Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Vic Warranty

us Offline 82brutus

Vic Warranty
on: March 02, 2012, 08:59:34 PM
This was my first time to try out the Vic warranty.  I think overall I'm pretty happy with it, but I did have a question.

I had a problem with a SwissTool X where a pivot was binding.  I sent it off for warranty work with info to let me know if I needed to pay anything to get it fixed.  5 weeks later, I get a brand new Swiss Tool. 

It's not an X model, I'm sure they didn't have those laying around.  It is in very nice condition and I did recently pick up a Spirit X.  Maybe I leave well enough alone?   

Here are some pics, should I worry about trying to ask about a ST instead of a ST X?

“We shall neither fail nor falter; we shall not weaken or tire...give us the tools and we will finish the job.” - Winston Churchill

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Re: Vic Warranty
Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 09:06:11 PM
You can call them and ask, but generally they reserve the right to substitute a SIMILAR to the one received if they don't have the exact replacement.  Sometimes they'll swap you for something else if you're unhappy with the substitution.

us Offline 82brutus

Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 10:45:17 PM
All in all, I'm not all that unhappy with the swap.

It is a Swiss tool and it's one of my favorite models since I actually like both the pe and the se blades and it's new with the new plier head.   :tu:  :multi: :tu:

It's more my driving urge to own every multi every made - in triplicate means that I have to be on the lookout for another Swisstool X or three.      :ahhh
“We shall neither fail nor falter; we shall not weaken or tire...give us the tools and we will finish the job.” - Winston Churchill

us Offline Donald

Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 11:35:21 PM
I guess it depends on your uses and preferences. Personally, I feel omitting scissors, does not make it a similar model. Of course that is coming from one who would not buy such a multitool, unless it had scissors in the first place. Yeah, I carry a Farmer a lot, but...but....but  :D, my excuse is that it is a fine knife meant for the pocket not the belt and it does not come with scissors. There is always hope! Now if Vic would just sell some 93mm based saw blades to Wenger and Wenger would put some scissors, and the purchased saw blade, on an SI, that would be nice to try.  :drool:

us Offline Broudie

Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 02:45:14 AM
I have never tried to send back a SAK for warranty. Do I need a receipt?
I used to carry a Swisschamp every day, until the world became a much easier place to live in

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 03:10:16 AM
I have never tried to send back a SAK for warranty. Do I need a receipt?

No: Clicky -> Swiss Army Knives lifetime limited warranty
Never underestimate the power of the fleece

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75