feel too bad, went back to a leatherman juice.

Maybe they raised the quality control? Anyone else have a good experience? Might have to try again at some point.

us Offline King_Gorilla

Reply #185 on: February 08, 2021, 08:43:57 AM
I was thinking about getting one of these when they came out because I thought that the bid driver in the back of the plier head was a genius design.  But then before I bought one, I saw 4 or 5 video reviews on youtube that all said that the bit driver barely worked.  They all seemed to have issues with the bits spinning. 

I just read through all the pages on here and it doesn't seem like anyone was talking about that.  Do any of you that have the Power Pint, or any of the other similar SOG tools with that function, feel that the bit driver works well?

Offline Sven34

Reply #186 on: January 25, 2024, 05:03:05 AM
Old thread I know, but I just bought my first Power Pint (not my first SOG) at Walmart the other day. I was not expecting great things given reported quality issues, however, the example I got is excellent in every way! I am very stoked about this little MT! The file on mine is excellently cut and very agressive. All the locking tools deploy nicely and snick into place. There is no blade rub, the pliers tips meet accurately, the scissors cut well, the blades are sharp and the other tools are well ground and sturdy for their size. Overall, I am very impressed! Perfect pocketable size, and great fidget factor. Just thought people might like to know it is worth trying again.
 :multi:

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #187 on: January 26, 2024, 02:30:43 AM
I've heard great things about them too Sven!  I keep hearing about quality issues with SOG but I've had great luck so far.  Post a picture when you can   :like:
Barry

Offline Sven34

Reply #188 on: January 26, 2024, 03:42:07 AM
I got my first SOG, a PowerLock, 15 or so years ago on clearance at Lowes. I had been a dedicated Leatherman fan since my father got me a Leatherman Supertool in the late 80's while I was in High-school.  Hoewever, when I saw the pliers-head on the PowerLock, as well as the socket-driver, I was sold. I later bought a Switch-plier 2, and now the PowerPint. Going to try to attach some pictures of the PowerPint.
Cheers, Sven.
 :multi:

20240125_181046~2_resize_76.jpg
* 20240125_181046~2_resize_76.jpg (Filesize: 45.99 KB)

20240125_180916~2_resize_36.jpg
* 20240125_180916~2_resize_36.jpg (Filesize: 127.91 KB)

20240125_180855~2_resize_69.jpg
* 20240125_180855~2_resize_69.jpg (Filesize: 119.88 KB)

20240125_181023~2_resize_79.jpg
* 20240125_181023~2_resize_79.jpg (Filesize: 110.92 KB)

Offline Sven34

Reply #189 on: January 26, 2024, 04:05:43 AM
The file on this PowerPint really is excellent. The files on my old PowerLock and Switch-plier 2 are rather unimpressive, so I was delighted to find that the PowerPint's file is very good. Both the single-cut and the double-cut sides of the file will cut aluminum and mild steel, and it cleans up fingernails like a champ. The awl is very sharp, and even the jewelry driver looks precisely ground. The serrated blade is surprisingly similar in size and grind to the serrated blade on my Leatherman Crunch, and the PE blade is a nice, pointy wharncliffe, perfect for detail work and delicate tasks.

20240125_185513~2_resize_68.jpg
* 20240125_185513~2_resize_68.jpg (Filesize: 86.28 KB)

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #190 on: January 26, 2024, 05:51:53 PM
Looking good Sven!  I agree with you on those files.
Barry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD