Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Livarno, Romisen, C8, Small Sun cheap HID torches

dks · 218 · 50752

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: Livarno, Romisen, C8, Small Sun cheap HID torches
Reply #180 on: April 07, 2021, 09:23:29 AM
Jetbeam Mini One SE

This is another small keychain light, available with a metal or plastic opaque body and metal head (SS). It is also available from Nitecore, with lower power output - Nitecore Tiki. (Nitecore and Jetbeam are related, from what I know, part of Sysmax)

Having an internal battery and an on/off button helps it to be quite small, comparable to an AA battery.

Specifications can be found here : http://www.jetbeamlight.com/products_show318.html

The turbo output is 500LM (30s) and it has regular modes from 200 to 1LM (could have been lower). Nice white beam.

I have included some comparison photographs with the Tank007E09. The beam comparisons are done with both on High, Tank at 120 and Mini at 200LM. The Mini has a hotter central spot and more spread.

The light brings many functions of cheaper. fun, lights to  a product made by a real company.

It has, in addition to the standard beam, 4 extra lights on its side.

3 are powerful (150LM) coloured LEDs (R, G, B) that can flash in sequence. This function is useful when walking (the reason I got this light) or for parties....
You can also have just the red LED flashing, like a beacon, just the red or blue on etc.

1 is a UV light, reasonably bright that can be used for various tasks, like checking the cleanliness of toilets, checking money and so on.

You access the main modes by number of clicks and then change through the variants with longer clicks. Easy and simple.

Why did I get the plastic bodied one instead of the metal bodied one?

The plastic one luminesces in the dark (like watch dials). The metal one does not.

When you use the coloured LEDs in the plastic one, you get light form all around the body of the light, making you more visible. With the metal one, if you accidentally cover the LEDs with your finger or body then  you will not get any light coming out.

The plastic one is cheaper - about 18USD should get you one to Europe, whereas the metal one is a few USDs more, usually

However, the metal one looks fancier/classier and should be tougher.

DSC00328.JPG
* DSC00328.JPG (Filesize: 221.08 KB)
DSC00320.JPG
* DSC00320.JPG (Filesize: 67.93 KB)
DSC00324.JPG
* DSC00324.JPG (Filesize: 133.17 KB)
DSC00327.JPG
* DSC00327.JPG (Filesize: 174.5 KB)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 11:26:05 AM by dks »
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #181 on: April 07, 2021, 09:24:22 AM
UV light
DSC00330.JPG
* DSC00330.JPG (Filesize: 122.17 KB)
DSC00323.JPG
* DSC00323.JPG (Filesize: 213.72 KB)

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #182 on: April 07, 2021, 01:49:39 PM
You miss me here? ;)

Some interesting lights, I like that BLF one with the 4 parallel cell setup, but I'd prefer it to be a flood light for photographing large dark spaces.

And the last keychain light is cute. It wouldn't push out my old trusty ITP A3 SS off of my keychain but it would be a nice toy to play with ;)

Also nice to see you still loving the Tank, I'm guessing it's your favourite keychain light still, right?

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #183 on: April 07, 2021, 02:16:39 PM
You and Gareth keep this thread alive.

The tanks never die, I just replace them occasionally with something fancier on keychains.

I still have the original 3 or 4 that I bought and they work as new. That one has been continuously on the keychain for several years.

There are a few new BLF lights available too, but I am generally happy with what I currently have - though I did go to BLF a few days ago and ended up ordering another light.....

The only light that needed replacing in the past few years was the nitecore tip.

The runtime, beam quality and brightness you can get from the newer lights is impressive, especially compared to what you were getting about 10 years ago

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #184 on: April 07, 2021, 04:28:08 PM
I have one of those Tanks in the collection but rarely carry it, still works great though and I understand why you like it so much.

I know the BLF specials can be very nice, I have a BLF Mini CR123 and the Starry Light SA-22 BLF Edition I think you also have, with the 4xAA setup and they are great bang for the buck. But I don't go to BLF anymore that often so am not familiar with what the newest offering is.

I found my sweet spot both in multitools, SAKs and flashlights some time ago and am not searching for the newest best thing anymore as I used to. But it's nice to read your views on them, you know I enjoy these posts a lot.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #185 on: April 07, 2021, 06:01:20 PM
I go to BLF once a year... usually end up buying something.

The starry light works well too, apart from some discolouration/deposits in the lens, which can not be easily removed to be cleaned.

I though it had some problems a few weeks ago, but it just needed a new set of batteries as the old ones, eneloops were not charging properly.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #186 on: April 08, 2021, 01:46:47 PM
You and Gareth keep this thread alive.

Glad to be of service.  :D

The new Jetbeam looks like update of the Tiki for sure.  Different charging port, LEDs and different UI.  I like the idea of it being glow in the dark too.  I've had my Tiki on my keys nearly every day of the last 10 months and honestly I can't see a single blemish on the plastic.

Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #187 on: April 08, 2021, 01:57:08 PM
The actual high on the TIKI is higher, 300LM instead of 200, though the Turbo on the Mini is 500.
The Tiki also has a bigger battery, and noticeably better, on paper, runtimes.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #188 on: April 08, 2021, 03:19:21 PM
I was thinking that the turbo was rated at more than 200 when I bought mine. :)

Looking at the two I suspect that I'd still buy the Tiki over the One SE.  However that's a matter of preference and each to their own.  The Rovyvon range is worth a look too but, again, the specific features of the Tiki seemed to suit me best.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #189 on: April 08, 2021, 03:50:16 PM
Turbo on MINI 500LM (as long as you keep the button pressed), regular high 200
on the Tiki, no turbo but regular high is 300LM

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #190 on: April 22, 2021, 09:34:48 AM
After wandering into BLF I ended up ordering a couple more lights. This is one.

Sofirn D35S.

Sofirn seems to be fashionable these days and gets decent reviews (This happens with many companies that appear for a while, make good products and sometimes just disappear - hopefully they will stay)

This was just over 15 USD delivered to me in 2 weeks from China. I ordered from their website, which seems to have the best prices.
Came in a branded box with an A4 English manual.
No branding on the light, which seems to be sold under other names too.

Specifications:
Emitter: SST40
Material: Aircraft-grade 6063 Aluminium Alloy
Nominal voltage: 3.7V
Power Source: 1x 18650 rechargeable battery
Dimension: 86mm (length) × 25mm (head diameter)
Weight: 2.9 ounces (Excluding battery)
Five Light Modes:
Low: 70LM; Medium 1: 120LM; Medium 2: 300LM; High: 600LM; Turbo: 1200LM
Also, Strobe and Beacon. Simple interface with one button.

I ordered the version with the battery, branded Sofirn, though I do not know who makes it. The version with the battery was cheaper than the one without, at the time.
Comes with a simple but effective headband.

The light can be adjusted for angle whilst on your head.

Feels reasonably light. I used it for half an hour working on a car and it felt fine.

It comes with USB charging. The charger contained in the light charged the battery to around 4.10V, using a 0.5V USB suply. I was able to add another 200mAh using an external charger. The charging point is nicely hidden by a cap, which you unscrew to use it – see photographs.
If you do not care about the extra mAh the included charger is fine as it slightly undercharges, which does not do the battery any damage.
The battery can be removed easily for charging, though the screw cap for the battery feels really thin, reminding me of screw caps on cigar tubes. I assume this was done to save weight, but it does not feel very strong.

For some reason they went with two LEDs, though they could have used one as the total output is not that high.
So, the LEDs should be pretty unstressed and last long.

The beam is wide, as the orange peel reflectors are quite small. Slightly green, but not noticeable in actual use.
In the photographs you see a comparison with a BLF nide that produces about the same maximum brightness.

They could have saved more weight by having one LED and no USB charging, I assume.
Anodisation is good.
The Low is not that low at 70Lm – this is what bright incandescent lights used to make remember….
Appears very “industrial”. No effort was made to make it look nice.

