Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Your Dog, Cat, Pig, Snake, Spider, Ant... Your PETS TOPIC :D

N_N_R · 4073 · 154142

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Your Dog, Cat, Pig, Snake, Spider, Ant... Your PETS TOPIC :D
Reply #2550 on: February 16, 2018, 09:33:42 PM
Poor bonnie :cry:

Bella says she hopes you feel better quickly as she lays here comfortably..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #2551 on: February 16, 2018, 09:38:05 PM
Thanks J and Bella :cheers:

You have a new fan there - Bella is looking at you like you're Robert Pattinson  :D
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2552 on: February 16, 2018, 09:45:05 PM
Poor Bonnie the dog was tearing round a field with her bezzy Susa when disaster struck - A claw got ripped off on a particularly sharp turn. Immediate 'Lurcher cry of death' and my daughter had to carry our 20 kg dog across the field and down to our local vets. One claw pull and an attempt on the vets life later and Bonnie the dog is bandaged up and asleep on the sofa at home, dreaming of rabbits and deer.

Ouch Bonnie  :(    Poor thing, give her a pet from me and Rosie 

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #2553 on: February 16, 2018, 09:46:06 PM
Poor Bonnie the dog was tearing round a field with her bezzy Susa when disaster struck - A claw got ripped off on a particularly sharp turn. Immediate 'Lurcher cry of death' and my daughter had to carry our 20 kg dog across the field and down to our local vets. One claw pull and an attempt on the vets life later and Bonnie the dog is bandaged up and asleep on the sofa at home, dreaming of rabbits and deer.

Ouch Bonnie  :(    Poor thing, give her a pet from me and Rosie

Will do Steve  :salute:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2554 on: February 16, 2018, 10:20:14 PM
I must say not only is she’s trying to get very comfy, but become part of the forum..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2555 on: February 16, 2018, 10:42:27 PM
Ohh, poor Bonnie. :cry:  Hope she gets well soon mate.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2556 on: February 16, 2018, 11:56:31 PM
Oh wow, look who..
JR

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2557 on: February 17, 2018, 12:16:42 AM
That's progress. :tu:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2558 on: February 17, 2018, 12:18:11 AM
They'll be best buddies soon  :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2559 on: February 17, 2018, 12:25:46 AM
Lol, he wasn’t to happy, I just snapped the pic and then he took off, he’s in the closet at the moment, he likes hiding and laying on my thermals..
JR

Oh, and I spotted company a little ways away, I put my monocular up to the pad to try and quickly take a pic, not the best..
JR

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2560 on: February 17, 2018, 12:59:24 PM

Oh no, not again. Poor Bonnie.

Is that the same leg as last time? Hope she recovers all ok

Give her a scruff from me

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #2561 on: February 17, 2018, 08:31:53 PM
Cheers all  :salute:

I removed Bonnie's bandage today and the wound looks fine. She's hobbling around but is able to put pressure on her paw so I think another couple of days walking around the garden and she'll be able to go out properly again.

Because this is the third injury on the same claw I have researched a 'running boot' for her and have ordered one from Ireland (I hope I don't get a Pablo'd one) that is designed for racing dogs and will enable her to run around but not put any extra stress on the iffy claw.

A friend came round today who had not met Bonnie before and, as she's a timid dog, I always give guests a treat to give to her to break the ice. I gave my friend a piece of her duck jerky but he put it in his mouth and ate it himself  :facepalm: How we laughed!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2562 on: February 18, 2018, 01:29:02 AM
what's wrong with a bit of duck jerky anyway?  :D 

Good to hear she's on the mend already mate.  :cheers:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2563 on: February 18, 2018, 01:43:04 AM
Glad to hear she's doing better   :tu:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2564 on: February 18, 2018, 01:45:33 AM
Rosie's cousin Misty stayed with us for the day, a couple of rascals  :tu:

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #2565 on: February 18, 2018, 02:12:51 AM
How could you say "no" to those eyes....

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2566 on: February 18, 2018, 02:32:28 AM
Here’s a question for everyone with a dog,

What do you give them to chew on?

Our adopted Bella has started to feel more at home, she’s been with us for one month as of yesterday, she has chew toys but still won’t touch some, but I want to get her something that’s good and will keep her busy, not something that she’ll chew up within 5min, I’ll be getting a Kong and trying to get her to enjoy one but I was thinking of something that’s more edible? Our old dog used to love rawhides, we’d give him a 24” and that would last him months, but I’m just finding out that there not digestive? Then I spotted pigs ears, yet dogs aren’t suppose to eat pork? So the only thing else I really found was a bully stick? Some chewy rawhide like that’s actully digestible? If anyone’s got any info on what’s good or anything on these bully sticks, please post or pm me,, thanks
JR

au Online gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #2567 on: February 18, 2018, 11:42:26 AM

Bits of firewood.  Seriously, I let them choose which bit they like, and sometimes they can chew on one particular bit for hours.  It seems some are MUCH better than others, and woe betide the dog that tries to take a particularly prized piece that hasn't been finished with yet (  "GRRRR !  Just because I have stopped chewing and left it doesn't mean I have finished with it and don't mind if you have it now !  GRRR !"  )

The cardboard rolls from toilet paper and paper towels are also fun, but best of all is playing tug with a strong cardboard box (that has the extra bonus of adding interaction with a human ).  They do have access to a lot of different dog chew toys (including Kongs etc), but wood and processed wood (cardboard) are firm favourites.

