Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I need an o-ring for my v2 embassy pen

Offline thatroubleshootah

• New User
on: February 07, 2012, 03:34:48 AM
Hi everyone, I sent an email to county comm but have not heard back and thought you guys might be able to help me out.

The tiny o-ring that sits behind the pen refill inside the pen went missing the last time I changed refills. Now the refill kind of slides back and forth within the barrel.  I need a replacement for the o-ring. Short of that I need to know the dimensions of the o-ring so I can order it online. Note that this is not the oring that fits around the outside of the pen. It is the tiny one that acts as a spacer inside the barrel.

Thanks

• New User
Re: I need an o-ring for my v2 embassy pen
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 03:49:57 AM
Here is a pic. The o-ring is the tiny black dot next to the barrel.
O-Ring Detail.jpg
* O-Ring Detail.jpg (Filesize: 20.71 KB)

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 04:17:40 AM
Your local discount hardware store may sell big box of o-ring for very cheap and have the size you need. Something like harbor freight.

• New User
Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 04:48:18 AM
I checked home depot and they did not have anything small enough. I would order it online if I knew which size to order. If anyone has one of these pens and could tell me the dimensions that would be great.

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 04:58:24 AM
Go to a non-big box hardware store, look for the parts bins. Probably in the back. If you take the pen and show it to an old guy, he'll probably be able to find you the needed part in about 30 seconds. :)
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline David

Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 06:58:04 PM
I lost my o-ring also. I just made a spacer out of some plastic. Most any thing will work for a spacer it`s not much of a gap that needs filled up.   :)
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

Offline mcmc

Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 01:31:48 AM
I lost my o-ring also. I just made a spacer out of some plastic. Most any thing will work for a spacer it`s not much of a gap that needs filled up.   :)

Yup, I wouldn't sweat trying to track down that exact o-ring. CC probably had a bunch of those extras or sourced a cheap supply.

Bunch of folks over on EDCF just cut a rubberband down to size and shoved it in there.
If you were really wanting to be careful, you could put a dab of glue between the end of the Fisher refill and the spacer (rubberband or otherwise) so that you could always be guaranteed to be able to get it back out.

Main thing is to use something squishy so that the tip has a little give.

Also, if you stack two pieces of rubber band, then the tip will protrude a little more. Some people like that because it gives them a clearer view of the page. Like if they're drawing, for instance.

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 06:15:28 PM
If someone could get me a close size I have a ton of small super tough small orings I'll send a couple to y'all for the price of a postage stamp. :cheers:
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD
18%