Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Blade Show 2008

J-sews · 11 · 3450

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Blade Show 2008
on: May 05, 2008, 03:00:36 AM
I just realized the Blade Show is scheduled for later this month. May 30 thru June 1 in Atlanta Georgia.

Link: http://www.blademag.com/bladeshow/

Wish I were lucky enough to be going. Is anyone else here planning to attend?

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Re: Blade Show 2008
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 03:15:39 AM
Let's say I'm planning to try to attend. It's only a two hour drive and I have free lodging but I just couldn't make it last year. I do have some money saved so that may be a good impetus for me to actually go this year.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 03:22:32 AM
Reading (and seeing) a review of Blade from the perspective of a multitool enthusiast would be awesome :drool:
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 03:28:01 AM
Reading (and seeing) a review of Blade from the perspective of a multitool enthusiast would be awesome :drool:

Ooh yah, try to make it there Spoon! (do it for your fans)  :pok: :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 03:35:25 AM
Since I'll be unemployed and in school I'm fairly certain I'll be able to go to all three days. I'm going to try to get an assistant to take pictures and wander around to try to capture it all but there aren't any long-haired Canadians down here so I may have to go solo. ( ;))

I'm looking over the exhibition list, why no Victorinox or Wenger?

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 03:40:04 AM
Since I'll be unemployed and in school I'm fairly certain I'll be able to go to all three days. I'm going to try to get an assistant to take pictures and wander around to try to capture it all but there aren't any long-haired Canadians down here so I may have to go solo. ( ;))

How about balding Michiganders? Got any of those?  :D

I'm looking over the exhibition list, why no Victorinox or Wenger?

Hmmm, good question. I'm not familiar with Blade. Are they usually there?

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 03:50:06 AM
Probably not anymore, they've all melted from the heat.  :P

I do have a slightly disgruntled best friend to accompany me but it's going to take some money to convince her to take pictures of a bunch of dorky dudes holding pocket knives and multitools.

I can't find the list for last year but I think Leatherman didn't go but Victorinox did. Probably just one of those things were scheduling doesn't line up. Other than that it looks good; CRKT, SOG, Gerber, Leatherman, and a bunch of knife companies I've been wanting to see and SureFire to top it all off. Dangit, now I'm excited about it and there's still 26 days to go.

As a trade show veteran, I believe you have exactly 100% more experience than me, any advice on what to bring?

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 03:58:37 AM
If its anything like the Shot Show, the most critical thing of all is: comfortable shoes.  :P  (those convention halls are mind-bogglingly huge)

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 07:49:47 AM
I'm only a little over 2 hrs from Atlanta. Wish I could meet you there Spoon but I can never get away from work.
"

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 02:32:51 PM
I am heading that way too hopefull, Atlanta is a 5-6 hour ride from here and Grant is going to hook me up with what I need to get it. Between the both of us we should be able to cover things pretty good.

David

Offline Icheatpeople

Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 09:55:30 PM
wenger and vic has never exhibit there.

the only sak worth it you find by swissbianco, i exhibit by booth # 7 timberline knives.

according to my talk with mr glesser, owner of spyderco, mr elsener is anounced to be an member of the blade hall of fame but its unknown when that happens and if mr e. is there. i will be at the banquet where they announce that too.

+B

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD