Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Michigan 2012 Winter Meet Wrap Up

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Michigan 2012 Winter Meet Wrap Up
on: February 27, 2012, 01:23:36 AM
Well we had a great time, even with a couple of things conspiring against us. First was Mike having to work the night before, which we knew, but still when we got there at noon he had been awake for 20 hours. The second was that Bob had a small breakdown a little ways from his house, but a friend of his came to the rescue, and he was no more than 15 minutes late.

Here is a pic of us outside the restaurant:

The Glockenspiel Tower of the restaurant:

I thought this was neat, it's a little castle they built near the foot of the tower for the squirrels to run in and out of during the summer:

One of the primary modes of transportation in the town:

After everyone got there we settled down for a wonderful meal, fried chicken, chicken cordon bleu, snitchel, knockwurst, sauerbraten, Kasseler Rippchen, noodles, potatoes, soup, salads, apple sauce, relish, breads. Nobody went away hungry. :D

After dinner we only had about 15 minutes for tool talk due to time constraints, but with the mild sunny day we were able to go outside, while the the families when down to the shops.

Bob brought an assortment of some of his unusual tools in one of his famous "tool boxes" (including the Indian Army ST300 :drool:):

Here is one of the "do it all" tools from his collection:

I decided to bring a couple of Vic's and an assortment of sheaths from different manufacturers:

Sorry there aren't more pictures, hopefully this summer we can plan a longer event where we can get some quality time with the tools.
Never underestimate the power of the fleece

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Michigan 2012 Winter Meet Wrap Up
Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 03:05:03 PM
Sounds like you got fed well at least :D  Glad to hear Bob's mechanical misfortune wasn't a show stopper.
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 03:17:29 PM
Sounds like you got fed well at least :D  Glad to hear Bob's mechanical misfortune wasn't a show stopper.

LOL, my words exactly...  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Make sure next time to take a pics of meals also...  :D :D :D

Glad you had good time, and  :cheers: to all!! :salute: :salute: :salute:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 03:28:23 PM
Make sure next time to take a pics of meals also...  :D :D :D

I meant to, but once the server had the entire 12 foot long table covered with food I lost my train of thought  :D
Never underestimate the power of the fleece

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 05:10:18 PM
Yep, it was a fantastic feast for sure! :cheers: I didn't have room to eat another bite until halfway through the next day. :D

Thanks for getting the pictures up Paul. :salute: In case you guys were wondering, my family and I did finally make it back home, but it was somewhat after 9:00pm, and we were pretty well exhausted. :-\ The tiny little Saturn my cousin loaned us was barely able to reach 55mph. Any faster than that and the whole front end of the car felt like it was about to disintegrate! :P It was white knuckle driving the whole way home, especially when we got farther north and the roads got icy.

The only good thing about taking such a tiny car to Frankenmuth was that it (somewhat) limited the amount of items my wife was able to buy and bring home :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%