Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Can I add a utility blade on a Wave/Surge clone?

Offline Patrick Laverde

• New User
Can I add a utility blade on a Wave/Surge clone?
on: July 23, 2023, 07:32:24 PM
Hi Guys! My first time posting here :)

A while ago I saw someone put a utility blade on a Leatherman MUT, which has a very large blade, what I wanted to know is if it would be possible to add one of these blades (like the cheap folding workpro ones) on a chinese multitool wave clone or surge clone, like the fantasticar or another one with the big scissors.
For my work I use utility blades, scissors, and pliers a lot, so having all three in one multitool would be perfect. I have a Daicamping D12 wave clone and I checked the dimensions and the utility blade would not fit as it would catch the closing pliers, so I would like to know if any of you would know if the surge clone other wave clones(Splitman/Bercol/Atech/Fantasticar) model would be big enough to fit the utility blade, or any other Chinese multitool (I don't live in the USA and for me it would be too expensive to buy a Leatherman just to make this mod)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Can I add a utility blade on a Wave/Surge clone?
Reply #1 on: July 24, 2023, 03:06:35 PM
Welcome to :MTO: :cheers:

If you find a close enough clone you may be able to make it work with one of the available holders but I am not sure what all you would have to do to make one work otherwise :dunno: Good luck in the modding and I hope you find a solution :tu:

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Can I add a utility blade on a Wave/Surge clone?
Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 07:41:39 PM
Yes you can add one. There are some designs at a 3d printing place called Shapeways. This place is great and a few members here also are creators. Just search leatherman. I know metro and tofty (forum names) are there.
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%