Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Your Dog, Cat, Pig, Snake, Spider, Ant... Your PETS TOPIC :D

N_N_R · 4073 · 150611

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Re: Your Dog, Cat, Pig, Snake, Spider, Ant... Your PETS TOPIC :D
Reply #1860 on: June 24, 2017, 11:17:35 PM
50mg Kev. She is currently completely off her ( 8 ) tits  :D

:cheers:

New page Cthulhu dance!

(;,;) (;,;) (;,;)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 11:19:28 PM by magentus »
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #1861 on: June 24, 2017, 11:33:59 PM

New page Cthulhu dance!

(;,;) (;,;) (;,;)

I'm not surprised, that's the same strength as mine.  Very strong for a dog her size. She'll be bombed out on them. 2 make me feel like I've had a good drink.

They don't react well with alcohol so tell her to lay off the sauce for a bit  :D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #1862 on: June 25, 2017, 01:30:27 AM

New page Cthulhu dance!

(;,;) (;,;) (;,;)
Oh cool, can it go in the other direction?
<---- <---- <----JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #1863 on: June 25, 2017, 08:12:38 AM
I'm beginning to think we shouldn't let her off the lead anymore.

Have you considered a 4 or 8M spring loaded retractible lead ?  This gives the dog freedom to wander around a bit without dragging you all over the place but still leaves you in control.  We use these for our two where it isn't safe to let them off lead.  Just figure out how to use them safely (hint - don't let the line version get wrapped around bare legs - it can hurt if the dog decides to suddenly take off)

eg http://www.flexilead.com/en/products/
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1864 on: June 25, 2017, 09:03:38 AM

Have you considered a 4 or 8M spring loaded retractible lead ?  This gives the dog freedom to wander around a bit without dragging you all over the place but still leaves you in control.  We use these for our two where it isn't safe to let them off lead.  Just figure out how to use them safely (hint - don't let the line version get wrapped around bare legs - it can hurt if the dog decides to suddenly take off)

That's what we've been using with Molly, depending on the situation.  So; shot lead for town or by roads, 5m retractable for an element of freedom but where there is a good chance I'll want to hold her back for some reason, off the lead where I don't anticipate problems (basically open parks only ATM).
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #1865 on: June 25, 2017, 11:30:45 AM

Thanks for the suggestion Greg, but Bonnie is a sight hound - Greyhound/whippet cross - when she goes, she goes! We have one of those leads we bought when we first got her , but it's not appropriate for her breed. We'll run her at a particular park quite near to  us under 2 to 1 supervision once she's well again.

Cheers for your well wishes everyone. I think she's recovering slowly, but we all had a sleepless night (second in a row) so the tempers are fraying!

england Offline Kev D

Reply #1866 on: June 26, 2017, 04:28:25 PM
Hows Bonnie doing?

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #1867 on: June 26, 2017, 04:38:42 PM
She's looking a lot better this morning thanks Kev - the swelling in her leg has reduced as has her temperature, all together a lot more Bonnie than the last few days.

She's due back at the vets tomorrow for a check up.

We're having a family conference tonight to see how we can minimise anything else happening to her. She really is accident prone and unlucky so we need strategies!

I never forget my first ever First Aid instructor. He told us there was always one person in the office who would have far more accidents than nearly everyone else put together. One of our jobs as first aiders was to identify that person and do our best to prevent them from hurting themselves.

In our tribe that person is Bonnie the dog  :D

Thanks again for asking - how's Milo doing?  :tu:

england Offline Kev D

Reply #1868 on: June 26, 2017, 04:44:59 PM
Glad she's on the mend  :tu:

He's doing great thanks. The scabs on the last 2 bite wounds have now come off and fully healed, and the limp is only noticeable when he runs fast.  It's far better than the vet said it ever would be so I'm guessing the little bit he has now will probably heal up.

He woke me up at 4am this morning barking though. I thought he was desperate for a poo but it turned out he wanted to go bark at the hedgehog snuffling about in the garden. He's not as deaf as he makes out his is. I was not impressed, and I'm guessing the neighbours weren't either.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #1869 on: June 26, 2017, 04:48:57 PM

He's doing great thanks. The scabs on the last 2 bite wounds have now come off and fully healed, and the limp is only noticeable when he runs fast.  It's far better than the vet said it ever would be so I'm guessing the little bit he has now will probably heal up.

He woke me up at 4am this morning barking though. I thought he was desperate for a poo but it turned out he wanted to go bark at the hedgehog snuffling about in the garden. He's not as deaf as he makes out his is. I was not impressed, and I'm guessing the neighbours weren't either.
:rofl: OMG - I reckon Milo and Bonnie were Lemmings in a previous life. They really need saving from themselves. Do you have a good relationship with your neighbours?

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1870 on: June 26, 2017, 04:50:15 PM
Very glad to hear they're both doing better gents. :cheers:

Mags; I'm wondering if it might help having another, more sensible, sight dog tag along on some of her runs?  Not saying you need another dog, but perhaps there is another local owner whom you could tag along with.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #1871 on: June 26, 2017, 04:58:43 PM

Mags; I'm wondering if it might help having another, more sensible, sight dog tag along on some of her runs?  Not saying you need another dog, but perhaps there is another local owner whom you could tag along with.
Sensible sight dog? What's one of those?  :D

My daughter has a little dog-walking business and regularly walks sight hounds. One tried to chase down a landing helicopter (no kidding), one ran into a fence, one ran into a bench. I could go on. And on.

Bonnie is pretty sensible on the whole (especially compared to the dogs I mentioned), she's just accident prone. Also, because of her allergies, she is on a medication which lowers her immune system, which means the usual minor injuries dogs handle with no problem, become more serious, and if she eats anything dodgy, that could have serious effects.

