Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Your Dog, Cat, Pig, Snake, Spider, Ant... Your PETS TOPIC :D

N_N_R · 4073 · 150649

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Your Dog, Cat, Pig, Snake, Spider, Ant... Your PETS TOPIC :D
Reply #1830 on: June 17, 2017, 10:25:44 PM
Milo out for his walk tonight, I think he'd had enough and wanted to go home

(Image removed from quote.)

How's Milo doing ?

He's doing great thanks Steve.

He's got a slight limp on the leg that got injured ( front right) and a couple of puncture wounds that still have the scabs on them, but other than that he's good. He's running around like a loony again and thinks nothing to launching himself off the couch to go bark at something.  It's great to see,  I honestly thought I'd lost him when he got attacked.

The vet thinks he'll always have the limp.
Tough little guy :D

Great he came out alright, I can only imagine the feeling of fearing for his life... :cry:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #1831 on: June 17, 2017, 10:55:48 PM
Me and the wife did a little something for the furball, all for under $5, but it's something for him to scratch at, bite, and rub his face into..
JR
Need to try that one... :tu:
It looks like a toilet plunger, I'm sure a toilet plunger might even work better too, the base that I used is very light and I kinda tips to easy, but he kinda likes it to rub his face in and chew a little..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1832 on: June 17, 2017, 11:06:42 PM
Me and the wife did a little something for the furball, all for under $5, but it's something for him to scratch at, bite, and rub his face into..
JR
Need to try that one... :tu:
It looks like a toilet plunger, I'm sure a toilet plunger might even work better too, the base that I used is very light and I kinda tips to easy, but he kinda likes it to rub his face in and chew a little..
JR
Beats using my arm for that...

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1833 on: June 17, 2017, 11:10:28 PM

Here's my boy Frisco. He's an American Bully, and truly a sweet dog.

he's a very handsome chap.  :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #1834 on: June 18, 2017, 12:22:03 AM
Milo out for his walk tonight, I think he'd had enough and wanted to go home

How's Milo doing ?

He's doing great thanks Steve.

He's got a slight limp on the leg that got injured ( front right) and a couple of puncture wounds that still have the scabs on them, but other than that he's good. He's running around like a loony again and thinks nothing to launching himself off the couch to go bark at something.  It's great to see,  I honestly thought I'd lost him when he got attacked.

The vet thinks he'll always have the limp.

Great news !

The limp will give him street cred   :D

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1835 on: June 18, 2017, 07:06:00 AM
Rocko smell hunting.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1836 on: June 18, 2017, 09:53:53 AM
looks great mate. :tu:  How long a walk does he need?

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1837 on: June 18, 2017, 10:57:22 AM
looks great mate. :tu:  How long a walk does he need?

Yeah the amount of exercise he gets depends on how busy we are.
We walk about five km daily and if the kid has run training then that is another five km.
But if he has been out on a farm or playing with other dogs then I don't usually bother walking him.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #1839 on: June 19, 2017, 05:24:49 PM
Nice looking dog Z!
Nate

SEND IT!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1840 on: June 19, 2017, 06:39:34 PM
Molly takes the Douglas Adams line when it comes to a good towel. ;)

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #1841 on: June 19, 2017, 09:01:28 PM

:like:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1842 on: June 19, 2017, 11:53:08 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Nate

SEND IT!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1843 on: June 20, 2017, 08:40:32 AM
cheers gents :cheers: she really does love her towel though, part drying implement, part chew toy, part bed.  She'll drag it around if she feels it's in the wrong place. :D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 08:44:06 AM by Gareth »

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1844 on: June 20, 2017, 02:19:47 PM
Poor wee Molly had her first trip to the groomer's today.  Not a full clip (she's too young for that) but she did get the wash and dry and tidy up with some scissors.  Very well behaved apparently and well deserves a treat or two.  It was only this morning and the very fluffy look has already gone in favour of her more usual tufty locks. :D

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #1845 on: June 21, 2017, 12:26:52 AM
Molly sure is a cute little pup  :like:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1846 on: June 21, 2017, 11:21:09 AM

:cheers:

However her "cute" credentials took a knock this morning though when she decided to run though a stinking, stagnant, muddy puddle. ::)

england Offline Kev D

Reply #1847 on: June 21, 2017, 11:41:35 AM

However her "cute" credentials took a knock this morning though when she decided to run though a stinking, stagnant, muddy puddle. ::)

Wait till she discovers fox poo and you don't until you stroke her  :rofl:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1848 on: June 21, 2017, 11:48:58 AM

:ahhh  So far, so good on that front, but I guess it's only a matter of time. :(

england Offline Kev D

Reply #1849 on: June 21, 2017, 12:07:11 PM

:ahhh  So far, so good on that front, but I guess it's only a matter of time. :(

It stinks, and takes a couple of shampoos to get the smell out of the dog. After trying various dog shampoo's over the years I have found johnsons baby shampoo the best for it, and the no more tears one makes it great for bathing young dogs where they think a bath is time to play, and then risk getting shampoo in the eyes when doing the head area.

