Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

EDC: How Do You Organize It and How Do You Carry It?

N_N_R · 13 · 5904

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
I've had this eternal problem of not being able to find the best for me way to organize my EDC.
Being a girl, I don't normally wear baggy or cargo pants which almost immediately deprives me of larger pockets to use. I do use pockets in the winter, but in summer I would look quite awkward with different... shapes & stuff bulging from different... prominent parts of my body... :D

I've tried with some sports purses or small sports bags... but this gives me the feeling of my EDC being... "far away" from me... ok, silly, I know :D

I have also the Maxpedition EDC Pocket Organizer.. but it's not the best for me either. I have to open it fully to be able to take out an item I need i.e. things aren't accessible immediately. Also the carry methods- It must be carried either in another bag (sth I hate) or.. I've tried carrying only it in my hand, holding its strap/handle, but this way I have one of my hands free... and I again don't have my EDC "immedate". I've also tried to attach a strap to the EDC organizer and carried it as a tiny bag, too... but it again turns it into a kind of a purse, so.. *see above :D

So, may be you have some more original ways to carry things... don't know :D But this drives me crazy, lol. I must either carry:

- baggy pants & T-shirts in summer
- wear a coat in summer (additional pockets, you know :D)
- wear a purse..... which I hate ...

Anyway, what are your solutions/ways to carry EDC? :D

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Re: EDC: How Do You Organize It and How Do You Carry It?
Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 05:38:27 PM
i am not sure what all you are carrying. But i carry most of my stuff in my pockets. Maybe a type of cargo shorts maybe? But i know what you mean by carrying edc in a bag. It has to be one my person. Sometimes I extra stuff in an old O.D. map case.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 06:05:05 PM
I posted a pick of my EDC (my purse) the other day. I'll link to the pic at the bottom. I was on another site, and the women there were discussing the Kangaroo Keeper purse organizer, which was basically canvas sewn to make a bunch of pockets to stick stuff in. Never being someone who likes to PAY for things, I took a couple shop towels and some zip ties (as supports), and using easy-to-remove stitches, made basically the same thing as a liner for my purse.

Also, my purse is a Piel hobo sling backpack. The shoulder strap will unzip down the middle so it can be worn like a backpack, a gift I got a few years ago from my inlaws for Christmas, super sturdy, simple, and functional.
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Piel-Leather-Three-Backpack/dp/B00200P4Y0/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1334591579&sr=8-14

Here's a link to that post with the pic of my purse, and a glimpse of the orange shop towels inside. I know you've already seen it, but I thought I'd point out that one detail.
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,9225.msg592117.html#msg592117

Let me know if you want a better pic of the arrangement, or whatever. I didn't use any kind of 'rocket surgery' to build it, just kind of eyeballed the whole thing and slapped it together. I intended it to be a rough first-version, but it's worked pretty well, and I haven't bothered to revise it.

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 06:20:15 PM
Downsizing maybe....  :think: :think:

Yep I forgot that I'm talking to girl....  :facepalm: So downsizing wouldn't be a option...  :D :D :D

Well I carry minimalist...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 06:31:15 PM
i am not sure what all you are carrying. But i carry most of my stuff in my pockets. Maybe a type of cargo shorts maybe? But i know what you mean by carrying edc in a bag. It has to be one my person. Sometimes I extra stuff in an old O.D. map case.

May be not too much  :facepalm: : a wallet, a phone, keys, a flashlight, a MT

Cargo shorts... a nice idea... should buy some, lol.

Lynn, lol, nice how you managed yours. My EDC is "small/little", actually, in comparison to other people, that's why a purse has always annoyed me... I mean, almost any type of a purse is too big for me.. and I hate it dangling on whichever side of my body... :D  And here people consider purses one of the... signs of femininity... oh well :D

Downsizing maybe....  :think: :think:

Yep I forgot that I'm talking to girl....  :facepalm: So downsizing wouldn't be a option...  :D :D :D

Well I carry minimalist...

Hm.... Not sure I have any room for downsizing.... :D :D :D  Yeah, I create problems on my own, I've been told... lol
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:33:31 PM by N_N_R »

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 08:29:03 PM
If I want to carry more than I can comfortably put in my pockets I take a small bag. I also tend to carry water if I'm going to be out for a while, so the bag works well.

Current favourite is the Patagonia Minimass:

Excellent, lightweight bag which is perfect for my current needs.
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 03:07:10 AM
Bill's Urban Wallet, or any of the contraptions generally know as pocket pockets. :tu:

Offline Murray30

Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 02:58:16 PM
On my left the fenix tk15 and zippo realtree camo in black holster,
and the right maxpedition single sheath with bo wave,i have tried many combos with the max sheath,this one seams to work, and does not show under shirt,jumper etc.
SDC12956---.jpg
* SDC12956---.jpg (Filesize: 110.7 KB)

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 03:12:43 PM
When I want to load up on gear, I use my cargo pants pockets and a good sturdy belt to support carrying of sheaths, etc.  On a day like today, I prefer to travel light, however, and am limited to what's on my keychain.
SAW

Offline GForGeep

EDC: How Do You Organize It and How Do You Carry It?
Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 03:49:01 PM
Normally I'm wearin 5.11 taclite pro pants and they're awesome (they make them for women as well). But sometimes I wear basketball shorts so my charge tti on my belt won't work and my pockets are limited. In those scenarios I bought a horizontal camera case with a belt clip. It zips closed and is big enough for my microstream, SAK, space pen, even my house keys (with PS4 and flashlight). It's the best way I've found to carry stuff when I don't have an abundance of pockets. I bought it on eBay a while back and I don't know the brand but any camera case would work. Just make sure it's a belt clip and not loop.

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 02:42:50 AM
Amici,
Normally I carry about two so-called, "sets" of EDC gear on me at all times. Set one, usually is spread out across my front and pockets, or worn around my neck.

These are the "bare minimums" that usually consist of a SAK or similar type folder, pen, torch, some sort of fire making item, and of course, a smart phone.

The second set of gear that I carry is kept in a Maxpedition Gearslinger bag which is also my official GHB. Thus is where I keep similar items but of a much bigger size since they will be utilized for getting my outta a jam and home as quickly as possible should a SHTF scenario happen to arise.

It's better to have something and not need it, than need something and not have it..

Cheers,
Serge

'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 04:31:35 AM
necro thread! here is one for you CanadianLMfan. And i cant forgot the link thingy again.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #12 on: December 14, 2016, 05:23:08 AM

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD