Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The History of Multitool.org

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: The History of Multitool.org
Reply #180 on: September 09, 2015, 06:19:28 PM
:rofl:

Sent from a device made from star dust using tapatalk
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #181 on: September 09, 2015, 07:23:24 PM
Classic!!!  :D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #182 on: September 09, 2015, 10:04:52 PM
Unsurprised.

Very impressed,but unsurprised :D
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #183 on: September 09, 2015, 10:27:39 PM
Lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #184 on: September 11, 2015, 12:10:36 AM
Yup, dear old Def has done some silly things over the years, including turning our former hosting company into it's own smiley :serverloft: and a dedicated spam forum.   :D

One of the great things about having no major sponsors is that I don't have to worry about tarnishing anyone's business model but my own.  :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #185 on: July 20, 2016, 06:38:39 PM
Since this one hasn't seen the light of day in a while, and since people seem to enjoy it, I am going to give it a bump, just in case anyone is having a hard time getting their baby to sleep!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #186 on: July 20, 2016, 06:47:46 PM
:popcorn:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #187 on: July 20, 2016, 07:56:09 PM
Every time this thread gets bumped there's a serious drop in the post count as everyone stops to read it and no one talks about anything!

Def

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #188 on: July 20, 2016, 08:09:33 PM
Every time this thread gets bumped there's a serious drop in the post count as everyone stops to read it and no one talks about anything!

Def

Some stop and smell the roses time in this thread :dd:

Was a fun read for sure and I loved hearing how it all started :cheers: I remember reading about SHOT 2008 way back then and it brought thise.memories back :tu:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 08:10:41 PM by Poncho65 »

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #189 on: July 21, 2016, 04:06:24 AM
This came out about the same time I finally joined. I guess I missed it then. Great read
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #190 on: July 21, 2016, 10:06:46 AM
Excellent read!
Went through all the pages with interest and real joy. Nice writing and comments everyone.
I have to agree, of all the forum's I'm or I've been member of, from the smallest to the biggest one, this is the one I feel better being a part of, the most friendly and interesting so far!
 :drink:
I've been a short time here, but afte ryears and years of lurking I still don't know how I joined so many other places first and before and this one got postponed and postponed year after year.
Greatest place to hang out on the net, thanks guys.
Have a nice day you all!

:salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #191 on: July 21, 2016, 02:32:28 PM

Good to read back through all the fun times we've had over the years. Wow, what a ride! And its great to see that even as we've grown much larger than I ever thought possible, the same helpful and friendly atmosphere still prevails throughout the entire forum. :)

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #192 on: July 21, 2016, 04:42:04 PM

Good to read back through all the fun times we've had over the years. Wow, what a ride! And its great to see that even as we've grown much larger than I ever thought possible, the same helpful and friendly atmosphere still prevails throughout the entire forum. :)

It feels the same as when I joined over 8 years ago Bob :tu:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #193 on: July 21, 2016, 05:25:16 PM
High praise indeed!

I am glad to hear you guys say that- as you know, it has been very important to me that we keep this place informative, helpful and fun... and not necessarily in that order!  :D

Def

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #194 on: July 21, 2016, 08:44:13 PM
High praise indeed!

I am glad to hear you guys say that- as you know, it has been very important to me that we keep this place informative, helpful and fun... and not necessarily in that order!  :D

Def

Even with all the different people that have came and gone the place still feels like my Internet home :tu:

I was just one of the kids who left home and didn't visit as much as I should have :whistle:

I am glad I remedied that though :tu:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #195 on: July 21, 2016, 09:23:35 PM
Me too man... It's great to see so many people from the early days still here.

Def

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #196 on: July 21, 2016, 10:12:49 PM
I always enjoy reading through this thread.  Some of it brings back memories, especially of the time when it came out.  Great read!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #197 on: January 17, 2018, 11:44:18 PM
Bump for a good read and we have a lot of new members who may not have seen this  :tu:

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #198 on: January 18, 2018, 01:25:07 AM
Brings back memories of the good old days. 

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #199 on: January 18, 2018, 02:05:46 AM
Brings back memories of the good old days. 

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

+1 :dd: :like:

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #200 on: January 18, 2018, 03:39:41 AM
What a fantastic read. Cool to know a bit of the history that MT.o came from!
Y'all have a special thing with this site. Not many people know how hard it is to get a website and message board off the ground. My hats off to the owner/admins/moderators here on MT.o! :hatsoff:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #201 on: January 18, 2018, 08:08:40 AM
Y'all have a special thing with this site. Not many people know how hard it is to get a website and message board off the ground. My hats off to the owner/admins/moderators here on MT.o! :hatsoff:

When I joined MTO four and a half years ago I had one Skeletool and single Huntsman...

