Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fuse and Kick Models

us Offline Mike 208

Fuse and Kick Models
on: February 08, 2012, 04:15:01 AM
I don't know if this is old news, but I just checked the Leatherman website and found the Fuse and Kick models are now listed as officially retired.  The Blast is still listed as a production model.

If anyone wants a new Fuse or Kick, now would probably be a good time to track one down.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Re: Fuse and Kick Models
Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 05:26:41 AM
I have a feeling with the Rebar coming that Leatherman will probably discontinue the Blast as well.  Bummer for me because the Blast is my all time fave MT, and I haven't seen the Rebar so I can't say whether it will edge the blast out.  I may pick up another spare blast soon, especially now that it's little brothers have bit the big one.

us Offline nelg

• Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar ??
Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 03:21:45 AM
I saw the Kick and Fuse at Menards. They also had camo Fuse. They say as soon as they put the Rebar out the Blast is done.

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 04:23:59 AM
I love the Kick, Fuse and Blast trilogy, and they have an honored position in my hoard of, I mean multitool collection.  Hate to see some or all of them disappear, but so it goes.

au Offline JCK

Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 01:22:29 PM
It seems that the black oxide versions are not yet listed as retired.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 01:28:08 PM
 :salute:  to a great series of tools.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

IzzyJG99

Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 10:37:16 PM
The good news at least is you'll probably be seeing Fuse and Kicks' (and possibly later Blasts) showing up for the Holidays in blister packs being sold with some of their folding knives for like $30 bucks. They've done this before. My Wal-Mart was selling Blasts paired with C301 Folding knives four Christmas's ago for $30. Two Christmas's ago Lowes was selling Fuses paired with Micra's in a blister pack for $24.99. I picked one up and the Micra's date stamp in it was from 2001.

I think it's how they clear out their stock of retired products. Blister pack them out and sell them at cost or something.

It'll be a shame if they get rid of the Fuse, Kick and Blast. I think they're really nice and I did a featured video on them over at my blog/youtube page. For the money I think the Blast is probably one of the best MT's they make.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 10:41:20 PM
The good news at least is you'll probably be seeing Fuse and Kicks' (and possibly later Blasts) showing up for the Holidays in blister packs being sold with some of their folding knives for like $30 bucks. They've done this before. My Wal-Mart was selling Blasts paired with C301 Folding knives four Christmas's ago for $30. Two Christmas's ago Lowes was selling Fuses paired with Micra's in a blister pack for $24.99. I picked one up and the Micra's date stamp in it was from 2001.

I think it's how they clear out their stock of retired products. Blister pack them out and sell them at cost or something.

It'll be a shame if they get rid of the Fuse, Kick and Blast. I think they're really nice and I did a featured video on them over at my blog/youtube page. For the money I think the Blast is probably one of the best MT's they make.

:cheers:

I will be looking forward to the release of uber cheap Blast blister packs.  I will buy as many as I can.  Since I know it's a rock solid tool that I can do anything with, I am comfortable owning multiples of it.   

IzzyJG99

Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 10:50:23 PM
I will be looking forward to the release of uber cheap Blast blister packs.  I will buy as many as I can.  Since I know it's a rock solid tool that I can do anything with, I am comfortable owning multiples of it.

If I come across any blister packs of Blasts in 2013 (A guess, really) and they're selling for $24.99? I'll get two for myself and three to probably use as trade items. I am getting in the habit of stocking up on a few specific model MT's along with Mini Griptilians and they're basically trading currency.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 11:14:15 PM
I love buying trade fodder.  :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00