Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A couple of EDC Source questions/bugs/issues

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
A couple of EDC Source questions/bugs/issues
on: February 25, 2012, 08:55:51 PM
I have a couple of (small) issues with EDC Source :)

• When do invoices get sent automatically, assuming that's not always the case? I think I sometimes have to send them manually but I'm not really sure?
  • When a buyer wins multiple auctions, closing on the same day, only 1 item appears on the invoice. This seems to happen when I click "Send product(s) invoice", select both items and then send the invoice. If I re-open the invoice only 1 item is shown.
  • In some places, Unicode characters are not rendered properly. I have sold multiple items to a buyer who has a "?" in his name which is sometimes shown as ł
  • On the "Invoices Sent" page, I see an invoice with 2 items, one of which isn't one of my auctions. The buyer of that items is not the same as the buyer of the other item on the invoice :think:
  • Sometimes, not all new listings appear on the Deals and Auctions forum. For example, I listed 11 new items today of which 4 didn't get their own thread on that forum. I've had that happen before.
  • The "Open Auctions" page shows a thumbnail of the first photo used in the auction. On the "Sold Items" page (and others) there are no pictures. Why is that?

I would be happy to give more info and/or screenshots if necessary :tu:

No idea if this is the proper place to post this by the way :think:

:tu: :salute: :tu:
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Re: A couple of EDC Source questions/bugs/issues
Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 08:57:22 PM
:D
That Polish character won't render correctly here as well :)

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 08:59:15 PM
If anyone makes code changes to EDC please please make the images larger in the list view, that's my biggest beef with the site, and largest irritation.  I have to open each list item to see wth it is.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 11:14:22 PM
I really can't give you answers to any of that, but I will get Micah to have a look as soon as he has a chance.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 11:19:25 PM
Thanks Def :tu:
Like I said these are small issues for me and there's no hurry.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 11:21:01 PM
To be honest I have been spending all of my recent time working with the forum here and the SwissArmyKnights site that I have been neglecting EDCSource a bit, so the odd thread like this is a good kick in the pants to check it out.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 11:44:51 AM
Sorry, I've been really busy lately. It's nice to see someone has decided to make a list of issues, we've known there are some minor issues for a while, but since I don't actually use EDCSource like a seller/buyer I don't see these issues myself.

• When do invoices get sent automatically, assuming that's not always the case? I think I sometimes have to send them manually but I'm not really sure?
  • When a buyer wins multiple auctions, closing on the same day, only 1 item appears on the invoice. This seems to happen when I click "Send product(s) invoice", select both items and then send the invoice. If I re-open the invoice only 1 item is shown.
  • In some places, Unicode characters are not rendered properly. I have sold multiple items to a buyer who has a "?" in his name which is sometimes shown as ł
  • On the "Invoices Sent" page, I see an invoice with 2 items, one of which isn't one of my auctions. The buyer of that items is not the same as the buyer of the other item on the invoice :think:
  • Sometimes, not all new listings appear on the Deals and Auctions forum. For example, I listed 11 new items today of which 4 didn't get their own thread on that forum. I've had that happen before.
  • The "Open Auctions" page shows a thumbnail of the first photo used in the auction. On the "Sold Items" page (and others) there are no pictures. Why is that?

• 1. I believe the seller has to send it.
  • 2. I have some ideas as to why this happens. I'll need Esteban to investigate further.
  • 3. Please give me some more info of this, I need to find the auction/user to see if it's what I think it is.
  • 4. Known issue on the software, apparently devs are working on it.
  • 5. Well that's different, normally we get complaints that there are too many auction notifications in that forum... I believe this is because of the limit in number (10 just listed) mixed with the time it rechecks (every 30 minutes), so perhaps more auctions have been added to EDCSource than the limits set in the feed poster.
  • 6. Is that really an issue?
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 05:35:42 PM
Sorry, I've been really busy lately. It's nice to see someone has decided to make a list of issues, we've known there are some minor issues for a while, but since I don't actually use EDCSource like a seller/buyer I don't see these issues myself.

• In some places, Unicode characters are not rendered properly. I have sold multiple items to a buyer who has a "?" in his name which is sometimes shown as ?

• 1. I believe the seller has to send it.
  • 2. I have some ideas as to why this happens. I'll need Esteban to investigate further.
  • 3. Please give me some more info of this, I need to find the auction/user to see if it's what I think it is.
  • 4. Known issue on the software, apparently devs are working on it.
  • 5. Well that's different, normally we get complaints that there are too many auction notifications in that forum... I believe this is because of the limit in number (10 just listed) mixed with the time it rechecks (every 30 minutes), so perhaps more auctions have been added to EDCSource than the limits set in the feed poster.
  • 6. Is that really an issue?

Hy Whoey, thanks for your reply :)

• OK but then I still don't understand why I've had buyers pay for the items immediately without me having to send an invoice. No big deal though.
  • :tu:
  • It's the winner of this auction.
  • :tu:
  • I can live with that but I don't think the limit is 10 items :think: Seems like less than 10 to me.
  • No, not really an issue. I just don't understand why those pages differ in layout while they are basically the same except with different "filters" applied. Pictures are very useful to me :)

:salute:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 06:45:28 PM
I see no unicode in the winner of that auction?

Winner(s)    EUR 36.00 - kryniek222

Am I looking at it wrong?

Def

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 06:48:16 PM
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean his name but his address... :ahhh

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 11:36:55 AM
On the "Invoices Sent" page, I see an invoice with 2 items, one of which isn't one of my auctions. The buyer of that items is not the same as the buyer of the other item on the invoice :think:

Related: on the Invoices Received page I see an invoice for this item: http://www.edcsource.com/VICTORINOX-2008-FINAL-RUN-PRODUCTION-SOLDIER--Limited-Edition,name,111177,auction_id,auction_details
I never bought that one though. Also, the invoice is from Travis Autry but that Soldier was sold by felinevet :)

Never mind that Polish buyer, he rarely pays for items he has won.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%