Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAK Heresy!!!

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Re: SAK Heresy!!!
Reply #30 on: March 25, 2012, 11:51:55 PM
All things considered, I think the best single EDC pocket tool for me would be a compact with the Cybertool bit driver and holder. 

I could live without the awl, and the pliers, although they would be nice to have.  My primary goal is to find a pocketable tool that will do 95% of what I need with a single tool, and I think that would be it.

Of course, now that I've read Def's review of the Gerber Fit, I'm wondering if that might suffice.  Although I'd tend to think it wouldn't be as nice.
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

ar Offline wmoco

Reply #31 on: May 05, 2015, 10:09:27 PM
[necrobump]

I'm really interested in this in order to shave one layer from my CT34 but I don't want to lose the awl.
It's been said that awl and hook are not a straight swap, are there any threads covering specifically that mod (~2014 CT)?

[/necrobump]
Nothing fancy to write here...

mx Offline ebarberena

Reply #32 on: May 06, 2015, 03:29:28 AM
GigaHz built that black Cyber Compact for me and it makes for a great tool combination.

We went back and forth with changing the hook for an awl and decided not to do it. The awl is thinner than the hook by 0.35mm (2.35mm vs 2.00mm) and would leave a gap on the scissor layer. Also, the hook back spring recess is deeper than the awl's so the awl would sit too deep with no access to the nail nick.

Here is another picture.
CyberCompact.JPG
* CyberCompact.JPG (Filesize: 347.76 KB)

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
  • "All I need now i'th a can opener!"
Reply #33 on: May 06, 2015, 03:45:42 AM
GigaHz built that black Cyber Compact for me and it makes for a great tool combination.

We went back and forth with changing the hook for an awl and decided not to do it. The awl is thinner than the hook by 0.35mm (2.35mm vs 2.00mm) and would leave a gap on the scissor layer. Also, the hook back spring recess is deeper than the awl's so the awl would sit too deep with no access to the nail nick.

Here is another picture.

Cool.  I have that on my list of future builds once I get a CyberTool.
WTT Book: Victorinox - A Knife and Its History, see link:
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,57788.0.html
Will trade items for new/used Cadet Alox knives for mod projects.
Updated list: https://freeshell.de/~kosmo/sak/
:B: www.radiotell.ch

ar Offline wmoco

Reply #34 on: May 07, 2015, 04:54:01 PM

Great! Thank you!
Nothing fancy to write here...

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #35 on: May 07, 2015, 05:52:06 PM
Like that!  If you threw the mag glass on across from the combo tool it would be perfect!  :)

Like this?
(Image removed from quote.)

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: May 07, 2015, 06:56:34 PM
Combo tool = great can opener, great cap lifter, poop screwdriver, poop prybar  :-\
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: May 07, 2015, 10:09:53 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00