Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Re: Are you left handed?

Poll

Left handed or Right handed

Strictly right handed
19 (31.1%)
Mostly right handed but I do a few things left handed
22 (36.1%)
Strictly left handed
3 (4.9%)
Mostly left handed but I do a few things right handed
16 (26.2%)
Ambidextrous
1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 61

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #30 on: January 14, 2012, 03:03:03 AM
If it is, I think I'm fired!   :ahhh

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

00 Offline Carlos

Reply #31 on: January 14, 2012, 03:54:47 PM
Just recently I've found that left handed people can be referred as "sinistrals" in english. In portuguese we also have a dedicated word for that: "canhoto".

About the topic... when I was younger I used to think myself as an ambidextrous person, because there were a certain amount of things I could do with my left hand. Until some wise figure enlightened me: I ought to clean @ss or j*** off with left hand to prove to be skilled with it. Later, that night, I realised I was strictly right handed.  :rant:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #32 on: January 14, 2012, 04:05:04 PM
Lefties are commonly referred to as "Southpaws" in English.  You rarely, if ever hear someone use the word sinistral.  You really only hear the term Southpaw in sports nowadays- boxing and baseball come to mind.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Are you left handed?
Reply #33 on: January 14, 2012, 04:28:21 PM
Wenger is the only major manufacturer that I know of that actually makes designs specifically for lefties.

Def

I am a "righty" but I have a "leftie" for the oddity😁

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #34 on: January 14, 2012, 08:06:23 PM
Just recently I've found that left handed people can be referred as "sinistrals" in english. In portuguese we also have a dedicated word for that: "canhoto".

About the topic... when I was younger I used to think myself as an ambidextrous person, because there were a certain amount of things I could do with my left hand. Until some wise figure enlightened me: I ought to clean @ss or j*** off with left hand to prove to be skilled with it. Later, that night, I realised I was strictly right handed.  :rant:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Like I said, I do a lot of stuff with my left hand even though I'm right hand dominant.  I would have to say that minus writing and fine-tuned tool using I am about 60% ambidextrous.  I can pour drinks and stir food with my left hand, I always drive with my left, and I draw my MT with my left hand.  I try to write left handed but it is really difficult. 

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #35 on: January 14, 2012, 08:12:28 PM
I usually drive with my left hand on the wheel and my right on the gearshift but that's largely because its easier than doing it the other way around!

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #36 on: January 14, 2012, 08:13:50 PM
I usually drive with my left hand on the wheel and my right on the gearshift but that's largely because its easier than doing it the other way around!

Def

That would be really tricky for me.  ;)

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #37 on: January 14, 2012, 08:14:13 PM

Def

I take it you have tried?  I haven't, but I am sure it would be.......Challenging.  :D

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #38 on: January 14, 2012, 08:23:10 PM

Like I said, I do a lot of stuff with my left hand even though I'm right hand dominant.  I would have to say that minus writing and fine-tuned tool using I am about 60% ambidextrous.  I can pour drinks and stir food with my left hand, I always drive with my left, and I draw my MT with my left hand.  I try to write left handed but it is really difficult.

In my late teens I broke my right wrist blowing up a balloon ... long story. Anyway, upshot was I had to live left handed in every respect till the cast was removed, and while I got by I was really happy to get my right hand back. Even the simplest task I took for granted prooved really challenging

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #39 on: January 14, 2012, 08:43:32 PM

In my late teens I broke my right wrist blowing up a balloon ... long story. Anyway, upshot was I had to live left handed in every respect till the cast was removed, and while I got by I was really happy to get my right hand back. Even the simplest task I took for granted prooved really challenging

I separated my right shoulder playing football in high school and had to wear a sling for 6 weeks.  I had to use a tape recorder to take notes in class because try as I might my left hand just couldn't keep up with the teachers.  I retained quite a bit of the ability to do other things though. 

I really want to hear the balloon story!

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #40 on: January 15, 2012, 01:27:19 AM

I separated my right shoulder playing football in high school and had to wear a sling for 6 weeks.  I had to use a tape recorder to take notes in class because try as I might my left hand just couldn't keep up with the teachers.  I retained quite a bit of the ability to do other things though. 

I really want to hear the balloon story!

I want to hear the balloon story too. :pok:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #41 on: January 15, 2012, 01:41:19 AM
Me three!  That must have been one hell of a balloon!

Def

I take it you have tried?  I haven't, but I am sure it would be.......Challenging.  :D

Of course I tried... and succeeded!  I learned many skills in my younger ninja days.  I can also drive a car with an automatic transmission from the passenger seat with my left foot.

Now imagine how fantastic I'd be today had I studied marketable skills in my youth?  :D

Def

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #42 on: January 15, 2012, 02:31:09 AM
Me three!  That must have been one hell of a balloon!

Def

Of course I tried... and succeeded!  I learned many skills in my younger ninja days.  I can also drive a car with an automatic transmission from the passenger seat with my left foot.

Now imagine how fantastic I'd be today had I studied marketable skills in my youth?  :D

Def

:rofl:

Driving a car from the passenger side is a skill most men should acquire in case their wives decide to let go of the wheel and cover their eyes when a BIRD flies in front of the car.  Mrs. Mercury pulled that stunt on my once, I have never let her forget it.

us Offline David

Reply #43 on: January 15, 2012, 09:36:20 PM
I've noticed that a number of people have mentioned that they can't shoot left handed. I'm a lefty and left-eye dominant, and have been shooting for years. The ONLY true left-handed rifle I've ever fired was the target rifle I used on my high school team. I was the only lefty on the team for four years, so it was my personal match rifle  :tu: . If an automatic rifle is based on a design by Eugene Stoner or Mikhail Kalashnikov, I'm almost guaranteed to get hit with brass, especially with pre-A2 M16s. Rifles like the M1 Garand or the Ruger Mini-14 are not too big a deal, but as a lefty my loading procedure for the M1 involves hoping I move fast enough and don't get my thumb smashed! >:(  Bolt actions involve a slight turn on my shoulder so I can work the action, but I've been doing it so lone it's second nature. Some designs (straight pulls) are easier than others. Single shots, especially Martinis, are no problem at all. And, if you ever happen to take a good look at a Colt Single Action Army revolver or its clones, you'll notice that the loading gate is on the right side. It's a lefty wheelgun!

I can shoot whats called weak (left for me) handed. I just dont unless there is a need.
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

ca Offline Jason Williams

• New User
Reply #44 on: January 19, 2012, 08:10:41 PM
I write left handed but I play sports right handed, but if I throw a ball to myself to hit it with a bat I hit left handed. I use a chain saw left handed and I shoot in my left shoulder with my left eye and chamber a round with my right arm. :think: All of my MT operations are carried out left handed. :salute:

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #45 on: January 19, 2012, 08:14:49 PM
I write left handed but I play sports right handed, but if I throw a ball to myself to hit it with a bat I hit left handed. I use a chain saw left handed and I shoot in my left shoulder with my left eye and chamber a round with my right arm. :think: All of my MT operations are carried out left handed. :salute:

Welcome Jason!

Looks like you still use leashes.  I went leashless a few years ago and love it!

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #46 on: March 22, 2012, 11:27:46 PM

Done  :salute:
Everything’s adjustable

gb Offline badwolf

• No Life Club
  • my best friends a dog
Reply #47 on: March 23, 2012, 12:28:23 AM

Done  :salute: