Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A few more Bear Grylls Merchandize and a Fiskars Cuts+More.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Well today found me at Canadian Tire. A store I try to stay away from because every time I go in, I come out with more than I originally went there  for. Today was no exception to this rule.

I bought a pair of Fiskars Cuts+More. Multi-tool Scissors that remind me of the CRKT Crossover Shears that I gave to someone on this forum a while back. The scissors stated "The Ultimate Multi-Purpose Scissors". With a claim like that, and a princely sum of only 9 bucks, how could I not take them home.

I won't go into greater detail as I do recall Metropolicity authored a review of them on this site. I think I still prefer the CRKT Crossover Shears for a better use of the split blades...and the fold away knuckle strap was kind of cool.  These I will keep however as a kitchen addition.

Well I figured since I had bought one Bear Grylls Gerber knife, it might be time to see what the other examples that I could find were like. That darn curiosity thing. Canadian Tire had 2 more knives...and I got them.

The first is the Gerber BG Compact Scout knife. Now this knife is small, and super light. It is so light that you have to look at it in your hands to reassure you that you have a knife in your hands. In fact, I am not a big fan of the hard plastic composition of the handles. The blade is thin and light as well.  The grip patter is good, but the hard brittle feeling plastic leave a lot to desire.

Next up is the Bear Grylls Folding Sheath Knife. A very nice sized folder with beautiful rubber textured handles. Not a bad knife, but once again, with a half serrated blade. I take it Bear likes serrations.

The knife has a well designed lock back mechanism that won't get pressed unless  you intentionally do it.

Looking on the web site, I am only now missing the Bear Grylls Scout drop point serrated knife, the Pocket tool, and the Ultimate find edges knife. I am not a big fan of the show, or the character, but I appear to have a soft spot for these Gerber products. I think I just like the colour scheme and the textures of the handles.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: A few more Bear Grylls Merchandize and a Fiskars Cuts+More.
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 11:01:23 AM
Bear grylls has grown on me recently , ive read the odd bad thing about some of the knives but they look ok, my only thing about the colours is they remind me of the B&Q chain of DIY stores in the uk  :D  cool pics as always chako  :salute:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 01:26:37 PM
Thanks Zed.  :salute:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Offline zatoichi

Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 12:26:59 AM
I got this knife a number of months ago. I do not use it very much but I find the grip is comfortable.

My guess is that as long as I do not push too far, it will be a good serviceable knife that one might use in the city.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%