Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My SAK family photos!

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
My SAK family photos!
on: February 22, 2012, 12:38:29 AM
Okay, I know most of you guys have all these, so this isn't going to be of much interest, but I thought'd I'd post some pics of my modest collection of large SAK's.  (I didn't include my Executive or my Rambler in the pics.)

Here's a side shot of all four; my new 125th CT34, my old Swiss Champ that my wife gave me about 12 years ago as an anniversary present, my newish Work Champ I got last fall, and my old Outrider that Steve modded for me by removing the saw blade.

Here they are individually:

Outrider; currently my main pocket carry tool.  Yes, those are my keys.  I keep them attached to it now and carry it in my pocket.  Sometimes I use the carabiner and keep it on a belt loop. 

It has exactly everything I need in a pocket tool, and nothing I don't.  It's lighter than my Juice S2, has a better bottle opener, better can opener, and a far superior blade.

Work Champ; currently my favorite 'big' SAK.  This is my dedicated camping and hiking SAK.  I keep it in a Vic pouch on the waistbelt of what I call my 'adventure pack', a Mountainsmith Approach 3.0, weekend size backpack, one of the best small packs I've ever used.

CT34; my first shelf queen.  This thing is so beautiful, I can't bring myself to actually use it.  I won't even set it down on anything without putting the bag under it!  Gotta get myself a regular one now to be a user.

Swiss Champ; this one is my oldest SAK... it's seen the most use and could definitely use a cleaning and oiling!  :o  My wife gave it to me as a present for our third anniversary, and it's my most prized one.  I should take better care of it!

And lastly, a few pics just showing some size comparison.

Modded Outrider vs Work Champ:

CT34 vs Swiss Champ:

Swiss Champ vs Work Champ width:

The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Re: My SAK family photos!
Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 01:19:15 AM
Very cool! i like the ct34 :tu:

us Offline jds1

Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 03:37:44 AM
Nice collection HD.

Jeff

bn Offline jojotlc

Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 10:24:11 AM
HD...Very nice collection..
i liked 111mm Saks, and yours modded one looks interesting :salute:
I got my faithfull Swisschamps too (gifted in 94'),,, and they're great allrounder..and i got them with me on many family holidays..
Inner Peace  8-)

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 11:30:27 PM
Thanks guys! :)  My collection is modest, but I've tried to be very discerning about what I've gotten.  Right now the top two on my want list are a regular CT34 and an Explorer.

Jojotlc; I love my modded Outrider!  Nice and light, and is slimmer and easier to pocket without the saw in it.  I had been pocket carrying my Juice S2, and it's a nice little tool, but I honestly don't need plier all that much.  In fact, pliers are probably the tool I use the least, so the saw-less Outrider fits my needs as close to perfectly as I can currently get it.  Without the saw in it, getting the scissors out is a little more difficult than before, but it hasn't really been an issue so far, I can still get them out with no problems.  Now that I've got it, I've been able to dramatically streamline my daily EDC; all I need to carry now is my modded Outrider and my HCRI Preon 1.  They meet 98% of my EDC needs.
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 10:46:33 AM
This looks like a case of careful family planning.  :rofl:   :P

se Offline Northern Geek

Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 01:35:09 PM
I really like your collection. :)

That modded Outrider is interesting. Basically a 111 mm Climber (well minus a small blade). Pretty neat and since I love my Climber that does look tempting to try out some time.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 02:28:26 PM
Right now the top two on my want list are a regular CT34 and an Explorer.

It was your post of the CT34 that prompted me to order a regular one.  It's funny, it will be my first red cellidor scaled SAK.  I only have alox models, and one silvertech huntsman.   But it looks like it will be a good EDC for an office guy like me, so I have to try.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

Offline RedRamage

Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 04:51:54 PM
This looks like a case of careful family planning.  :rofl:   :P
Have to agree with that!  Nice collection there.  My collection makes me look more like the Duggers than this one. :)

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 05:04:16 PM
That modded Outrider is interesting. Basically a 111 mm Climber (well minus a small blade).

+ a Phillips driver :)

Or not, if it's an older one :facepalm:
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

se Offline Northern Geek

Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 05:17:28 PM
Oh yeah good point. I missed that (mostly because it wasn't in the picture :P)

Looks like it'd make a pretty decent urban EDC then. Tempting.. :gimme:

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 07:50:48 PM
Thanks for the comments guys...   :cheers:

The philips driver in the Outrider is really what makes it for me.  Otherwise I could just do with a climber.  The issue for me is that I use a small philips driver regularly; my kids have way more battery powered toys than they probably should, and I regularly have to swap out batteries in them, and most have one a small philips screw that holds the compartment door shut.  Thank goodness for eneloops or I'd be even poorer than I am from buying primary batteries... 

Syph, I'm in exactly the opposite boat... I don't have any Alox models yet, but really would like to get one.  I just haven't found one yet that has a tool selection I like.  I suspect I'm going to have to buy a couple of different ones and have one cannibalized as parts to mod the other.  I'd love to have Alox scales for my Executive or my Rambler.  I was hoping to find some on SwissBianco's site, but I haven't seem them listed there so far.

Right now I'm leaning toward an Explorer for my next SAK.  I still really want a user CT34, but it'll take me longer to assemble the funds for one, particularly as I want one of the sapphire models, and for some reason they're a good 25% more!   :rant:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%