Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tool Logic.

Chako · 32 · 11892

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Tool Logic.
on: January 22, 2012, 03:36:12 PM
The discussion here...

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,34727.0.html

Got me to thinking about Tool Logic once again.

Taken from their website here....

http://www.sogshopping.com/

Will you be prepared?

Will you have at the ready a powerful LED light for illumination or signaling? Will you have a sharp serrated blade in case you need it? How about an emergency window punch? Or just a tweezer, screw driver or emergency ball point pen?

You don’t know what life will hit you with today, but you’re not about to cart around a tool kit and backpack just in case.

That’s why there is Tool Logic®. The highest quality line of innovative compact tools, knives and flashlights available today.

From credit-card sized multi-tools that offer a range of options from an LED light to a blade to a screw-driver all the way up to a compact rescue folding knife that features a window-punch and a signal whistle, Tool Logic is manufactured tough, with the highest-quality materials to be ready when you need it.

Because you don’t know what life will throw at you today, but Tool Logic will be there - Built For Life™.

For me, Tool Logic epitomized credit card multi-tools. Do not get me wrong, Victorinox makes an excellent credit card tool, but Tool Logic innovates this category by giving you an honest to goodness useful blade other than a small paper opener. Yeah, I am a big fan of Tool Logic credit card MTs.

The only non credit card Mt I have is their SL6 Rescue tool. I didn't even know they produced the SL Pliers until today. I guess I may have to look at their other products sooner than later.

Either way, here are the credit card MTs that i do currently have. Here goes...

A group shot.

One of my favorites is the aptly named Office Assistant. This double thickness office tool packs quite a lot into a small frame. You get a very comfortable pair of small scissors, a small dual flathead and Phillips glass screwdriver combo tool, a removable pen, an ingenious hole punch and a small stapler. The hole punch and stapler are useable whilst the tools are stored away in their respective spots. You also get a small measuring tape, and a staple remover that folds in and out. If that wasn't enough, whatever unused space is utilized for a paper clip storage compartment. There is no wasted space on the Office Assistant.

Next, is a Tool Logic Tool Lite. Unfortunately, my copy is missing the light cap. This card MT features a very large and comfortable serrated blade, tweezers and toothpick, LED light, and a can opener/flat driver tool.

This is the Tool Logic Tool Lite Deluxe. The Deluxe changed quite a lot from the regular Tool Lite version above. Note that the blade is smaller to make room for the swing out scissors. That small black square above the scissors is the built in locking mechanism.  The scissors are spring loaded. The usual tweezers and toothpick are evident, as well as the loss of the can opener for a combo mini sharp blade/diamond file/flat head driver/wire stripper?  To top it all off, a red LED that doesn't throw much light.

You could also get the standard Tool Logic card MT which features a magnifying glass/compass instead of a not very bright LED light. All other features are the same.

This one is a duplicate minus the US patent markings of the above tool. My guess, this is a newer copy.

Tool Logic also produced a more survivor oriented card MT. Not to say that the above wouldn't come in handy when the smurf hits the fan, but these following tools have a few more specific features that will help you.

The Tool Logic Survival I card features the same magnifier/compass as the non lite version above. However the knife blade is quite different, and would make it easier to lash it to a stick to make an improvised spear. Not to mention the blade with its dual finger grooves is secure and comfortable to use. This time around, a built in whistle occupied the space of the removable can opener in the above models. Likewise, the tweezers have been upgraded from plastic to metal.  The toothpick is also longer. On the bottom is a built in fire starter. Note that the partially serrated blade has two larger grooves that fit the fire steel perfectly. Not a bad little card tool all in all.

Here is a variation on the same theme, this time marketed by Eddie Bauer. This is the Survival II card that replaces the magnifier/compass for an LED light. You can see the fire steel a lot better  in this photograph.

