Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wish I had....

us Offline Ashley

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • AKA Knife Crazied
Re: Wish I had....
Reply #30 on: January 25, 2012, 06:10:19 PM
Wish I had.....not be so stupid at bladeforums. :(

Let me think on this Steve and I might have a plan. I'm friends with 3 super mods on there. I got your back pal and I'm trying to find a way.  :tu:

us Offline Mike

• No Life Club
  • Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 06:36:13 PM
A hammer.

Mike
Common sense ..... so rare, it's virtually a super power.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #32 on: January 25, 2012, 10:35:52 PM

Let me think on this Steve and I might have a plan. I'm friends with 3 super mods on there. I got your back pal and I'm trying to find a way.  :tu:

Dare I ask..?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #33 on: January 25, 2012, 10:53:40 PM
A hammer.

Mike
Thanks, Mike. I saw your post earlier and instantly had Peter, Paul, and Mary stuck in my head. I wish I had not seen the post before  :) .
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline Mike

• No Life Club
  • Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
Reply #34 on: January 25, 2012, 11:07:18 PM
A hammer.

Mike
Thanks, Mike. I saw your post earlier and instantly had Peter, Paul, and Mary stuck in my head. I wish I had not seen the post before  :) .

I tried, I really did, for a long time to NOT post that. But it was calling me, beckoning me to do it. Resistance as they say was futile.  :ahhh

Mike
Common sense ..... so rare, it's virtually a super power.

gb Offline badwolf

• No Life Club
  • my best friends a dog
Reply #35 on: February 04, 2012, 02:51:20 AM
...never watched my dad die, wish I had never Identified the body of my younger brother, wish I had never had stupid pointless arguments over nothing, wish I had said... wish, oh I wish, me today, wishing.
"I like me, my wife likes me"

JC PT&A

us Offline tattoosteve99

Wish I had....
Reply #36 on: February 04, 2012, 06:38:32 AM

Dare I ask..?

Def
You may ask in private. But just so all will know....all is well now :)
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #37 on: February 04, 2012, 03:59:07 PM
Lots of desire to continue education here it seems.  :tu:

I love learning and would love to go back to school for something completely different than engineering (PhD in theology).  But the ~$60k and 5 years it would take to get there (plus limited job prospects) just isn't worth it at this point.

I would caution anyone wanting to go back to college to critically examine what that education would get you.  Even though I love learning, and read books on many things as quickly as I can get my hands on them, I don't think going into debt for an education that won't pay off is worth it.

This isn't a blanket statement since there are obviously fields of study that will pay off handsomely.  But, in the US at least, so many people now have bachelors degrees that a college education has been watered down almost to the point of meaninglessness.  Its just another "bubble" like the housing market, IMO.

SO, all that to say; if you really like to learn and aren't looking for a career change, there are many free options out there.  Obviously there is the self-study whatever you like route, but there are others too.

For instance, MIT has a free online site with lots of course materials (from what I understand there is a significant amount of MIT's stuff there.)

There are many other options like that around, too.
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #38 on: February 04, 2012, 05:52:31 PM
I can think of plenty I wish I hadn't done.  We won't go there because it's already done.

I wish I had stayed at my most successful job.  It was extremely hard and stressful on me, but I believe now that it might have paid off much better than what I have now. 

I wish I hadn't bought this stupid house.  If I had never done that the job thing would be a non issue.  I could move and do what I want, for now I am stuck in this house until it sells.

I really wish I had completed my education.  I would likely have a much better career.  I still plan on it but we all know how that goes.

I wish I had visited my aging grandparents more before they moved away.  Now with their age and where they live it's likely I'll never see them again. 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%