Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

EDC Pens

deano42 · 84 · 11558

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Re: EDC Pens
Reply #60 on: November 05, 2009, 07:53:07 PM
Nothing fancy here but GF works as a Pharmacy Tech so get a fair bit of free stuff.  :)
Pens 001.JPG
* Pens 001.JPG (Filesize: 91.6 KB)

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #61 on: November 05, 2009, 08:00:42 PM
Hey!  No risque comments about my new pen.  >:( :D

I must have had my bullet for over 10 years and despite different refills and even different sodding pens I still had the cacky ink bogie issue.  I never liked how they wrote either.  They are great for signing things and little notes, but report writing with one was a PITA and I'd always end up swapping to a 10p biro to finish off what I was writing, which seemed pretty pointless.

I am hoping this will prove to be a vast improvement.  It is certainly more comfortable to hold.
I'm back!!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #62 on: November 05, 2009, 08:05:32 PM
Different strokes for different folks....

If I write anything lengthy I use a fascinating device called a com-pu-ter....  :pok: 

I suppose if I had to write reports by hand I'd probably revert to a gel ink pen, like the Pilot G5, which is what I used to prefer. 

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #63 on: November 05, 2009, 08:09:52 PM
What are those comp things like then?  :think:

Most of the time I have to write reports up by hand in parent meetings etc which are then read and then typed up.  Swapping to a different pen is what I used to do, but it seemed a shame when I carried one on me.  Hopefully I will no longer feel the need.
I'm back!!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #64 on: November 05, 2009, 08:11:53 PM
I checked with Ansgaar and he recommends you contact this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRBIVRwvUeE

I wish I had a lackey to type things up for me....

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #65 on: November 05, 2009, 08:17:39 PM
LOL  :D
I'm back!!

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #66 on: November 05, 2009, 11:34:17 PM
Since the topic came up.

Lamy safari is the user pen. Schrade is more of a gadget/toy, thought about getting space pen refill for it but local shop want $10 so passed. Zebra has been in my wallet before I started EDC a full size pen, but since it's not taking up any additional space it just stayed there.

us Offline texasflyfisher

• I'd rather be fishing
Reply #67 on: November 06, 2009, 12:58:24 AM
I have a couple of Cross pens that were given as gifts that I use during the work week. The main one is a Cross Townsend ballpoint with a black fine point refill. The other, which is my backup that I keep in my laptop bag, is a Cross Century II Select rollerball pen. They are both the all chrome versions.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #68 on: November 06, 2009, 01:48:34 AM
Nothing fancy here, I just use a black Zebra F-301 Ultra pen.  Feels good, write well and I won't cry if I happen to lose one.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #69 on: November 06, 2009, 02:08:00 AM
I bought a Zebra pen on Saturday at about 3pm. By about 5pm it wqs my daughter's  ::)

How is it that daughters get absolutely everything they want? I've lost several Leatherman tools, the now infamous Green Cadet, pens, keyrings and god knows what else to my daughter. The annoying thing is that I'm usually pleased at the time, like she's done me a favour :D

So, I'll probably pick up another at the weekend.....
I used to come here a lot.

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Reply #70 on: November 06, 2009, 02:51:38 AM
I bought a Zebra pen on Saturday at about 3pm. By about 5pm it wqs my daughter's  ::)

How is it that daughters get absolutely everything they want? I've lost several Leatherman tools, the now infamous Green Cadet, pens, keyrings and god knows what else to my daughter. The annoying thing is that I'm usually pleased at the time, like she's done me a favour :D

So, I'll probably pick up another at the weekend.....
LOL!  I do the same thing to my dad, Dave.  Over the years he has lost a Vic Climber, a Vic rally, gerber crusader, 2 gerber 400MP, a Benchmade Ascent (he actually gave that one to me), too many pens and carabiners to count, a desk chair, and about 5 chamois shirts.  :)  I'm sure if you ask him there's a lot more.  But he also stole my gerber Radius and my LM knife (don't remember which one that was).  :)  I asked him once if it bothered him and he said no that sometimes it gave him an excuse to go get something else to try.  :) 
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #71 on: November 06, 2009, 02:54:11 AM
There you go you see. I rest my case!

I don't mind really, it just bothers me how weak I am :D

I used to come here a lot.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #72 on: November 06, 2009, 02:55:21 AM
A BM Ascent?  Wow, I haven't seen one of those in years.  I had one of the original ones, back when they were still called the Eclipse, before they realized that was infringing on a copyright name for another knife.

Have you still got it?  :D

Def

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Reply #73 on: November 06, 2009, 04:05:25 AM
A BM Ascent?  Wow, I haven't seen one of those in years.  I had one of the original ones, back when they were still called the Eclipse, before they realized that was infringing on a copyright name for another knife.

Have you still got it?  :D

Def
Yep, I sure do.  Nice and sharp too.  :)  I'll post pics. :)
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

us Offline Stormdrane

• No Life Club
  • Be Prepared
Reply #74 on: March 15, 2018, 03:54:47 PM

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #75 on: March 15, 2018, 05:08:13 PM

Assorted edc pen collection... by David Hopper (Stormdrane), on Flickr
Dang did you open an old folder, I don’t even think half of the members are even still on here, but love the collection! Especially that very bottom one that’s NICE!!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Stormdrane

• No Life Club
  • Be Prepared
Reply #76 on: March 15, 2018, 05:28:25 PM

Dang did you open an old folder, I don’t even think half of the members are even still on here, but love the collection! Especially that very bottom one that’s NICE!!
JR

Maybe those  old members will get an email notification on the thread and find their way back into the MultiTool.org fold, hehehe.  ;)

The titanium pen is definitely the odd one out, price wise in the collection, although it uses a Fisher Space Pen refill like some of the others.  Most of the pens are sub $10 range, and I'll replace the original ink cartridge with a Fisher refill, if one will fit.  I feel like I'm splurging if I spend $15-$20 or more on a pen unless it's a gift for a friend or family member.  I'll still just pocket carry a Bic Cristal much of the time, although I always test scribble 'em first to make sure they're writing, lol...

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #77 on: March 15, 2018, 09:57:24 PM
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #78 on: March 15, 2018, 10:01:22 PM
I'm a big fan of the Fischer bullet pens, but I've lost a few, so I consider them as being less reliable.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #79 on: March 15, 2018, 10:10:01 PM
Losing something often doesn’t mean that it’s unreliable, it means that you need a better carry method.  :whistle: :D
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #80 on: March 15, 2018, 10:36:47 PM
Losing something often doesn’t mean that it’s unreliable, it means that you need a better carry method.  :whistle: :D

and because of that, the Pen goes in the pocket of my trusty LM sheath

even cheap ones!

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #81 on: March 15, 2018, 10:44:01 PM

No, no, no.  :rant:

Tools have to be able to adapt to me, not me to them.  :rant:

My father taught me that if something was stuck, you just hit it. If it didn't become unstuck, you just hit it harder. If it then broke, it needed replacing anyway.  Did you fail to notice I'm from the USA?  :think:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #82 on: March 15, 2018, 10:51:38 PM
Typical American. :whistle:

Except for the part about breaking stuff. That sounds like me. :facepalm:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 10:52:58 PM by Pablo O'Brien »
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club