Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Maxpedition Question

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Maxpedition Question
on: April 12, 2012, 04:30:25 AM
Would this be the right forum for backpacks?

Anyway was interested in this:
http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/CONDOR-II-BACKPACK-12p106.htm

A little pricey but figured it would last a loooong time. Would like to know if I can purchase one or more of the small pocket accesories and attach them to the molle straps on the side & and if this would interfere  with the straps on the side. Thnks
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 04:43:05 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Maxpedition Question
Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 03:38:38 PM
I don't know about that particular model but I can say that I have been carrying and abusing Maxpedition bags for years and they all could still pass for new condition.  Your money is well spent with Maxpedition.

Also, Travis has access to Maxpedition stuff and may be able to offer you a good price on it, so be sure to contact him before pulling the trigger anywhere else.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 09:35:48 PM
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 11:33:22 PM
Ok thanks. I'm not familar with Travis(what's the website?) , but I do see a cool black Falcon 2 one on Amazon for under $100 which I will probably go with instead. Lots of videos, but mostly people showing what they have packed in the bag which is not what i'm looking for but I do see the accesories attached to the sides.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:43:58 PM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 12:09:39 AM
...or not, Falcon looks kinda small, need to do more research, anyone else with experience with these I would love to hear about.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 01:22:43 AM
Travis runs the Multitool.org Store and has been a member here since the very beginning.  You can message him through the forum here:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?action=profile;u=15

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

at Offline Woz

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 08:19:06 PM
I am not a fan of Maxpedition for outdoor use. While Maxpedition makes GREAT EDC and BOB bags, I do not like them for trekking or hiking use. Why? Well, the bags are well made and highly organized, but while there are plenty of small pockets, they do not have really large pockets to store a tent, a mat or spare clothes. They are hust not made for that, and if you want a bag for longer tours, a Maxpedition might be the wrong choice. Still, for short tours and EDC they are fine.
edc-reviews.blogspot.com

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 02:31:05 AM
Woz has a good point.  I rarely use a pack for camping so I didn't think about that.  Most of my camping is either done out the back of my Jeep or out of my kayak.

Def

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 01:12:39 PM
Just my 2c, probably a bit late though, I agree with both Def and Woz.  I love Maxped gear for EDC, and I miss every bag I've had from them.  Unfortunately for me I can only have one or two nice bags at a time due to financial constraints, so I sell them off to get new ones just like my tools.  I am currently using a 511 Rush 12 pack, and it rocks.  I thought about the Condor though, I think it's just a hair too big for me at the moment.  I do plan on getting one of their Tactical Attache's for my new job though, it would work wonders for what I need. 

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 02:51:50 AM
Amici,
Currently I'm using a Maxpedition Gearslinger as my GHB and I have to say, it's role has been quite disappointing. One of the main reasons I feel this is because of the "sling" option. With the lack of an additional strap, the gear you carry becomes centralized and not equally distributed as with regular packs, and gradually becomes an anchor on your back. This happens with even the lightest loads so I would think twice before spending the $$ on a Gearslinger. Money would be better invested in either a Kelty or a SAK brand back pack for use as a BOB/GHB.

Cheers,
Serge 

'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24