Good light for well under 20USD, from a maker with good reputation. Good shipping too – these days it takes longer to get something from within Europe than from China.
IMG_7307.JPG
* IMG_7307.JPG (Filesize: 243.58 KB)
IMG_7309.JPG
* IMG_7309.JPG (Filesize: 165.46 KB)
IMG_7310.JPG
* IMG_7310.JPG (Filesize: 208.21 KB)
IMG_7315.JPG
* IMG_7315.JPG (Filesize: 136.89 KB)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #191 on: April 22, 2021, 09:41:44 AM
IMG_7321.JPG
* IMG_7321.JPG (Filesize: 208.38 KB)
IMG_7324.JPG
* IMG_7324.JPG (Filesize: 154.48 KB)
IMG_7327.JPG
* IMG_7327.JPG (Filesize: 143.17 KB)
IMG_7328.JPG
* IMG_7328.JPG (Filesize: 255.98 KB)

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #192 on: April 22, 2021, 11:31:13 AM
This looked cool and interesting until I saw the reflectors. Why two orange peel ones? :think: Seems like a waisted opportunity to make it a much more versatile light. One orange peel for flood and one smooth for throw. But that would probably require an additional switch and be a tad more expensive.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #193 on: April 22, 2021, 11:57:39 AM
They do sell some with varying reflectors/LEDs on the same light.
It works well, but it is floody.
The cost of the battery alone is near the total cost of the light, so I can not complain.
I think you should be able to polish one of the reflectors if you want, though the LEDs will still be on together

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #194 on: August 07, 2021, 10:34:35 AM
Sofirn DF60

I got a new diving light which arrived a few days ago.
This is the second one they sent me as the first one, ordered in April, is still stuck in Netherlands customs for some reason, possibly lost.

From the website:

Product Specifications:
Weight: 230g/ 8.1oz (excluding battery)
Length: 57.1in/145cm
Diameter.: 20.9in/53cm(head), 12.2in/31cm(tube)
Material: aluminum alloy
Power: 2*26650 rechargeable battery
LED model: CREE XP-L2 LED
Waterproof rating: IPX-8, underwater 150m

https://www.sofirnlight.com/products/sofirn-df60-powerful-6000-lumen-flashlight6-cree-xpl2-leds-diving-torch-underwater-powered-by-26650-or-18650

By arriving late it means that I did not have it for the dives I wanted to use it for (small caves) but I will use it properly soon.

Nice floody beam, rotating power selection bezel, double o-rings.

I got the package model that came with batteries and an OKish charger.

Feels solid and the rotating ring rotates easily.

The brightness levels are preselected, no ramping, and the low is not very low. 350Lm

It has no cooling fins and gets really hot quickly, out of the water.

Definitely designed for use in water where it will be nicely cooled, on highest power

The selection bezel moves easily, so it will be possible to turn it on accidentally.

I compared the beam with the Q8 BLF that uses 4 18650s

The D60 is brighter but not hugely.

I included a size comparison photograph with the Q8 and the TR-3T6 (with 2 18650s), as well as a battery comparison photograph with AA, C, 18650 batteries.

The batteries are OK, though they seem to come out of the light at different voltages, so they are not brilliantly matched - they are running in series so you would expect them to have the same voltage after use.

The included batteries rattle in the light. No effect on the light.

The light can be used with 18650s, for less running time and it came with two adaptors for that.

I assume it will not leak....

IMG_7583.JPG
* IMG_7583.JPG (Filesize: 315.54 KB)
IMG_7564.JPG
* IMG_7564.JPG (Filesize: 377.72 KB)
IMG_7574.JPG
* IMG_7574.JPG (Filesize: 125.77 KB)
IMG_7578.JPG
* IMG_7578.JPG (Filesize: 205.63 KB)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #195 on: September 28, 2021, 08:26:10 AM
A very cheap head lamp available from various shops. About $3
Two light sources for wide and narrow beam, ramping, about 300Lm claimed.

Magnetic end, USB charging with included 18650 battery (that can be replaced with some work with a branded one).

For the money you get a lot.

Plastic light, body, with the charging point being hidden under the control button flap.

Had it for over a month and it seems robust enough.

