Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Where to get old cross scales?

us Offline bushidomosquito

Where to get old cross scales?
on: March 18, 2012, 06:24:59 AM
In the past year I've done a 180 from loving the plastic scaled 91 and not paying much attention to Alox to being all about Alox and not having much use for 91s except for parts to adapt to 93.

Then I scoffed at aluminum scales, thinking I was doing better with brass and titanium but the Alox look and feel has grown on me. I'm seeing mods with the old cross scales that I love and I wonder, where can I get some? Is this something that Vic isn't doing anymore and they're now collectible or is it a limited edition that they trot out every once in a while like new anodizing colors? 

I'm looking for blue and red scales mainly but will take any color.
Sent from my Glock 23 using Doubletaptalk

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
Re: Where to get old cross scales?
Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 07:28:42 AM
i'm pretty sure the swiss cross only is a vinatge thing and victorinox hasn't produced any new ones since switching to company emblem  :think: So ebay and trades, and they should be guttered if they are mint  :ahhh

on a side not i dont understand why victorinox doesnt just switch to 91mm alox scales now that the soldier is no longer produced for military contracts. Surely it would be easier to bring out a ton of configurations like scissors and  (including current pioneer electrician and pruner variants... which they have in 91mm)
 The only extra tool they would need a machine die for would be the layer awl.

Then your mainstream sak configurations could be bought in alox... much like the 84mm line but no backspring tools and awl instead of small blade. EG Climber, Ranger, Champion, Mechanic etc
“A good plan isn't one where someone wins, it's where nobody thinks they've lost.”
- Terry Pratchett

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 03:24:19 PM
Best of luck, they no longer make the old cross. Your best bet wold be to look on e-bay, believe it or not I got mine from amazon, they showed a red alox for sale, I thought they had it wrong, so I asked about 4 qusetions. Before buying it, and that's what I got..  JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 08:14:43 PM
Felinevet has one for sale right now but it might be a bit expensive if you only want the scales.

http://www.edcsource.com/auction_details.php?auction_id=111686

Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 01:21:19 AM
I worked out a deal with a member to get a NIB red farmer. I'm feeling pretty lucky to have found it. I thought this might turn into a lengthy search but I'll have my own 6 layer torxpin snapshackle Alox soon!  :tu:

I'm kind of looking forward to seeing it worn like this in 20 years or so.
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad138/HikingMano/Mobile%20Uploads/3584b922.jpg

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 01:29:55 AM
I worked out a deal with a member to get a NIB red farmer. I'm feeling pretty lucky to have found it. I thought this might turn into a lengthy search but I'll have my own 6 layer torxpin snapshackle Alox soon!  :tu:

http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad138/HikingMano/Mobile%20Uploads/3584b922.jpg

you could probably find a collector who could trade you a pre-worn one to save you the hassle of 20 years whilst benifiting them at the same time...
“A good plan isn't one where someone wins, it's where nobody thinks they've lost.”
- Terry Pratchett

Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 03:45:52 AM

Oh, I like the brand new look too. No need to rush it.
you could probably find a collector who could trade you a pre-worn one to save you the hassle of 20 years whilst benifiting them at the same time...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD