Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SHOT Show Overview

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
SHOT Show Overview
on: February 04, 2008, 03:30:38 PM
Or at least as it pertains to Multitool.org members, which is of course the only important points to make, right? :D

Basically Bob and I have trudged around the show for two days straight, literally from open till close (eight and a half hours), most of the time being so overwhelmed that we've forgotten simple things like eating.  We are staying on the Strip, a world famous part of the city, and we've barely seen any more of it than the few blocks between the hotel and the convention center!

We have many stories to tell (ask Bob how he lost the map! :P) and I swear, we'll try to tell as many as we can remember.  Between the two of us I think we've snapped over 700 pictures, taken probably around an hour of video, and some audio recordings.  We've seen ultra secret prototypes, many of which we weren't allowed to photograph, and we've met with some pretty major people, all of which we'll be happy to tell, just as soon as we get some of it sorted out.

All of this will get onto the forum and into members' hands very soon- I've already registered a Photobucket account just for this reason, but give us another day or two to get home and get sorted.  We aren't holding back on purpose, I swear! :D

In fact, I'd say in the last three days, Bob and I have probably got about a dozen hours of sleep between the two of us!

Pictures, video and stories coming, I swear!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Re: SHOT Show Overview
Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 04:01:05 PM
Get some sleep! Then post some stuff!

Even though it's the tip of the iceberg this is by far the best Shot Show coverage I've seen so far. It's rare to see such detail and attention to the items being photographed at the show.

Thanks for taking the time to go to the show and report back to us!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 04:20:05 PM
We have so much "initial" stuff to post, much of which we still don't know much about, but we'll be filling in details for months as we wade through the massive amount of literature, CD's, DVD's etc that we got from the various manufacturers, plus all of the follow ups that we have to do wityh various manufacturers, designers and marketing people.

One thing I will say is that you are likely to see even more companies represented here in the near future and more new product reviews and.... well lets just say LOTS more for now.  I don't mind sharing, but I'd like to follow up with some of these companies after the show and make sure they are still on board for future projects before I commit them publicly!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Tom Munch

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 06:16:37 PM
Def,

This is great news, & I know what a shot in the arm it has been for me to go to conferences like this in the past.  It's gratifying to know these people are so kind & generous with themselves & their time.  I look forward to your photos & stories & plans going forward.

Tom

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 06:19:14 PM
Can't wait for all the news and views, but i guess i'm gonna have to! Don't work yourselves to the bone though guys, have a couple of days to rest and sort your own lives out before you worry about us lot!

Roadie
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 09:08:25 PM
Looking forward to hearing more from you guys.  You have done great work so far and I have really enjoyed reading about some of your finds.  The place looks like it must have been huge! I am hoping you have a few pics just to give us an idea of size. :)
I'm back!!

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 10:34:20 PM
I have enjoyed the coverage and pictures so far and look forward to future info from you guys. Great Work.
"

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 01:00:51 AM
Someone is going to have to sketch some illustrations of those super secret tools :ahhh
[

us Online WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 01:48:53 AM
May I ask for some of your highlights of the show Defender and J-sews? (say top 3, and Bob in the choirs-line doesn't count~!)

oops, I see you have an "Overview" thread, I'll wait for the stories there!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 01:53:52 AM by WhichDawg »

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 02:27:50 AM
May I ask for some of your highlights of the show Defender and J-sews? (say top 3, and Bob in the choirs-line doesn't count~!)

oops, I see you have an "Overview" thread, I'll wait for the stories there!

I moved your question over to this thread WhichDawg, thanks for asking!

For me, there is absolutely no way I could limit myself to only three top highlights. It was a great experience, one I have been excited about for weeks and weeks. The whole event certainly lived up to my highest expectations. From meeting Def and Felinevet and Mrs Felinevet, to the exhilaration of the Show floor itself, to the unexpected recognition we received from several of the manufacturers, it was truly a great time. Certainly something that I will treasure for a long time. :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 09:07:47 AM
I don't mind sharing, but I'd like to follow up with some of these companies after the show and make sure they are still on board for future projects before I commit them publicly!

Everyone seems big on ideas and hand-shaking at trade shows, eh.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%