Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What a weekend...

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
What a weekend...
on: February 13, 2012, 04:30:02 PM
Cold, snowy gave way to coldER windy. 

My daughter brought her new boyfriend home to the farm.  Nice young guy, but my daughter promised him we'd go shoot guns, so out in the cold, we punched holes in paper until our hands were completely numb.  Shot a couple old hard drives while we were there (they say physical destruction is the only way to assure information security... :D

That was after doing the barn work because the BossLady had to get the house prepped (they came up early Saturday, although we thought they were coming in the late afternoon). 

Then it was hot, fried food time.  Deep fried chicken and beer batter fish.  Then the obligatory beers and Jameson.

Sunday brought the coldest weather of the year.  My daughter had promised that her boyfriend could hike out at our place and that it would be a real workout, so despite low temps and high winds (upto 50 mph gusts), we headed out to the powerline trails.  The boyfriend has been training with 50-60 lb packs but I suspected he'd only been on well groomed flattish National park trails.  Not on Sunday.  6.5 miles of steep, rough trails.  We got back, he took a nap and I had to go down to the barn and help do barn work.

Thank God it's Monday.  I need the break.  :P

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: What a weekend...
Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 04:44:04 PM
If I asked my father in law to leave the house for anything on a nice day I'd be completely ignored, or at best get a lame excuse.  Hiking in foul weather would never happen- but to clarify, hiking in any weather, or anything in any weather is usually also off the table for us.... unless they need something in which case my wife can't make me jump fast enough.

I hope she keeps this one for a while because you sure don't want to have to try and break in another one any time soon!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD
44%