Comparison photograph with a more expensive headlamp included
IMG_7627.JPG
* IMG_7627.JPG (Filesize: 121.81 KB)
IMG_7626.JPG
* IMG_7626.JPG (Filesize: 125.19 KB)
IMG_7630.JPG
* IMG_7630.JPG (Filesize: 64.18 KB)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #196 on: September 28, 2021, 08:35:43 AM
Sofirn SP33 V3.0

a reasonably small/short light with good brightness. Around $30

Specifications from here: https://sofirnlight.myshoplaza.com/products/sofirn-sp33-v30-3500-lumens-rechargeable-flashlight-cree-xhp502-led-torch-powered-by-26650-battery-or-18650-not-included

※ Sofirn SP33 V3 uses CREE XHP50B 3V LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
※ Working Voltage: 3V-4.2V
※ Battery Options: One 26650 Li-ion battery
※ Dimension: 126.6mm (length)× 37.5mm (head diameter)
※ Weight: 144±1 gram (without batteries)
※ Flashlight body: Aerospace grade 6061 grade aluminum alloy hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish to get solid built body
※ Toughened mineral glass lens
※ The waterproof level: IPX8
※ Protect from improper battery installation
※ Mode Memory : Last mode remembered  (except Turbo and Strobe)
※ Advanced Temperature Regulation (ATR) technology: the brightness level will adjust automatically when the temperature goes up or down, there are 3 lines: 45℃, 55℃, 65℃, the higher the temperature is, the more the brightness will drop to prevent overheating. When the temperature is low enough, the brightness goes up again automatically.
※ Power Indicator: Each time the light is turned on, the battery level indicator will automatically display the battery status for 5 seconds.

I ordered it with a battery

Works well, reasonably slim and light (could be carried easily in a pocket)

The power button is not easy to feel and I usually pres the USB charging point cover instead, as it feels more like an on/off button

a comparison shot with the similarly sized BLF model is included.

I have used it as bit and it is fine. I may use it as a bike light.
IMG_7638.JPG
* IMG_7638.JPG (Filesize: 112.39 KB)
IMG_7639.JPG
* IMG_7639.JPG (Filesize: 116.36 KB)
IMG_7641.JPG
* IMG_7641.JPG (Filesize: 100.8 KB)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #197 on: February 01, 2022, 09:40:45 AM
D25 XML T6 headlamp

This is very similar to the Sofirn D25S, with the main difference being the emitters that are stated as CREE XML T6  (they have a green surround around the LED) as opposed to the SST40  of the Sofirn.

The overall look, operation and finish is very similar, if not identical and they could have both been made by the same factory.

It arrives in a cardboard box with D25 on, as the only branding.

The beam has less tint, compared to the Sofirn, and is less bright, at all settings. I would think it has about 1000Lm.

This is cheaper than the Sofirn, but the Sofirn was a lot cheaper a few months ago. Currently and for all practical purposes it performs similarly, for less money. It is about 14 Euro, without the battery, whereas the Sofirn approaches 20.

The Sofirn is better, and you should get that, if the price for both is close.

Similar charging system that works fine.

I doubt you will notice the difference in output, in short distances where this type of light is used (i.e. working on the car)

No photographs as according to the software they have "Invalid image geometry"   

I shrunk them even more, hopefully it will work

* IMG_7644.jpg (Filesize: 113.81 KB)

* IMG_7648.jpg (Filesize: 119.93 KB)

* IMG_7651.jpg (Filesize: 131.76 KB)

* IMG_7654.jpg (Filesize: 51.69 KB)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 09:51:10 AM by dks »

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #198 on: February 01, 2022, 10:00:59 AM
White / Yellow Light USB Rechargeable Headlamp.

This has two LEDs, claimed to be CREE XPG that can only operate one a t a time.

One has a white output and the other a yellow one, enabling you to select which tint you need at the time.

Cost is around 4Euro and it comes with an included internal rechargeable battery.

Both beams are throwy, so it is not very useful for working on things nearby. (see comparison photograph with the Sofirn D25S, the D25S is on the right, white beam is used for the light under review)

Built quality is OK, the light is bright enough (possibly a few hundred Lumen) with a long throw.

Last long enough, cheap, fun tint selection.

