Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My first SwissTool!

us Offline Accujohn

• No Life Club
My first SwissTool!
on: January 22, 2012, 08:49:13 PM
I won't labor this or review it since I am a johnny come lately... But I am mostly a Leatherman guy and while I've had the traditional saks before, I've never had one of the bigger tools. I had heard about fit and finish so I have always wanted to check one out. This tool is the basic model without scissors. In a nutshell, I AM very impressed with the attention to quality and finish. It's without a doubt the best fit and finish MT I have owned of any brand. I won't take time comparing and contrasting... I just really love it. It's also as tough as a tank. Definitely a keeper!

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Re: My first SwissTool!
Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 08:56:28 PM
Welcome to a whole new world   :tu: :D

The Swisstool was my second full sized MT (after a Gerber Suspension). Many tools have come (and some have gone) since then, but none have been able to unearth the CS Plus from my EDC bag  ;)

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline Ashley

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 09:44:43 PM
I received my first swisstool last year as a birthday gift from my roomy and no looking back. They are one hefty nice made tool. I have since bought the on the road tour edition spirit and it was love at first site and in love with first touch.

us Offline Accujohn

• No Life Club
My first SwissTool!
Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 10:12:54 PM
The attention to detail and precise fit and function is fantastic. No tools rubbing each other etc etc

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 10:29:15 PM
I'd be intersted to hear your thoughts after a month or so, after you've given it a good workout  :tu:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline Singh

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 10:57:17 PM
I won't labor this or review it since I am a johnny come lately... But I am mostly a Leatherman guy and while I've had the traditional saks before, I've never had one of the bigger tools. I had heard about fit and finish so I have always wanted to check one out. This tool is the basic model without scissors. In a nutshell, I AM very impressed with the attention to quality and finish. It's without a doubt the best fit and finish MT I have owned of any brand. I won't take time comparing and contrasting... I just really love it. It's also as tough as a tank. Definitely a keeper!

No one does it like the Swiss.  ;)

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 11:32:04 PM
Congrats man!  Dont forget the spirit x as well... its an amazing tool in a lighter package!  Its good the only made a few models of swisstool or id be broke cuz Id buy whatever they made... LOVE THEM
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85