Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I can't believe it....but I did it.

Splat · 11 · 1807

us Offline Splat

I can't believe it....but I did it.
on: January 25, 2008, 10:59:08 PM
I sold the Vic Spirit. After all the hemming and hawing I did about the drivers, the Phillips in particular, I went ahead and bought one. Now after having it for many months I sold it to a guy I work with.  I'll tell you why I sold it.
(1) The Phillips driver and a knife blade are the two tools I use the most at my p/t job and my own business. The drivers were OK but the Core's drivers are better and longer.
(2) I like having both serrated and non-serrated blades in the LM Core, whereas the Spirit only has the 1 blade. It worked fine when called upon, but I guess I got used to having both in the Core.
(3) When I dropped the Spirit a few times off a ladder I really cringed when it hit the ground. It's too pretty to use!  ::)
(4) I found myself EDCing the LM Core more than the Spirit.... almost all the time I'd go to the Core.

Am I sad or regret selling it? No but I can honestly say if Vic made the drivers better & longer I probably would buy another then. Until that time I'm happy with the Core. I still wish it was outside-opening though.   :P :D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 11:01:48 PM by Splat »
Splat

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: I can't believe it....but I did it.
Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 11:05:05 PM
Each to there own mate, I love my spirit but it'd be a dull ole world if everyone did :)

At least you gave it a go :cheers:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 11:30:55 PM
At least you tried. I'm confused (happens alot), my spirit has two blades, one spear point plain edge and one snub serrated?

Offline TWBryan

Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 11:34:18 PM
Whichdog-You have Spirit S model,the standard Spirit has scissors and serrated butterknife.
T

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 11:36:40 PM
I thought he wished "any" spirit had them!

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 11:38:16 PM
It's comforting to know that the Core competes and beats Vic multis for some. You hear so much raving for Swisstools that you start to wonder what the other guys are doing wrong.

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 11:40:29 PM
(it's working guys, now they all won't be buying our Vics! :pok:)

Offline Biru

Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 05:15:01 AM
No crime Splat.

I LOVE my Swisstool, but I carry an old-style Wave. I like the one-hand opening blade.
Leatherman's Phillips screwdrivers are very good. I actually like them better than any other brand.

Vic's tools are nearly too pretty to use.

Offline Mike D

Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 06:43:00 AM
I carry my SwissTool often its right near the top as one of my favorites for sure. My Spirit on the other hand sees almost no carry time, it just feels small and fragile in my hand and consequently doesn't inspire confidence it can take on the more abusive jobs its bigger brother can, or almost any Leatherman for that matter. It also seems to have stiffer springs then the Swisstool, or maybe slightly shorter implements making the springs feel stiffer than the Swisstool?, but getting the tools out for fingernail challenged folk ilike me is almost painful.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 07:26:49 AM
Don't worry Splat, if the Spirit wasn't for you, it wasn't for you. I like the Spirit for it's great build quality and nice looks, but I like you found myself not carrying it very much. I didn't really care for the serrated blade and didn't want to carry another knife around with the Spirit. I also don't really care for belt sheaths and tend to carry multis with pocket clip like the Wave and Charge tools. So I modded my Spirit with a J-sews type pocket clip and removed the serrations form the blade. I EDCed it for a while now that it was more to my liking. But missed having the one-handed blade like the Charge and Wave. So....the Spirit now sits with it's collection buddies and the Charge is clipped on my pocket.

The good thing is that there is many choices like the Core for you that we can all find a tool that we like. Maybe someday some one will make a perfect Multitool. One can dream right.
"

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 10:59:08 AM
I carry my SwissTool often its right near the top as one of my favorites for sure. My Spirit on the other hand sees almost no carry time, it just feels small and fragile in my hand and consequently doesn't inspire confidence it can take on the more abusive jobs its bigger brother can, or almost any Leatherman for that matter.

The very reason I sold mine .

Dunc

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24