Last but not least of the card MT models I have, is this feature packed TI Business Card. This tool packs a small pair of scissors, a letter opener, a nail grooming tool, a pen, a removable sewing needle, glass flat and Phillips drivers, and a metal tweezer, and what isn't shown on this photo because I missed it, a toothpick.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 03:39:50 PM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Tool Logic.
Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 06:52:27 PM
I love Toollogics stuff, i wanted a sl3 fire for ages so got one a few weeks back and then i got the SL pliers and then i was kindly sent a T1 buisness card and T1 mini torch, there all well made and usefull (my favourite word lol) but as i need good bang for the bucks tools as skint these fit in nicely, for example, just a folder is nice , but a folder and firesteel and whistle beltclip  :tu: or a blade and pliers and screw drivers  :tu: all good value for money, they get the thumbs up from me and im sad that sog have stopped making the SL pliers as a very nice tool,  :cry:

sl pliers

SL3 fire

the firesteel is one of the best i have.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 09:19:17 PM
That looks good Zed.  :salute:

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 09:51:38 PM
Well thanks a lot Chako  ::) For years I've thought these credit card tools were disctinctly average, but now I'm thinking one of those Survival 1 cards might be a nice thing to have in my wallet instead of some of the other gadgetry  :-\

Cheers mate  :pok: :twak:

:D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 11:11:12 PM
That is what we do best around here.  :D

spam Offline Doraemon

• A man can never have enough watches... and tools!
Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 09:35:15 AM
Chako, thanks for sharing. Very innovative, and looks pretty solid (sturdy) too!

Zed, that's a cool pair of pliers, a totally different take to Leatherman's Freestyle! Doesn't look very comfortable in the hand though.
You have the right tool... but do you know how to use it the right way?

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 09:46:25 AM
Chako, thanks for sharing. Very innovative, and looks pretty solid (sturdy) too!

Zed, that's a cool pair of pliers, a totally different take to Leatherman's Freestyle! Doesn't look very comfortable in the hand though.

Its fine used the other way around, i took the pic this way so you can see the Zytel side  :D   :tu:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 01:24:25 PM
lol i was looking in the sog section for this as mine got moved there  :think:

I took a pic of the T1 Tech light and the T1 series buisness card i got kindly from Badwolf, both these TL items are great, i just got some new batteries for the tech light and its pretty bright for a little light plus has a pen and a double sided micro drivers set, the card has everything you need and is very handy and well made, all good  :salute:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 10:05:30 PM
Oh yeah. I forgot I have that tech light as well...hidden amongst the Swiss+Tech stuff.

spam Offline Doraemon

Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 12:29:38 AM

Its fine used the other way around, i took the pic this way so you can see the Zytel side  :D   :tu:

I see. I did some searching. Interesting it has 2 different colours. The silver side look classy enough, but flip it around and I immediately went "cheap plastic!" Funny how stereotypes work. Seriously if it were all sliver I might buy the thing.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 10:14:54 AM

I see. I did some searching. Interesting it has 2 different colours. The silver side look classy enough, but flip it around and I immediately went "cheap plastic!" Funny how stereotypes work. Seriously if it were all sliver I might buy the thing.

the plastic is zytel and doesnt look so bad in the hand plus comfy, you can get these in BO but they didnt have them when i ordered this one, if we didnt have this non locking law in the uk i would carry this knife as a nice combo with my huntsman or explorer,  :tu:

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 02:24:11 PM
Well thanks a lot Chako  ::) For years I've thought these credit card tools were disctinctly average, but now I'm thinking one of those Survival 1 cards might be a nice thing to have in my wallet instead of some of the other gadgetry  :-\

Interestingly, when I compared the TL survival card to the SwissCard (Vic), I preferred the TL card due to the MUCH better knife and the firesteel UNLESS you have a SwissCard with the quattro driver (which is cool).  Tweezers and tooth pick are just as good (toothpick is very sharp however).  It's a very nice toolcard.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 02:36:50 PM

Interestingly, when I compared the TL survival card to the SwissCard (Vic), I preferred the TL card due to the MUCH better knife and the firesteel UNLESS you have a SwissCard with the quattro driver (which is cool).  Tweezers and tooth pick are just as good (toothpick is very sharp however).  It's a very nice toolcard.