When Milo goes quiet in the woods it means he's usually located some and is enjoying a roll on it.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #1850 on: June 21, 2017, 12:38:52 PM
cheers gents :cheers: she really does love her towel though, part drying implement, part chew toy, part bed.  She'll drag it around if she feels it's in the wrong place. :D

Maybe you should've given her a different name...

Show content

Linusia...
 :whistle:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1851 on: June 21, 2017, 12:49:18 PM

It stinks, and takes a couple of shampoos to get the smell out of the dog. After trying various dog shampoo's over the years I have found johnsons baby shampoo the best for it, and the no more tears one makes it great for bathing young dogs where they think a bath is time to play, and then risk getting shampoo in the eyes when doing the head area.

When Milo goes quiet in the woods it means he's usually located some and is enjoying a roll on it.
That's right up there when they find something dead and they roll in it or bring it back home.
Nate

SEND IT!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1852 on: June 21, 2017, 01:49:28 PM

Maybe you should've given her a different name...

Show content

Linusia...
 :whistle:

oh, she's very much a Linus. :D

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #1853 on: June 24, 2017, 06:47:00 PM
Bonnie is all laid up in bed nursing a poorly leg. She saw a cat up the rec on Thursday and as chased it. It was quite far away, right next to a fence and rather than do the usual jumping up and over the fence, the cat just stood there. Bonnie caught it but then didn't know what to do (thank goodness) but the cat bit her on the leg. Straight to the vets on Thursday afternoon for anti biotics and painkillers, but this morning her leg was still swollen and painful, so another trip to the vets for stronger antibiotics.

I'm beginning to think we shouldn't let her off the lead anymore. Between this, broken claws, stomach upsets from eating stuff she shouldn't and being allergic to grass and pollen, she is costing us a huge amount of money. Lucky she has a sweet nature and is very loveable, otherwise I would send her back to the dog home  :D Not really - just on a downer as she's ill so much.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

england Offline Kev D

Reply #1854 on: June 24, 2017, 07:24:51 PM
Get well soon Bonnie

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #1855 on: June 24, 2017, 07:52:48 PM
Get well soon Bonnie
+1 :-\ get better!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1856 on: June 24, 2017, 08:32:24 PM
Bonnie is all laid up in bed nursing a poorly leg. She saw a cat up the rec on Thursday and as chased it. It was quite far away, right next to a fence and rather than do the usual jumping up and over the fence, the cat just stood there. Bonnie caught it but then didn't know what to do (thank goodness) but the cat bit her on the leg. Straight to the vets on Thursday afternoon for anti biotics and painkillers, but this morning her leg was still swollen and painful, so another trip to the vets for stronger antibiotics.

I'm beginning to think we shouldn't let her off the lead anymore. Between this, broken claws, stomach upsets from eating stuff she shouldn't and being allergic to grass and pollen, she is costing us a huge amount of money. Lucky she has a sweet nature and is very loveable, otherwise I would send her back to the dog home  :D Not really - just on a downer as she's ill so much.

Really sorry to hear it mate. :(  Get well soon Bonnie.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #1857 on: June 24, 2017, 09:14:50 PM

Poor Bonnie, hope she heals quickly  :tu:

I don't let Rosie run loose anymore because she has taken to eating anything she can get her teeth on, bits of wood , bark, grass, smal rocks you name it she has tried to eat it. The meds she is on for her seizures make her hungry all the time but she has always had the propensity for eating stuff, it's just amplified now.   :-\

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #1858 on: June 24, 2017, 10:52:01 PM

I don't let Rosie run loose anymore because she has taken to eating anything she can get her teeth on, bits of wood , bark, grass, smal rocks you name it she has tried to eat it. The meds she is on for her seizures make her hungry all the time but she has always had the propensity for eating stuff, it's just amplified now.   :-\

Cheers all. We've just got back from the out of hours vets because Bonnie looked like she was in a lot of pain - panting etc. The vet was great with her an prescribed some tramadol, so we're back now and she's curled up on the sofa looking spaced out  :D and a lot happier.

I'll be happier once the swelling has gone down but she's only going to be let off the lead in very controlled circumstances from now on.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

england Offline Kev D

Reply #1859 on: June 24, 2017, 11:02:02 PM

Cheers all. We've just got back from the out of hours vets because Bonnie looked like she was in a lot of pain - panting etc. The vet was great with her an prescribed some tramadol, so we're back now and she's curled up on the sofa looking spaced out  :D and a lot happier.

I'll be happier once the swelling has gone down but she's only going to be let off the lead in very controlled circumstances from now on.

Tramadol is good stuff, that's what I have when my back is having a bad day.  What strength are they?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%