Ask me how many multitools and SAKs I now possess  ::) :D

But the thing with MTO is, it's the best forum on this planet, it has the best people, many of whom I'm glad to call my friends

"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

england Offline Kev D

Reply #202 on: January 18, 2018, 08:57:31 AM

When I joined MTO four and a half years ago I had one Skeletool and single Huntsman...

Ask me how many multitools and SAKs I now possess  ::) :D

But the thing with MTO is, it's the best forum on this planet, it has the best people, many of whom I'm glad to call my friends

I had 1 leatherman surge and no SAK's

I have 1 or 2 dozen more now

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #203 on: January 18, 2018, 12:26:35 PM
Wait, wait, wait...oh, my!

1) You socially engineered info out of some young pregnant German housewife named Helena? Geesh! Did you take her seat on the bus, too?

All kidding aside a moment, does she have a user name and is she still around? It would be interesting to see what she had brought to the table in her spare time, and what sparked her initial interest in multi tools.

Back to kidding...

2) you generated Buzz with what today would have been called fake news, or a bunch of Wells Fargo accounts...

How very Kardashian Twitter and Facebook of you...

3) Thanks Bob for the Encyclopedia. I refer to it and SAK WIKI when trying to identify the various types of tools and knives being discussed

Good work here Grant. I think I already compared this site with the WOE (wall of ego) I found at a particular truck site. Good read

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #204 on: January 18, 2018, 12:57:36 PM

1) You socially engineered info out of some young pregnant German housewife named Helena? Geesh! Did you take her seat on the bus, too?

All kidding aside a moment, does she have a user name and is she still around? It would be interesting to see what she had brought to the table in her spare time, and what sparked her initial interest in multi tools.

Back to kidding...

2) you generated Buzz with what today would have been called fake news, or a bunch of Wells Fargo accounts...

3) Thanks Bob for the Encyclopedia. I refer to it and SAK WIKI when trying to identify the various types of tools and knives being discussed

Good work here Grant. I think I already compared this site with the WOE (wall of ego) I found at a particular truck site. Good read

I haven't seen or heard from Helena in a long time- and no, I didn't take any info from her, she was linking to us to help flesh out her site.  And she wasn't pregnant, at least not when I knew her.  :P

Otherwise it's been a fun ride.  The site could have built much larger and much faster through other, less reputable means, but I always figured that I'd rather build a smaller, real forum rather than one that was huge and full of crap.

And, in this day and age of forums dying out because of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc, we are still growing, so I think it was the right move.   :tu:

Def

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #205 on: January 18, 2018, 01:08:14 PM
Bump for a good read and we have a lot of new members who may not have seen this  :tu:

Absolutely, thanks Steve! :tu:

Nice read, especially the bit about it almost falling apart (just kidding... but that was instructive).

Thanks to all involved for keeping the unworkable running in the face of massive levels of adversity. I'll paraphrase what I said in the MTO family thread: this is my go to forum, and y'awl members, owner, admins and mods have made me feel at home right from the start  :salute: (despite only modest levels of expertise or collectioneering  >:D) so I'll just hang around for a bit longer  :cheers: :drink:

PS It sure helps I'm no great fan of media like the big F, T and I, but forums are something else. Many have either gone megalomaniac, boring, or simply gone. This one has luckily been spared that fate so far - let's keep it that way, shall we? It's in all of us  :pok: :cheers:
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #206 on: January 18, 2018, 01:13:02 PM
This thread was always a favorite, worth bumping every year!  :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #207 on: January 18, 2018, 03:05:09 PM

Back to kidding...

I haven't seen or heard from Helena in a long time- and no, I didn't take any info from her, she was linking to us to help flesh out her site.  And she wasn't pregnant, at least not when I knew her.  :P

Otherwise it's been a fun ride.  The site could have built much larger and much faster through other, less reputable means, but I always figured that I'd rather build a smaller, real forum rather than one that was huge and full of crap.

And, in this day and age of forums dying out because of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc, we are still growing, so I think it was the right move.   :tu:

Def

Whatever you've done, boss, you've done right, please keep doing it :salute:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #208 on: January 18, 2018, 03:58:31 PM
 :nothingtoadd:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #209 on: January 19, 2018, 01:36:51 AM
Just reread this and I first joined right after you and Bob went to SHOT :cheers: The vibe of the place is the same to me as it was 10 years ago :tu: Bob did a tremendous amount of work in the wiki and when I worked on it back a couple years ago I couldn't believe how much work he had done on it once I started adding and editing pages :sa: :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%