Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Craftsman 4-way keychain driver

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Craftsman 4-way keychain driver
on: September 15, 2012, 10:03:38 PM
I was at Sears the other day, and came across a box of these little suckers at 99 cents each....

Needless to say, in true MT.O fashion I bought five of them.  :)  One's on my keychain, and another has gone to my brother.  I did a quick search on the site but there doesn't seem to be much on these floating around.  I did see the Powerful Pete threads, basically the same thing.  It seems like it will be a useful addition to my keychain, along with my Executive and P-51.  Anyone else carry or use one of these?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 10:25:49 PM by jerseydevil »
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Craftsman 4-way keychain dfirver
Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 10:15:43 PM
I use mine at work as there perfect for shutting off isolation valves on knackered plumbing :tu:

Damn good value for less than a dollar :tu:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline GNandGS

Re: Craftsman 4-way keychain driver
Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 01:11:14 AM
They used to include them with Tool sets "back in the day".  Not sure about now.

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 04:19:30 AM
They used to include them with Tool sets "back in the day".  Not sure about now.

They're still included in some of the larger screwdriver sets, but not all. :tu:

I pick them up from flea markets and the like when I can find new ones for around 50 cents or less, but I get them from Sears once in a while, too.

us Offline getahl

Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 05:49:45 AM
I have two of the Sears ones; bought one, oh, four years ago or so. I can't say it has proved invaluable, but it has tightened more than a few cabinet handles and knobs, and a couple light switch covers. It normally rides in my wallet because it is flat.

The second I bought as a back up, just because.

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 03:49:23 AM
I keep those in all of our cars as they're very handy. When I was a kid that was my first proper keychain tool. I guess I had the bug even back then.   :D
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 08:00:34 PM
I have one on my keychain.

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 06:59:13 PM
I keep one in my wallet along with a P-38, as my travel tools for planes. So far they haven't caused a probelm flying, but they have come in very handy several times.
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 07:08:28 PM
It sure has been a useful little thing.  :tu:  My most carried SAKs tend to be Wengers, so I'm missing the small driver on the can opener.  The Craftsman has taken up that slack rather nicely actually....
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 11:14:57 PM
If you file the edges of the smallest driver on the Sears tool, it fits the most common number 2 phiilips perfectly. I've filed the one edge of the biggest driver to a mild chisel edge, so it makes a good scraper for stickers and decals and stuff.

You can also pop off a beer cap if you use the BIC lighter method.

au Offline Cyclone82

Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 12:55:16 PM
Ahhhh i bought 4 of these that came with a mini screw driver for $8 each that were labeled craftsman sears made in USA. Wish i only paid 50 cents. If i like these i might see if one of you guys can get me some cheapies.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 01:02:55 PM by Cyclone82 »

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 02:35:34 PM
Ahhhh i bought 4 of these that came with a mini screw driver for $8 each that were labeled craftsman sears made in USA. Wish i only paid 50 cents. If i like these i might see if one of you guys can get me some cheapies.

Just let me know if you would like any and I'll forward some.  Still haven't seen them for $0.50, though; cheapest I've found on sale has been $0.89. :/

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 07:34:48 PM

Just let me know if you would like any and I'll forward some.  Still haven't seen them for $0.50, though; cheapest I've found on sale has been $0.89. :/

Sears usally has they new in the tool department for .99 cents.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 07:53:54 PM

Sears usally has they new in the tool department for .99 cents.

Yep, my local Sears has them just sitting in a box on a shelf in the same aisle as the other drivers.  Next time I'm over there I have to grab a handful.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%