I wish both LEDs could work together. (I am sure it can be modified to do so)

* IMG_7657.jpg (Filesize: 76.58 KB)

* IMG_7658.jpg (Filesize: 119.77 KB)

* IMG_7660.jpg (Filesize: 59.17 KB)

* IMG_7661.jpg (Filesize: 51.02 KB)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #199 on: February 01, 2022, 10:39:51 AM
Just catching up on this thread mate. I am now resisting the urge to got look at headlights I don't need.  :D

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #200 on: February 01, 2022, 11:34:00 AM
Just get some cheap ones, for the quick thrill.

There is an amazing variety for under 30 Euro

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #201 on: December 19, 2022, 12:23:20 PM
Sofirn SC18

Small 18650 light, with charging.

Sofirn quality in their finish was always good but they have improved more, based on the last couple of lights I bought from them. $14.99, though they are currently on 15% off offer, after I bought them.....  :(

Simple operation and surprisingly small, especially taking into account that it incorporates a charger.
BLF A6 XPL 1600LM BLF A6 XPL 1600LM
Pocket rocket.

Definitely not the brightest 18650 though.

Compared with a BLF A6 XPL 1600LM 18650, that does not have a build-in charger.  The sofirn has a brighter center, but the BLF has a more wide beam, using an OP reflector. The sofirn also has better heat dissipation/less heat production, that is, it does not get super hot quickly, like the BLF.

* IMG_0159-001.jpg (Filesize: 99.91 KB)

* IMG_0161.jpg (Filesize: 222.53 KB)

* IMG_0162.jpg (Filesize: 115.66 KB)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #202 on: December 19, 2022, 12:30:25 PM
Sofirn SP10V3.0

Small, 14500 or AA operation. No charging, but it comes with a cheap charger.

Very nice feel and easy operation, easy pocket carry.

Compared with the BLF model mentioned in the previous post.

OP reflector, good for use around the house at night. $16.99 at the time.

* IMG_0160.jpg (Filesize: 145.6 KB)

* IMG_0169.jpg (Filesize: 114.3 KB)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #203 on: December 19, 2022, 03:58:33 PM
Sofirn SP10V3.0

I've been thinking about a AA size torch with a side switch.  I'll definitely go have a look.   :cheers:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #204 on: December 19, 2022, 07:32:33 PM
It comes in pretty colours!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #205 on: December 20, 2022, 08:18:16 PM
Sofirn SP10V3.0

How would you rate it compared to the Lumintop Tool AA?

I LOVE mine and am on the fence about getting a backup in case this one I've been using dies or I loose it, but this one looks interesting and is slightly cheaper.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #206 on: December 21, 2022, 09:30:54 AM
I do not think I have the lumintop.  The sofirn is fine, from what I can tell, though the anodisation is easily scratched by the included clip.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #207 on: February 10, 2023, 04:41:28 PM
H05A Headlamp, Osram P8 LEDs
Bought from Sofirn.
2400 Lm.
Very nice light spread, similar to a COB light.
I wish the low was lower.  Cheap, solid, bright, good construction, charging. Uses an 18650 battery.

* IMG_0183.jpg (Filesize: 180.8 KB)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #208 on: February 10, 2023, 04:45:10 PM
H02A headlamp SST40 LEDs
Bought from Sofirn.
2400 Lm.
Very cheap
1 Lm low.  Cheap, solid, bright, good construction, charging. Uses an 18650 battery

* IMG_0185.jpg (Filesize: 181.84 KB)

* IMG_0192.jpg (Filesize: 145.13 KB)

* IMG_0195.jpg (Filesize: 193.7 KB)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #209 on: February 10, 2023, 04:59:52 PM
18650 headlamp comparison.

All look very similar and have similar construction run on 18650 batteries and have charging. The, newer, HO2A and HO5A have a bright red/green light on their on/off button to indicate charging and they also have soft off meaning that they switch off slowly.

The HO2A, first left on the beam photos has a nice wide beam, the HO5A, second on the left has a wide and very even beam and the D25S models are on the far right and have more clear, throw style beams.

The best value is the HO2A, with a very nice low setting, powerful high (for a very short time though), good spread and throw and seriously cheap. Comes in pretty colours too.

* IMG_0199.jpg (Filesize: 95.35 KB)

* IMG_0201.jpg (Filesize: 82 KB)

* IMG_0203.jpg (Filesize: 63.56 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%