In case anyone is wondering, yes, I do feed my dogs actual canine food (but both are always hungry because I keep them slim & fit as they compete in Agility trials)
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

england Offline Kev D

Reply #2568 on: February 18, 2018, 01:01:51 PM
Big rawhide chews

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2569 on: February 18, 2018, 06:27:10 PM

Bits of firewood.  Seriously, I let them choose which bit they like, and sometimes they can chew on one particular bit for hours.  It seems some are MUCH better than others, and woe betide the dog that tries to take a particularly prized piece that hasn't been finished with yet (  "GRRRR !  Just because I have stopped chewing and left it doesn't mean I have finished with it and don't mind if you have it now !  GRRR !"  )

The cardboard rolls from toilet paper and paper towels are also fun, but best of all is playing tug with a strong cardboard box (that has the extra bonus of adding interaction with a human ).  They do have access to a lot of different dog chew toys (including Kongs etc), but wood and processed wood (cardboard) are firm favourites.

In case anyone is wondering, yes, I do feed my dogs actual canine food (but both are always hungry because I keep them slim & fit as they compete in Agility trials)
I never heard of firewood, I would think that’s bad since wood splinters and could get stuck and cause infection, and the TP or PT cardboard ok, but if they like cardboard, what happens when you just leave a package on the table and have to run out the door?
JR

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2570 on: February 18, 2018, 06:41:44 PM

I had to pull a large wood splinter from Rosie's gum when she was a puppy , not good  :(

Deer or Elk  antler are the way to go, last forever, don't smell, don't splinter

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #2571 on: February 18, 2018, 07:10:35 PM

I had to pull a large wood splinter from Rosie's gum when she was a puppy , not good  :(

Deer or Elk  antler are the way to go, last forever, don't smell, don't splinter
+1 Or Buffalo horn as well.  :salute:

Steve - Rosie et al are gorgeous  :cheers:

au Online gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #2572 on: February 18, 2018, 11:08:39 PM
I never heard of firewood, I would think that’s bad since wood splinters and could get stuck and cause infection, and the TP or PT cardboard ok, but if they like cardboard, what happens when you just leave a package on the table and have to run out the door?
JR

I'm not saying it is a good idea for all dogs, but I've had 3 dogs so far that liked to chew on firewood (and two that didn't).   It started about 18 years ago with a Doberman puppy and she taught the next two dogs.  I think I've had to remove a splinter stuck between teeth about 3 times in all that time, never had any problems with splinters puncturing gums or tongues. They seem to gnaw particular types of wood that don't seem to generate many splinters at all.  Of course having said that probably means I'll be visiting the vet for expensive medical treatment next winter  :pok:

All of my dogs know not to jump up onto tables or benches, anything left there is pretty safe (including food), but a cardboard box placed on the floor is definitely fair game and WILL get shredded  :D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 11:13:10 PM by gregozedobe »
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2573 on: February 18, 2018, 11:50:29 PM

+1 Or Buffalo horn as well.  :salute:

Steve - Rosie et al are gorgeous  :cheers:

Thanks !

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2574 on: February 20, 2018, 02:45:44 AM
Was at the store and found a few things, I just thought that monkey fist was cool and only like $2 so I grabbed it, but I saw a pig ear and fig I’d give it a try, I must say at first she didn’t want part of it, after a few passes she finally took a few licks at it then took it in the other room, she sniffed at it for about a min, then licked it a few times, then started to nibble, and that’s what started it, she power chewed that thing in 12min! Then vacuumed and licked the floor for the next two, I must say I think she ended up liking it, just wish they lasted longer, still have to find a Kong for her size and maybe a bully stick or deer antler..
JR

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2575 on: February 20, 2018, 03:35:57 PM
We've had no trouble with simple rawhide chews, but I believe it depends on how your individual dog chews them.  A dog who'll crunch them into pieces a swallow them in big chunks might have problems.  However a dog who chews on the end and gnaws them soft shouldn't have any problems.  We've also given Molly some deer antler and she's enjoying that.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2576 on: February 20, 2018, 04:05:53 PM
We avoid really hard items since our dogs have chipped teeth on things like bones and horns. We used to have rope 'bones' but the dogs would shred those and swallow the resultant bit of string.

Rawhide chews seem pretty good, but our little fella tries to eat them instead of chewing on them. Invariably he gets a chew worn down to the point where it's not big enough to swallow, but sufficient to choke, gag, and retch up.

Never learns.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2577 on: February 20, 2018, 05:07:34 PM
We avoid really hard items since our dogs have chipped teeth on things like bones and horns. We used to have rope 'bones' but the dogs would shred those and swallow the resultant bit of string.

Rawhide chews seem pretty good, but our little fella tries to eat them instead of chewing on them. Invariably he gets a chew worn down to the point where it's not big enough to swallow, but sufficient to choke, gag, and retch up.

Never learns.

We've had the same problem with rope toys as well.  They're ok for play, but if left to her own devices Molly will pick them apart and try and eat the bits of string. :-\

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2578 on: February 21, 2018, 12:44:00 AM
We got a break from the rain and since it was so warm out we took the dog for a walk, oh she was so good and had such a good time, she even wanted to make a friend, they were curious but then took off, but the Mrs took a few pics,,

And we ordered a Kong, they were only $6 and a bottle of what looks like cheese on a bottle but it’s peanut butter from Kong, so in a few days we’ll get to see if she’s likes it, she likes peanut butter cause I let her try what was on the spoon the other day.. :whistle:
JR

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2579 on: February 21, 2018, 01:43:48 AM
 :like: :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30