:salute:

I've just received the Screwzall this morning, which does away with the Quatro tool (and out perform it for sure). I've not taken the plunge on the Survival Card yet as there's other things I'm looking at over the weekend hopefully - but it's high on the wish list

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 03:20:18 PM

For years i've been carrying quatro driver lon the keyring.. i bought a whole lot of them as spare parts... i always attach one to the various saks i carry around... no need to have the swisscard

Chacko do you have a Wenger card in your collection>? how does its blade compare with the tool-logic ones?
“A good plan isn't one where someone wins, it's where nobody thinks they've lost.”
- Terry Pratchett

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 09:51:19 PM
Nice pics as always Dan..  :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 01:45:48 AM
Thanks Allan.

spam Offline Doraemon

Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 02:36:04 PM

the plastic is zytel and doesnt look so bad in the hand plus comfy, you can get these in BO but they didnt have them when i ordered this one, if we didnt have this non locking law in the uk i would carry this knife as a nice combo with my huntsman or explorer,  :tu:

I know, I ought to ditch this thinking that plastics are inferior. It's just that the design aspect is very important to me, in fact equally as important as the functional aspect. Even if I don't carry the tool outside. I wouldn't buy a computer if I don't like its style for example, even if it were the best.

Oh, I haven't see a BO version, shall do a bit more research. But thanks for letting me know.  :tu:

Edit: changed example
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 02:44:40 PM by Doraemon »

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 04:25:39 AM
Well I attempted to fix my Tool Logic deficit. These just came in today.

First up is the SL Plier.

Next, an SL Pro 1.

Next, an SL Pro SLPB3 Sharpener.

Followed by an ICE Lite II.

Next, a Slime line Card Pink.

And last but not least, a Magnetic Light.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 02:41:09 PM
very nice chako, i was going to get the SL pro1 but  decided the sl3 fire was ok for me as i want get too much use out of them, does look really cool and like it in BO  :drool:

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 07:45:47 PM
Chako and zed
I see your pliers have bits and mine has folding drivers
Interesting

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 07:49:56 PM
Chako and zed
Interesting

The folding type is the older model , they changed it to the bit version, would be cool to have both  :tu:

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 11:04:14 PM
Chako and zed
Interesting

The folding type is the older model , they changed it to the bit version, would be cool to have both  :tu:

Yes, the bit model is a worthwhile improvement (in my opinion) but the folding driver version is much harder to find. :salute: Congrats on having another rare tool Scrappy. :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 03:16:23 AM
Zed and Bob
Thanks for the info. I bought one of each according to the pictures but both are the same. I am going to buy another so I have both. Are there any differences in the plier?

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 02:19:19 AM
Here are the latest items from Tool Logic. I think with these, I am fairly covered.

An SLPro Tactical Black Fire SLPB2.

A pocket Hunter Card.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 03:32:47 AM
Zed and Bob
Thanks for the info. I bought one of each according to the pictures but both are the same. I am going to buy another so I have both. Are there any differences in the plier?

No differences in the plier Terry, just in the screwdriver handle.

By the way, I just picked up a black oxide SLPlier. I'll compare it to my others when it arrives. :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 02:07:33 AM
My latest acquisition in the Tool Logic lineup. A Wine Companion.

Packed into this credit card sized housing are the following tools.
- Corkscrew.
-Cheese Knife.
-Can/bottle opener.
- Fork.
-Cocktail Stir.
-Foil cutter.

The Wine Companion reminds me of this thinner and older model. I have no clue who made it...what I do know, I remember this appearing in my house in the early 80s.

The Tool Logic Wine Companion is not listed on their official site, and as such, I think it is discontinued.  You can still find them on the net. Not a bad little kit for those who pack a Leatherman Flair.

ph Offline Goatlord666

• I am the ghost that haunts the GERBER MTo Forum
Reply #26 on: April 24, 2013, 10:07:23 PM
thanks for sharing these pictures. sadly the Pocket Hunter is already discontinued and I will have to pray to my tool gods to get my hands on one.
Cheers,
Gabriel

"you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need"

"I have a confession to make: I am addicted to steel, I have a smoking problem, I have a short attention span and I am easily amused"

"Balisongs Forever!!!"

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #27 on: April 24, 2013, 10:59:16 PM
I know. They were very hard to find when I made this thread.

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #28 on: April 25, 2013, 01:23:55 AM
Which one is the pocket hunter?

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #29 on: April 26, 2013, 03:18:24 AM
It is 4 photos up.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $10.00