Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bucktool - What I should know.

tosh · 41 · 14660

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Bucktool - What I should know.
Reply #30 on: February 15, 2012, 12:13:21 AM
Wow, I've never even seen one of those before!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #31 on: February 15, 2012, 04:51:50 AM
Buck made approximately 1000 of the 355 BuckLites (shown in previous post) with the same measuring scales on both handles before they caught the mistake.

Buck switched washer materials in the handles. Buck ended up making several thousand tools with a clear washer. The first tools had a black washer as do the newer tools. Look in between the implements at the rivet end and you should be able to tell if the washers are black or clear.
 I did not find dates or quantities for this one.
I do have one 360 with the clear washers. It is the 360 in Reply#16 (no nail nick) of this thread. It is difficult to tell but if you have one of each there is a noticeable difference.

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 06:27:23 AM
LB I just looked at all my BuckTools and they all have black washers.   :)
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

Offline vanzijlp

• New User
Reply #33 on: June 02, 2012, 02:16:37 AM
LB I just looked at all my BuckTools and they all have black washers.   :)
Hi Longbow,
I have just bought a 355 at a garage Sale for $NZ2! I'm into outdoors - fishing spear fishing tramping, camping and do a lot of handyman stuff around the house, so this looks like an amazing jack of all trades :) What are the blades for?
Cheers Philip

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #34 on: June 02, 2012, 04:06:56 AM
There's a NIB Bucktool with sheath at the local sporting goods store.  I keep trying to justify shelling out for it, but just can't bring myself to put out $80 for it.  I know, that goes against everything this forum stands for.  :facepalm:  Maybe next week, we'll see how the OT situation plays out at work.......
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #35 on: June 02, 2012, 04:56:56 AM
JD, there's a knife dealer that will be at the local gun show in two or three weeks that should still have a... Bucklite (or it might be the full size tool, I forget) still NIB for like $50.  They've not sold it in the several years I've been buying stuff from them.

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #36 on: June 02, 2012, 09:33:05 PM
Good to see there is still interest in the BuckTools. If you watch the BIG online auction sites you can still find some good deals on BuckTools.

vanzijlp great deal on your BuckTool. Here is a picture with a description of the tools.

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #37 on: June 02, 2012, 09:34:36 PM
There's a NIB Bucktool with sheath at the local sporting goods store.  I keep trying to justify shelling out for it, but just can't bring myself to put out $80 for it.  I know, that goes against everything this forum stands for.  :facepalm:  Maybe next week, we'll see how the OT situation plays out at work.......

Some times I see them sell for less how ever that is about the going rate for a new in the box 360 BuckTool.

Offline vanzijlp

• New User
Reply #38 on: June 06, 2012, 09:50:21 AM
Good to see there is still interest in the BuckTools. If you watch the BIG online auction sites you can still find some good deals on BuckTools.

vanzijlp great deal on your BuckTool. Here is a picture with a description of the tools.

(Image removed from quote.)
Cheers for that, Longbow! It was the lanyard thingy that I could not work out.  How would one use it?
Philip

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #39 on: June 07, 2012, 06:32:00 AM
 vanzijlp 
  Lanyard loops are made for attaching a carrying implement or safety attachment to a tool.

Offline vanzijlp

• New User
Reply #40 on: June 08, 2012, 07:17:43 AM
  :facepalm: oops! I had visions of a tying tool for binding the lanyard. Thanks for that. I am so impressed with the steel - I have never been a stainless fan for knives, but this one sharpened to a fine, razor sharp edge. I am a Bucktool convert!  I've just given my old faithful Taylor's Lambfoot to my son...
Cheers,
Philip ( from a wintry NZ)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69