She's also allergic to a load of common dog medication and has ended up in hospital more than once due to serious reactions.  :ahhh It's a merry go round here!

We're just going to have to put her safety above running with the pack for a while, and reassess once she's fully recovered.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1872 on: June 26, 2017, 05:14:48 PM

Sensible sight dog? What's one of those?  :D

My daughter has a little dog-walking business and regularly walks sight hounds. One tried to chase down a landing helicopter (no kidding), one ran into a fence, one ran into a bench. I could go on. And on.

Bonnie is pretty sensible on the whole (especially compared to the dogs I mentioned), she's just accident prone. Also, because of her allergies, she is on a medication which lowers her immune system, which means the usual minor injuries dogs handle with no problem, become more serious, and if she eats anything dodgy, that could have serious effects.

She's also allergic to a load of common dog medication and has ended up in hospital more than once due to serious reactions.  :ahhh It's a merry go round here!

We're just going to have to put her safety above running with the pack for a while, and reassess once she's fully recovered.

Good point, well made. :D  I will say, in their defence, my dad's lurcher managed to survive into old age and as an older dog he did seem to have learned a few lessons, albeit the hard way. ;)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1873 on: June 26, 2017, 05:23:06 PM
Molly has decided that my rucksack is the best pillow ever invented. ::)  Taken last night, but she's back there right now.

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #1874 on: June 26, 2017, 05:51:15 PM

:rofl:

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #1875 on: June 26, 2017, 05:58:22 PM
She's looking a lot better this morning thanks Kev - the swelling in her leg has reduced as has her temperature, all together a lot more Bonnie than the last few days.

She's due back at the vets tomorrow for a check up.

We're having a family conference tonight to see how we can minimise anything else happening to her. She really is accident prone and unlucky so we need strategies!

I never forget my first ever First Aid instructor. He told us there was always one person in the office who would have far more accidents than nearly everyone else put together. One of our jobs as first aiders was to identify that person and do our best to prevent them from hurting themselves.

In our tribe that person is Bonnie the dog  :D

Thanks again for asking - how's Milo doing?  :tu:

Sounds like a sensible approach  :tu:

I have to watch Rosie like a hawk now. If I turn my attention away for just a second she is scrounging something of the ground. Just this morning when she had her morning poop, she winced a bit. When I picked up after her I could feel a sharp rock in her poop.  :facepalm:

All I need is for her to get some king of obstruction and more vet bills. Her seizure meds (Phenobarbital)  just almost doubled in price from the last time I filled per prescription.  :rant:

They sure are worth the expense though  :doggy:

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #1876 on: June 26, 2017, 05:58:45 PM
Molly has decided that my rucksack is the best pillow ever invented. ::)  Taken last night, but she's back there right now.

(Image removed from quote.)

:like:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1877 on: June 26, 2017, 06:08:04 PM

Our cat loves them, every day the kid would come home from school he would toss his on the floor and then 5min later he'd be on it, or he uses mine as a scratching post, I think he just likes to hear the noise?
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #1878 on: June 26, 2017, 06:26:41 PM

She is super cute G-Man  :salute:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #1879 on: June 26, 2017, 06:29:41 PM
Sounds like a sensible approach  :tu:

I have to watch Rosie like a hawk now. If I turn my attention away for just a second she is scrounging something of the ground. Just this morning when she had her morning poop, she winced a bit. When I picked up after her I could feel a sharp rock in her poop.  :facepalm:

All I need is for her to get some king of obstruction and more vet bills. Her seizure meds (Phenobarbital)  just almost doubled in price from the last time I filled per prescription.  :rant:

They sure are worth the expense though  :doggy

Rosie is hard core  :D

They are worth it , yes! They are family members. I wish meds were cheaper!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1880 on: June 26, 2017, 11:48:21 PM
Well, our little fuzz bucket likes to check out the toilet bowl after someone flushes it, or sometimes in the middle of the night, I don't get it, normally dogs like to drink from it, but cats? Well, the Mrs wanted to add toilet fresheners and I don't think there to good for them so I did a little something.. lol
JR
IMG_7755.PNG
* IMG_7755.PNG (Filesize: 211.58 KB)

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #1881 on: June 27, 2017, 12:18:25 AM

Good one JR !

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #1882 on: June 27, 2017, 09:37:35 AM

Brilliant!  :tu:

england Offline Kev D

Reply #1883 on: June 27, 2017, 09:55:20 AM
Love it  :rofl:

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
  • I have a small selection of disparate tools
Reply #1884 on: June 27, 2017, 10:10:05 AM
It is never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1885 on: June 27, 2017, 04:25:01 PM
Thanks, and this morning as soon as I got up he went after one of my bags..
JR
IMG_7758.PNG
* IMG_7758.PNG (Filesize: 160.12 KB)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1886 on: June 27, 2017, 11:43:59 PM
Well someone wanted to play, yet the other wanted to sleep! :whistle:
JR
IMG_7761.PNG
* IMG_7761.PNG (Filesize: 215.1 KB)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1887 on: June 27, 2017, 11:56:57 PM
Lol,,
JR
IMG_7765.PNG
* IMG_7765.PNG (Filesize: 192.7 KB)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1888 on: June 28, 2017, 11:39:01 AM
Well someone wanted to play, yet the other wanted to sleep! :whistle:
JR

LOL. :D

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1889 on: June 28, 2017, 11:56:19 AM
Against all evidence, Molly is still determined that she fits on my lap. ::)

lap dog.jpg
* lap dog.jpg (Filesize: 142.8 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%